View Diary: Don't Mourn, ORGANIZE! (179 comments)

•  Ha! (1+ / 0-)
    rasfrome

I have to laugh at someone who is continuing to believe we can fix the Democrats writing a diary using my fellow workers mantra.  lol   Funny slink.

Everyone ready to join me in the fight yet?  No, ok, go back to working on those Democrats.  I will be waiting for you when you realize it isn't going to help.  :P

Repeat after me....."The working class and the employing class have nothing in common. There can be no peace so long as hunger and want are found among millions of the working people and the few, who make up the employing class, have all the good things of life."

I'd rather die than give you control ~ Trent Reznor

by JustJennifer on Mon Aug 01, 2011 at 09:03:00 AM PDT

•  I guess I misread the diary. I thought she was (1+ / 0-)
      slinkerwink

asking to organize in a last ditch effort to kill this monstrousity. I'd like a list of names to target for opposing the bill. I'd include possible yes votes from TeaBagger pukes to call.

•  Click on the graphic, and you'll be (0+ / 0-)

taken to the FB page that provides that.

I work with B2B PAC, and all views and opinions in this account are my own.

by slinkerwink on Mon Aug 01, 2011 at 09:10:45 AM PDT

•  Oh I see (0+ / 0-)

So killing this bill will fix our problems?  I wasn't aware of that.

I was just giving her a bit of a ribbing.  I appreciate that she has her way of trying to work on the class divide problem.  We may disagree on tactics but the ultimate goal is the emancipation of the working class from our Corporatist government.  I just have more aggressive tactics.

I'd rather die than give you control ~ Trent Reznor

by JustJennifer on Mon Aug 01, 2011 at 09:22:58 AM PDT

•  Supporting the death of the Democratic Party (1+ / 0-)
          wishingwell

by supporting this bill is passive acceptance. Unless your aggressive tactics included our demise as an end goal.

•  No that is their end goal (1+ / 0-)
            anagram

That is kind of my point.  The Democrats are not our friends.  I am not sure how much more apparent this has to be before people realize the real fight is with the working class not against a few Democrats.

People are what is going to pull us out of this mess.  Not Congress.

Yeah, yeah I know Slink's diary is about killing this bill.  But if she didn't want a Wobbly coming in and commenting she probably shouldn't have used our rallying cry for action as the title for her diary.  Just saying!  I couldn't resist.

I'd rather die than give you control ~ Trent Reznor

by JustJennifer on Mon Aug 01, 2011 at 09:34:55 AM PDT

•  Unless and until you have a better alternative, (0+ / 0-)

and I'm all ears and more than willing to make the jump now though I wouldn't have said that prior to this Administration, then the best hope we have is to force the Dems hand. No, they're certainly no longer our friends.

•  If you want better alternatives (0+ / 0-)

Take a look around you.  I can't think of a better example of what should really be happening right this very second than to tell you read the news about Israel today.  ISRAEL!  A fairly conservative nation.  3% of their population protesting right now.  Solidarity strikes happening everywhere.

Phone bombing from the comfort of your own home is beyond a waste of time.  They don't care.  The only thing that gets people's attention is to look out their window or turn on the news and see mass amounts of people gathering and saying "ENOUGH"  Until that happens we are doomed.

I'd rather die than give you control ~ Trent Reznor

by JustJennifer on Mon Aug 01, 2011 at 09:48:50 AM PDT

•  You are talking about a country, Israel, (0+ / 0-)

where the public is much more attuned to policy and politics than the U.S. After living with 10 years of the policies that are being put into place today, then yeah, you'll probably see people in streets. I'm not willing to just sit and wait for that day without trying to do something proactive even if I fail.

•  Yeah, I hear ya (0+ / 0-)

It will be an uphill battle here to get people to mobilize.  I am aware of this.   But I guess my point is we are going to have to start thinking of real long term solutions instead of running around putting tiny Hello Kitty bandaids on the gaping knife wounds.   We are being far too nice to the people who are shoving us under the water.

(note:  I do not advocate using violence.  My thing is we gather and insist that things change.  Or a nice general strike would work too.)

I'd rather die than give you control ~ Trent Reznor

by JustJennifer on Mon Aug 01, 2011 at 10:04:56 AM PDT

•  working class and employing class have tons in com (1+ / 0-)
      slinkerwink

mon. Most of my work has been incentive based, and my employers had been more like partners.  in some places in the u.s. employers use the term partner for their staff.

it's not a hard mold to break.

you can get 3x more out of someone when they both feel they have a stake or actually have stake in what they are doing.

I like this Lean Forward campaign - renaissance is around corner

by rasfrome on Mon Aug 01, 2011 at 09:12:17 AM PDT

•  I believe that is called (2+ / 0-)
        rasfrome, SLKRR

a cooperative?  Are the workers equal owners?  Do they have control over the means of production?

Your last statement is true, which is why I believe the working class has to control their own production and not be workers for a boss.   Everyone works harder when they feel like they have a stake in what happens, and everyone gets pissed off if they are continually abused by a unfeeling Corporatist boss.

I'd rather die than give you control ~ Trent Reznor

by JustJennifer on Mon Aug 01, 2011 at 09:25:31 AM PDT

•  can also be called capitalism (0+ / 0-)

the stake doesn't have to be ownership.  it's just a share of the reward.  it happens in all the best work that I have done.  the owners could can you if they felt like it, but i have never actually met an owner of the greed mold.  I've only met owners who are happy to pay well for on time high quality work.  and generally their first complaint is they can't find more people like that.  the asshole bosses are out there, and the corporatists are dealing at an impersonal level.

I like this Lean Forward campaign - renaissance is around corner