View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: 7/29 (135 comments)

•  But that's bizarre (1+ / 0-)
    tietack

This just isn't something that would upset teabaggers.  Some of his votes and positions already upset them enough that this video would be nothing.  Evangelicals and other right-wingers hate gays, but there just aren't enough of them in Massachusetts to matter.  There really isn't a prospect of a primary challenge at all, and if one emerged there's no way this video would help a challenger even in a GOP primary, not with so much else that voters care about.

Again, this is a state with gay marriage, where the citizenry are OK with it.  A video to help bullied gay kids is far less controversial than that.

43, male, Indian-American, married and proud father of a girl and a boy, Democrat, VA-10

by DCCyclone on Sat Jul 30, 2011 at 08:49:51 AM PDT

•  Which suggests that Brown wants to be considered (1+ / 0-)
      MichaelNY

for VP in '12 -- I could definitely see a Perry-Brown ticket happening (don't know the MA law on running for multiple offices).

"I hope; therefore, I can live."
      For SSP users, see my Tips for Swingnuts diary

by tietack on Sat Jul 30, 2011 at 09:02:21 AM PDT

•  That sounds like (3+ / 0-)
        DCCyclone, MichaelNY, jncca

something that would sink his chances of getting reelected, fast. His only chance is to detach himself as much as possible from the Republican candidate.

19, Chairman DKE Gay Caucus, male, Dem, (College IN-09) (Raised IL-03, IL-09) Tammy Baldwin for Senate!

by ndrwmls10 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 at 11:42:15 AM PDT

•  Unless he's seeing some sort of (1+ / 0-)
          MichaelNY

internal polling that shows him a weaker position. I don't think he's worrying about being the VP nominee. He's going to be in the fight of his life, just to get reelected.

by ndrwmls10 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 at 11:44:19 AM PDT

•  Yup, it's far-fetched, & hands us the seat (2+ / 0-)
          NMLib, MichaelNY

Assuming MA allows a Senator to be on the ballot in both places (Delaware did last time), those MA voters who like Brown won't vote for his reelection if he's on the ticket with the Republican Presidential nominee...he'll lose twice.

I don't think it's realistic that Brown is contemplating being anyone's running mate.

And Perry would never choose him!  He's a ruby red wingnut, he'll pick a fellow wingnut.  Picking Brown wouldn't help him with the middle, it would hurt him with the right, and it would kill Brown in his own state.

by DCCyclone on Sat Jul 30, 2011 at 11:48:15 AM PDT

•  Remember, Perry and Giuliani are BFFs (0+ / 0-)

I don't think Perry wants to be seen as that far right. I think Rudy would be Perry's first choice, but don't think Rudy would want to play second fiddle to anyone.

If Scott Brown gets a credible opponent, and unemployment is above 9% by convention time '12, I think Brown could see VP as a better shot than re-election to the Senate.

"I hope; therefore, I can live."
            For SSP users, see my Tips for Swingnuts diary