Someone shot the window out of the Democratic Headquarters in McComb last night. I don't care what your political views are, if you don't stand against this kind of thing, then it will only get worse.
I have been off for a little while. I call it overload, mental overload.
Yesterday I wrote about my own experiences from the free lunch system and how Arizona is planning to allow schools to opt out of it. Now here in Kansas we found a way to take food out of children's mouths a different way. Through the food stamp system.
While I sit here and twitch at the thought of having to wait to access my course syllabus for my paralegal classes that this community had so wonderfully helped me pay a down payment on, I would like to rewind to 2009 for a bit.
Faith is a tricky subject with me. See I would like to think I am a deep thinker but in all reality I am a flit. I flit from thing to thing, learning a bit of this and that and not an expert of anything. Blame my ADHD, or blame my Gemini nature, or what. My personal view, my beliefs would damn me to hell by some.....
So during the day when I sit at the computer I slog through the links to news stories not just here but my home page etc.
Tonight it hit me. My baby boy is going to school full time.
When I spoke to Sara R about the situation on Tuesday I did not relize I had spoken to someone who is a whirl wind of action. By 9:30 my time, she had ulookarmless and myself set up a sidewalk sale of little sketches I had done. I wanted to say thank you and muse in my amazement for a few moments.
This time of year makes me think of my grandparents. Specifically my grandmother. Though 6 years have flown by since her death I still listen for a phone to ring with her on the other end. When down I sometimes punch in her phone number without hitting send. In some way a food diary the other day set this memory off as much as the season.
For some reason the holidays finds members of my family passing away. My uncle passed the day after Christmas in 1993. It devastated my cousins, rightly so. I barely remember him and feel guilty that there are only two stories I can tell about him. I feel guilty that I can share with my cousin happy memories. My dog had died 3 days before my uncle. That summer before had both my grandfathers die a month apart. I had become numb by that Christmas.
My grandmother had all but raised me my first 24 years. She was my safe place. We would bicker once and a while, and once got so angry with each other we wasted a year not speaking to each other.
The pitter patter of the rain blends in with the droning sounds of the pre-game show of my husbands Steelers game tonight. The shrill sounds of my sons theme song blends in from the kids room. Yes my son has his own theme song he squeals. No words just the music. I am grateful of these sounds. Though not quiet it is much toned down from earlier. The male and female children fighting and squealing in the back seat of the car is enough to make me wish I could be the irresponsible driver and put in my cheap mp3 player's ear bugs (I know it buds is the correct term. Bugs is what my son has christened them).
I wanted to wait to write this so the diary list wouldn't be flooded. So I put a timer on it. To the secret donor I would like to thank you.
11:05 herald the half day kindergarteners release to their waiting parents. More parents wait for the little ones this year than years past. The half day is free but for the little ones to go full day either you have to be on free lunch or pay a fee.
Recommended by the mom in the middle
- I changed a few details of my story to protect my identity. A little over 20 years ago, I graduated from college with a technical degree. I looked for work for over a year and couldn’t find any ...69 comments 255 Recs
- You don't need me to tell you how it was on November 1, 1991, the day I spent most of an afternoon lying on my belly on the floor of an office in Van Allen Hall on the University of Iowa campus. At ...544 comments 271 Recs
- Just a short diary and a brief apology to all the north easterners. I had noted before to so many of you who were snowed that mother nature was giving you a leg up for some much needed workout. ...19 comments 20 Recs
- * New Day * - Comprehensive List of Kossack Groups Around the Nation. Check Here to Find Your Region:: COMMUNITY BUILDING UPDATES :: Let's build communities! Every region needs a meatspace community like SFKossacks . We take care of each other in real life. I urge ...39 comments 43 Recs
- If you've been following New Day or elsewhere, you know we're trying to setup our first meetup in Lawrence, Kansas at Free State Brewery, 7PM-As long as you want to stay on March 15, 2013. It's a ...9 comments 9 Recs
- As we approach the self-immolation known as "The Sequester," I find myself thinking about a woman in West Africa, asking people, "Would you like to buy a pen?" She was a middle-aged woman, wearing ...94 comments 417 Recs
- A few weeks ago, I posted a blog joining the cause of challenging all districts, in all fifty states. Well, part of that means that if I want to propose it, I have to back it. So, here I am, ...8 comments 15 Recs
- Location/Geography : Grand County, Moab, eastern Utah. Area: 76,358.98 acres; 119 square miles. Spotlight : This park setting has more arches than any other place on the planet! Ancient salt ...80 comments 81 Recs
- Last weekend's diary on Canyonlands National Park touched upon an important subject relating to its terrain and typical climate. Thus the subject title of today's diary. For those who ...85 comments 86 Recs
- Desiline Victor made two trips and had to stand in line for hours before she could vote. At 102 years of age. She was honored on Tuesday during the State of the Union address for her determination ...198 comments 412 Recs
the mom in the middle's Tags
the mom in the middle's Blogroll
- No current results.