Just a theory so it won't be a long diary.
Everyone wonders why soccer hasn't taken off in the United States. My bet is that there aren't any time outs where capitalist dudes can sell viagra. That clock on the screen just keeps on ticking. Hats off to ABC and ESPN.
All that changed the other day when they started giving the first ever water break to the players. They needed it, it was hot. But mark my words, once there are commercial breaks in the game it will come to America big time. The question is, Who invented the Water Break, and when did they invent it?
GO TEAM USA!!!!! Winning the World Cup might help as well.
Just a theory so it won't be a long diary.
This documentary should be shared over and over and over again.
The Zeitgeist series cannot all be pushed on Kos but this one can.
I hope. I know I sure enjoyed it.
President Obama tells of days when he smoked pot, and inhaled, and I suppose if you think he's stupid, you could blame it on pot. If you think he's genius you have to find something else to blame it on. I used to think that if you had long hair you were cool and left wing till I met my first narc. I mean it's hard to say who does and who doesn't smoke pot these days, I know little old ladies that can't sleep at night without a toke and flat out hippies that call themselves "Quitters".
I admit, I smoke too much, obviously, whatever that is. Seven or eight joints a day. I don't care so I guess that makes me an addict. Like the guy that smokes cigarettes through a hole in his throat, I really don't see the harm. I recently spent seven weeks in SE Asia without smoking a toke so it's a different type of addiction because there were no withdrawal symptoms.
I know one thing for sure. Legalizing Marijuana would change the world. For the better. You don't need law to control pot, people that don't like it don't smoke it.
My name is Daniel Rueffert, Murdock was a pig we picked up in Alabama back in the summer of '69, right after I got out of the army. We lived on an old farm out in the country, a bunch of wannabe hippies that still had short hair from the service. We were waiting for a few more friends to get out before making our way out to Colorado to experience our first rock concert. There were a lot of big names playing the three day concert but Iron Butterfly was the one I was really wanting to see. We had an old school bus painted day glow and ready to roll for all that wanted to join. We were ten and counting.
Cheif Murdock was the head of the police department of Enterprise, Alabama that had been giving us shit for the past year. They'd arrested me seven hours before I was to leave for Viet Nam (may have saved my life) and so after four months in the Coffee County jail for possession of less than an ounce of pot, after being sentenced to 5 to 20 years in prison, no probation, no parole, after posting a 2,000 dollar appeal bond, and after four months of duty beyond my ETS, bad time, I'd finally received my discharge. It was an honorable discharge because my conviction was not settled. Double jeopardy was working in my favor.
They tell us Gabriel Gifford has introduced a bill in congress that will legalize the use of drones on the border........the day she leaves office. She won't even be able to vote on this "bipartisan" bill that I'm really sure she wrote. You can tell by her recent interviews that she's perfectly capable of writing laws, and that's why she's leaving congress. She wants to go write more laws. You know, legalizing concealed weapons at political events and the sort. Because if concealed guns at political events were legal she might never have been shot.
Except that in Arizona they are legal at political events. Now they'll need a federal law to that affect. To make congress critters safe at political rallies.
I'm probably the only one out there that smells fish so I'll make it short and sweet.
I smell fish.
Voting doesn't work. Never did and never will. I know, I voted for Obama.
Oh, they didn't tell us who would run at the special election that will surely take place but if it's not her husband I'll eat your hat.
With ten trillion dollars in future profits and savings on the table the Super Committee had a meeting behind closed doors to try smoking some homegrown weed provided by Herman Cain's campaign manager.
After the meeting the vote to legalize was unanimous. Oh, they voted to end all wars, investigate the FED, raise teachers salaries, release all prisoners convicted of victimless crimes and begin high speed rail construction in all fifty states. They agreed to meet again tomorrow, behind open doors, to resume the country's business.
The news coming out today is that the American that shot and killed two Pakistanis last month is actually a former Blackwater employee and current CIA contractor. ??WTF????? They told me he was a diplomat, and not subject to Pakistani laws.
The Washington Post agreed to hold back the truth from the American people because they were told to by the gubernet. They thought it might endanger the mutherf#cker. Now they try to tell us he was being robbed by two guys on motorcycles. So he killed them. Yeah, I believe that. Where does he think he is, Texas?
This all happening on the day they tell us that drones kill far more foot soldiers than bosses and that the 67 civilians they acknowledge killing is somehow worth it. The names of the 67 dead we'll never know but imagine if Bill Gates was one, Warren Buffet, Dick Cheney,Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Charles Koch? We're all equal under some lights and death from drones should be one of those lights.
Tom Delay was sentenced to three years in jail for laundering money.
Hopefully while there he can be found guilty of a dozen other things, more funny.
And maybe they can teach him how to make sweaters that say.
Made by a scumbag in the USA.
and maybe he'll be joined by Ashcroft Bush and Cheney
that would be justice, for those that think there isn't any.
Thereby permitting President Boner to take over and fix America.
Thank you Sarah Palin for setting the precedent.
The next two years without their resignation will be like Monica Lewinski on roller skates in gravel. Like the hulk scratching giant blackboards with broken fingernails. Like listening to Michael Scott explain homosexuality. Like holding ten pound weights while sinking in quicksand made of corporate feces... and in the end they will beat President Obama anyway. They will lie and cheat and call him EVERY name in the book and blame him for everything they do wrong and because they will have all the money in the world to do it with, they will do it well.
We're about to watch as Obama abolishes the filibuster just in time for the Corporate takeover. I say let Boner do it. We're about to watch a redistricting that will forever fuck America. I say let the Boner do it. Obama is about to give a huge tax cut to the wealthy. I say let the Boner do it.The shit that is about to happen to America will be blamed on Obama by the Corporate powers that be and will be believed by the "grassroot" public. I say let the blame for all the crap that is about to happen fall on the shoulders of the great big boner America has just pulled on itself.
according to the WaPo reconstruction in Afghanistan is coming to a halt. American reconstruction firms are threatening to pack up their bags and call it quits.
I'm glad he won't go to jail.
in response to the repulsive wing of the Republican party's "lies to America", we progressives have come up with our own pack of lies in the form of promises.
- Declare the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan and Iran over and won.
- Give everyone a million dollars.
- Give everyone a new car.
- Give everyone a new house.
- Give everyone two votes.
- Free food for everyone.
- A new energy source that doesn't cost anything.
- Free trips to the moon.
- Free chocolate.
10 Free ice cream.
- No more calories.
- No more 13s.
- high paying jobs for all where you don't have to work
- Make it nice to divorce your wife on her death bed.
Recommended by tRueffert
- No matter how many times we’ve seen it before, the frenzy for launching a military attack on another country is -- to the extent we’re not numb -- profoundly upsetting. Tanked up with talking ...134 comments 128 Recs
- It's been about a week ... enough time to cool down and take a more reasonable look at recent events. As Dark Helmet said in "Spaceballs", "There's an upside, and a downside ...". The upside was ...131 comments 105 Recs
- 312 comments 429 Recs
- The US government works closely with thousands of corporations to bring you everything from national security to the drivers of climate change. The connections between these entities are diverse ...299 comments 245 Recs
- For the purpose of this argument, I'm going to make a couple of baseline assumptions about the readers: You are intelligent, fair-minded, honest, and ethical. From there, I will try to define what ...11 comments 15 Recs
- 162 comments 283 Recs
- “...speaking truth to power is never without risk." Edward Snowden I often err in my writing in one way or another. I'm an emotional person and my writing reflects that...not always to my credit.824 comments 295 Recs
- President Obama paid a visit to Mexico at the beginning of May, and met with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto. They talked about narco-terrorism and immigration reform. Nothing much much will ...34 comments 19 Recs
- I'm a idealist. No apologies. Right is right. Wrong is wrong. I opposed the PATRIOT Act under Bush. I still oppose it. I opposed the invasions and occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan under Bush. ...367 comments 242 Recs
- I try not to go around picking fights or calling people names but sometimes you just have to call a war criminal a war criminal, a repressive regime a repressive regime or a fucking idiot a fucking ...1691 comments 927 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.