The impetus for this ramble/screed is a piece I read this morning in favor of action in Syria. The Dilemma of Syria In this piece Bill Tammeus compares the current crisis to Munich. It is a little off the mark in my view. Using his essay as a jumping off point, I ramble on below the fold.
This short diary is meant to inform those who followed the posts of Dave Smith, who went by the username, Translator, on DKos, that Dave has died. I don't know too many details, but understand that either yesterday or the day before he took his own life with one of his many guns. A little more will follow after the orange dingbat.
I have to admit, being an American with ingrained American attitudes, that I have been surprised at the number of apologists for Russia and the South Ossetians among our Daily Kos brethren. I have commented in several diaries seeking for links/evidence to back the various claims people have been making.
I found the following story in the print version of the Washington Post, which a had a link to the source: Serving Lt. Colonel in Army Rips Flag-Level Officers. Since then, I've noticed a reference to it on CNN.
This article, by Lt. Colonel Paul Yingling, essentially lambasts his superior officers for what he sees as their failure to serve the country's best interests by a) failing to anticipate the next war and b) telling those in the civilian chain of command what they wanted to hear rather than what they needed to hear.
The entire email is below:
and LA Times
show that Rove is skating on very thin ice.
Recommended by zircon the twisted
- Perhaps the seminal figure in the right-wing donor network has untreatable cancer. Richard Mellon Scaife's involvement with the politics of smear and division dates back to the Nixon era. We should ...185 comments 202 Recs
- One of the key events that precipitated the demonstrations in Ukraine that eventually led to the ouster of President Yanukovych was his cancellation of an association agreement with the EU which ...89 comments 40 Recs
- I use the following definition of tipping point [Physics] The point at which an object is no longer balanced, and adding a small amount of weight can cause it to topple. As Gail Collins notes ...125 comments 236 Recs
- I have discovered a conservative/Ayn Rand type blog post about the Baker's Union and the reasoning for the strike. "Did the Baker's Union Go Galt?" by Peter Ingemi, a right wing radio host, actually ...54 comments 174 Recs
- 18 comments 21 Recs
- No, I don't know what he's doing. Don't read this for some sort of revelation. This is just about what I've seen in him, as a blogger here who has paid a fair amount of attention to him over the ...164 comments 165 Recs
- DailyKos is a rather brutal place for Hillary supporters. Many on this site believe that we are anything from deluded or foolish, to insane, to outright evil. The right rail of diaries is typically ...166 comments 36 Recs
zircon the twisted's Tags
- No current results.
zircon the twisted's Blogroll
- No current results.