Daily Kos memberGive a gift subscription to this user
Just like John Kerry, Russ Feingold was one of only 14 senators to oppose the Defense of Marriage Act signed into law by President Clinton in 1996. Unlike Senator Kerry, Russ Feingold represents a very purple state. Opposing this bill was a very courageous move on his part. Russ Feingold has also been a strong critic of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy regarding gays in the military - not because the policy goes too far, but because it does not go far enough. As is the case when being asked about his presidential ambitions, Russ Feingold has been noticeably evasive when asked about his specific position on gay marriage - until today.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Recommended by whodat527
- Not that you didn't already know that. But wow, could he be any more of a concern troll, echoing the inside-the-Beltway diagnosis that "what's wrong with the Democrats is that they overreached?" Here'31 comments 21 Recs
- People who support the latest version of the health care reform bill can't understand why progressives have been flipping out over the public option. By the end, it was so compromised that it ...605 comments 629 Recs
- You only need 51 senators to pass a bill through reconciliation. But theoretically the main problem with reconciliation is that it can only be used for legislation that affects the budget. So, a ...627 comments 965 Recs
- Obama will do nothing we want unless we force his hand. And if we can't force his hand, we need to replace him. How do we do that? We challenge him in 2012, and we start now. It's a win-win ...292 comments 19 Recs
- Health-care bill needs major improvement to be worth passing By Howard Dean* If I were ...681 comments 670 Recs
- Here's an interesting report , and it's about the White House lashing out at Dr. ...1592 comments 1022 Recs
- There could not be a finer line between the words compromise and compromised and tonight, with the greatest possible reluctance, I believe I have to go on the air and state my ...1103 comments 975 Recs
- When I heard the news last night, it was an emotional punch to the gut for me and I still feel winded from it. I've been working so hard with all my heart in the past seven months for a public ...994 comments 581 Recs
- Right now, ten Senators - five progressives and five conservative Democrats - are locked in a room looking for a deal on the health care bill. One Senator is standing in the way: Joe Lieberman. ...128 comments 109 Recs
- There's talk of cutting out the entire conference process in order for the Senate to finish their bill by Christmas. This is highly likely given the tight timeframe,354 comments 347 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.