View Diary: Is someone now trying to convince me that this farce was deliberate? (795 comments)

•  lol (11+ / 0-)

You got that one bookmarked.

Good for you.

That comment has about as much value now as it did then. Zero.

As is typical for you when you get called on your crap, you make it about someone else.

By dragging shit from another diary into this one, no less.

by DeadHead on Tue Sep 10, 2013 at 04:10:39 PM PDT

•  Lots of observation & thought went into my comment (4+ / 0-)

You step too quickly on other people's toes, and you hurt strangers. After that argument, Kossacks I didn't know were kosmailing me, thanking me for telling you their truth.

That said, there was too much anger and personal attack in my two tirades.

raptavio often makes good points. But it seems to me more vindictive than helpful, to be dragging around an explosion from three weeks ago, just to beat you with.

If you make mistakes today, people should call you on those, not on last month's.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth" Samuel Johnson

by Brecht on Tue Sep 10, 2013 at 07:04:09 PM PDT

•  The thing is, Brecht, (0+ / 0-)

that everything you said then remains true now.

"Much of movement conservatism is a con and the base is the marks." -- Chris Hayes

by raptavio on Tue Sep 10, 2013 at 07:34:15 PM PDT

•  I got the impression DeadHead had calmed down some (1+ / 0-)
          Free Jazz at High Noon

but that's mostly inferring, from not seeing him in fights. Which might be more because I've been avoiding them.

Shouldn't you just call him on bullshit when you see it; or, if he's way over the line, send it to an admin?

I do respect the way you'll call out people you agree with when they get too het up. I hope that DeadHead has people who support his politics, but will point out to him when he gets too insulting or off-topic.

Just my 2¢

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth" Samuel Johnson

by Brecht on Tue Sep 10, 2013 at 07:45:40 PM PDT

•  To my knowledge (1+ / 0-)
            Free Jazz at High Noon

there's been no change.

by raptavio on Tue Sep 10, 2013 at 07:47:21 PM PDT

•  2¢ isn't much change, but it isn't 'no change'. (2+ / 0-)
              raptavio, Brecht

Sorry, I had to say it.

Carry on gentlemen.

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense. Carl Sagan

by sjburnman on Tue Sep 10, 2013 at 07:57:57 PM PDT

•  I've no idea how many elbows and slight shoves are (1+ / 0-)
              Brit

being thrown, but there are only occasional outright fowls. I know, most Kossacks get approximately zero HRs. But DeadHead does stay in the game a lot and, when he sees a scrum, he'll jump in it.

In the last month, DH has made about 1400 comments (more than most Kossacks make in a year). He's gotten several thousand recs, and 10 HRs: 6 of those HRs were in the first 10 days; only 4 were in the last 20 days.

So he's either calmed down a bit, or gotten better at gameplaying. It's possible that he's more temperate but, after months of getting exasperated with him, you now notice every infraction.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth" Samuel Johnson

by Brecht on Tue Sep 10, 2013 at 08:13:42 PM PDT

•  Simply put Brecht (1+ / 0-)
                GoGoGoEverton

I want him to not engage with me. (So do several other Kossacks.)

He never engages with me except to snipe. He never engages with several other Kossacks except to snipe. And until he discovered several of us were keeping count and he realized what that meant could happen to him if the admins saw that, he did it approximately daily, sometimes more often.

So... no, I don't notice every infraction. I do not give him any attention unless he's going after me in particular. Only then.

by raptavio on Tue Sep 10, 2013 at 08:18:00 PM PDT

•  Well, since we're drilling down into the (6+ / 0-)

numbers...

My comment count, and the reasons for my being in a situation that allows me to post that number of comments, are really no one's business, but I'll give you a hint as to the cause of my increased activity. Three letters:

NSA.

I care a lot about the issue, and have been quite active in those diaries.

I'll note my "1400" comments in one month isn't that far behind raptavio's 1037, now is it?

Of those 10 HRs of mine, how many of them were actually HRable?

I've had several tossed at me in retaliation, and on the flimsiest of pretenses. Like when I got HRed for calling someone an apologist. Or when I got HRed for using the word "butthurt." Or when I called someone a "derp." Or when I was badgered by GGGE to the point where I called him, GASP, a jackass.

A few were flat out HR abuse, which I have documented.

So if you're going to put me under a microscope, please include some context.

Thanks.

by DeadHead on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 01:54:27 AM PDT

•  He's gotten 'better'. (1+ / 0-)
                Yoshimi

I've complimented him before on how good he is at trolling. The most recent tactic is to be very careful with his pronouns and sentence structure, so that he can claim he's calling COMMENTS 'asshole', 'dick', etc and not the actual user.

Very clever...he's clearly a professional.

While you dream of Utopia, we're here on Earth, getting things done.

by GoGoGoEverton on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 06:05:51 AM PDT

•  Of course (2+ / 0-)
              JesseCW, triv33

I wouldn't expect you to notice it. Doing so might weaken the caricature of me you're carefully cultivating, because you'd prefer to keep as an adversary someone who points out your own inconsistencies. I get that, and don't blame you for it, I guess, though that isn't my preferred method of handling irritating commenters.

I prefer snide mockery, as you are well aware.

by DeadHead on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 01:25:52 AM PDT

•  You want to shatter the caricature? (0+ / 0-)

Easy. Post to me for some reason other than to attack me.

You failed to do that at all last month in over 20 posts. You've failed to do that so far this month.

I won't reply, because I hold you in total contempt, but at least you'll prove me wrong.

So far, all you do is prove me right.

by raptavio on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 06:05:59 AM PDT

•  Actually (0+ / 0-)

I'm not interested.

If you won't be intellectually honest enough to admit your own less-than-stellar behavior, then I don't consider you to be operating in good faith.

I call them as I see them. Feel free to do the same to me.

If whatever comment I post to you is out of line, or you can refute it, please do so without trying to deflect.

Thanks.

by DeadHead on Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 02:50:57 AM PDT

•  Deaaaad Threaaaading. (0+ / 0-)

I do call them as I see them.

How I see them is that nothing you have to say is of value.

Go have yourself the last word, which will be tomorrow morning, I'm sure.

End of line.

by raptavio on Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 05:48:43 AM PDT

•  I missed that epic subthread (2+ / 0-)
              raptavio, Brecht

and as one who seriously digs what Deadhead, Brecht, and (you) raptavio brings to the convo here.. well I enjoyed reading this.

Tired of the HS cafeteria drama, though (speaking in the abstract) here.

I engage, and doubtless will again. I'm not about "Kumbaya" but I am about

Karma wails, brothers and sisters. Just a reminder.

•  You got that impression (1+ / 0-)
            churchylafemme

Because I have "calmed down," though that won't ever be acknowledged by certain people, and I really don't expect it to be.

And really, I'm not any more involved in "fights" than any number of other people, so I feel no need to explain my participation in contentious threads.

by DeadHead on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 01:15:02 AM PDT

•  I know that you put a lot of time into it. (2+ / 0-)
        JesseCW, triv33

And had it been done differently, I might've reacted differently.

When I woke up the next day and had some additional context called to my attention, I reacted even more strongly, as you recall.

The comment became, as I anticipated, a bash fest.

The people you had kosmailing you are cowards, as far as I'm concerned. Since I do not know their names, I can only speculate about the reasons why they were praising you for "saying what needed to be said," and I have no ability to contest whatever gripes they had with me. If you didn't know them, I can't help but wonder if they were newer members here, considering you've been around for awhile.

So they get to hide behind the privacy of kosmail to praise you for your comment, but I was not afforded the same courtesy in the first place.

And now we have raptavio using it as a cheap shot to deflect criticism of his own behavior away from himself.

All in all, it did more damage than good, but I actually don't hold a grudge against you for it. I've tipped a few of your comments since then and have noticed your fairness in other disputes.

So if raptavio will let us, I'd like to move on.

by DeadHead on Wed Sep 11, 2013 at 02:34:38 AM PDT