I withdrew from politics and all that went with it. I quit checking Dailykos 18 times a day. I did not read talkingpointsmemo anymore. I played with my kids, continued to work hard and went through life humming a "i'm not going to pay attention to W leading us to hell in a handbasket" tune.
OR, is the prosecutor someone who believes the law is the law and those that violate it should be prosecuted with the full force and resources that the government can muster and that if convicted should be sentenced without mercy?
It appears that Mr. Fitzgerald is a prosecutor that strikes fear in the hearts of criminal defendants and heartburn for criminal defense lawyers.
More, after the flip.
It is not enough that husbands and wives, and mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers are dying every day for a war based on a lie.
It is not enough that this war in Iraq has made us less safe, not more.
No, on top of all that and more, we, the taxpayers, have been robbed of about a BILLION dollars.
From the Mercury News
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraqi investigators have uncovered widespread fraud and waste in more than $1 billion worth of weapons deals arranged by middlemen who reneged or took huge kickbacks on contracts to arm Iraq's fledgling military, according to a confidential report and interviews with U.S. and Iraqi officials.
The Iraqi Board of Supreme Audit, in a report reviewed by Knight Ridder, describes transactions suggesting that senior U.S.-appointed Iraqi officials in the Defense Ministry used three intermediary companies to hide the kickbacks they received from contracts involving unnecessary, overpriced or outdated equipment.
More after the flip.
We'll have to wait and see if Abramoff, like most people indicted in federal court starts singing like a bird.
This could be the beginning of a very slippery slope of trouble for many connected to Abramoff.
When the powers of the criminal arm of the U.S. Department of Justice are on top of you, most people would sell out their mother.
The story from the Miami Herald after the jump.
Like many cases where I was unfamiliar with the science, I began my investigation with an open mind, simply to find out whether or not there was a connection between thimerosal autism.
What I found was more disturbing than I could imagine.
The rest of the story, after the break.
I really believe in the concept of due process, even for terrorists.
Now, others in power are having some serious doubts.
More after the break.
I wonder how many of these scams Mr. Giuliani has engaged in around the country.
From the State in Columbia South Carolina:
Rep. Tracy Edge , R-Horry, chairman of the health and human services budget subcommittee, said he was "disappointed" to learn the former New York City mayor had charged the association $100,000 to speak.
But there is more from Rudy's fellow repub after the break.
Attorney General Phill Kline, THE chief law enforcement officer for the State of Kansas, has decided that he wants ALL the private medical files maintained by physicians in Kansas that contain information on women who have had certain types of abortion procedures.
The NYT has the story.
Why? Because someone, MAY have committed a crime. Who? He doesn't know. It's like pornography. He'll know it when he sees it.
That describes Albert Witherspoon a local homeless legend, pest, enigma or hero of the GOP (he is a true self-starter).
Albert has no legs. He has no home. He has a wheelchair that is falling apart, but he has his dignity.
He also has a police-issued violation charging him with breaking the law. His offense? Operating a business without a proper city business license. It might cost him $762.50 if found guilty.
More after the break.
True to form, this style over substance senator, further downgraded America's status in the world view by tell a staffer that was taking pictures of Frist at the scene to "get some devastation in the back".
That's right. Get some money shots so when i go home, i can archive 'em and use them in my Frist for White House ads.
This is the same guy, that happens to be leading our Senate right now, and due to a lack of intelligent voting for the past 2 election cycles, is leading the U.S. Senate in setting the agenda for our country for who knows how many years.
What else can we say about our boy Dr. Frist?
But, I wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2004 is almost gone...thank God. It was a strange, wild, and emotional year.
2004 certainly brought us some tough times:
1. Reelection of GWB
2. Deterioration of conditions in Iraq
3. Losing friends family in Iraq
4. GWB policies alienated us from the
5. GWB alienating us from the rest of the
6. Hurricanes in Florida
7. Tsunami disaster
8. MSM thinking that reciting GOP talking
points is fair/balanced
9. Rich got richer and the poor got poorer
As an aside, as a South Carolinian, I must say I am deeply saddened that we have sent Jim DeMint to replace Fritz. God help us.
A teaser below the break and here is the link:
Recommended by tlaw
- I told her in the summer of 2005, when she first suspected that something was very wrong; that if it was, God forbid, cancer - we would deal with it, and we would deal with it together. Her ...698 comments 1422 Recs
- Say what you will about Dana Milbank, he has his moments. His column in today's [http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/22/AR2008102203511.html?hpid%3Dopinionsbox1&sub=AR ...286 comments 618 Recs
- First the good news, and there's a bit of it. Some changes are coming to Casa Pastor: on November 2nd, I expect to be called as the permanent, or "settled," pastor of our little church. Early next ...248 comments 1131 Recs
- Before they were washed up, I “palled around with some terrorists,” including Weather Underground leader David Gilbert, a close friend and comrade of Bernadine Dorhn and Bill Ayers, ...338 comments 784 Recs
- Apparently now that palin has been all but restricted from calling Barack Obama a TERRORIST, she's decided to go with the meme of baby ...30 comments 36 Recs
- Update : Be sure to see Part 2 ! [x-posted ...1367 comments 1459 Recs
- I came across this speech tonight and it just really got me going. It picked me back up and put some fight back into me. This is AFL-CIO's Richard Trumka talking about racism and voting for Obama. It'440 comments 1577 Recs
- I don't know if I'm alone on this, but the last 2-3 days have exhausted me. I'm sick of the ...230 comments 496 Recs
- The first rule of American Politics, Don't Fuck with the New York Times On Sunday, in an ...525 comments 893 Recs
- Sometimes a picture says more than a 1,000 words.219 comments 660 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.