View Diary: The Fight Was Lost When Obama Was In Law School? (217 comments)

•  Exactly! (2+ / 0-)

BO was a loser from the start.

Some of you have pointed it out over the years. Now finally people are starting to believe you.

I predict a Republican sweep in 2012.

Does anyone know what Ralph Nader is up to these days?

you just can not pretend like spitting in the face of some progress, because it is 'not enough ' is going to get you more progress

by missliberties on Wed Aug 03, 2011 at 10:21:23 AM PDT

•  Being St Nader the Loser (0+ / 0-)

If you're pining your hopes on Mr 1% for 2012, then good luck with that.

NeoCons' view on torture: if it's good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for anyone!

by clone12 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 at 10:26:03 AM PDT

•  Just face facts (2+ / 0-)

Obama is not going to win re-election.

The Republicans will sweep the house on the Senate. And the next several Supreme Court Justice will all be Republican appointees.

by missliberties on Wed Aug 03, 2011 at 10:31:00 AM PDT

•  Defeatist, anyone? (2+ / 0-)
          Fe Bongolan, Statusquomustgo

Pull yourself together, MissLiberties.

Remember what RFK said:

There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

Never give up the fight!

Some people fight fire with fire. Professionals use water.

by Happy Days on Wed Aug 03, 2011 at 10:48:10 AM PDT

•  I've been gone a while, but... (1+ / 0-)
          cville townie

... am I the only one here whose snark detector is going off? Unless something dramatic changed in the last few weeks (entirely possible), I don't think these are missliberties' sincerely held views.

(-5.88, -6.46) Democracy is what happens between elections.

by autoegocrat on Wed Aug 03, 2011 at 11:07:52 AM PDT

•  self defeat is burning is the spark (2+ / 0-)
            autoegocrat, peterborocanuck

that is catching and  it is spreading like wildfire. Am I fanning the flames. Yes. To show what burning down the house leads to.

The assessment of these folks what they believe. It a contagious virus and I don't see it ending any time soon, do you?

by missliberties on Wed Aug 03, 2011 at 11:25:12 AM PDT

•  A long time ago, in a land far away... (2+ / 0-)
              smileycreek, cville townie

... I used to rec your comments and you used to rec mine.

Ever since Obama's second year in office, we've been drifting apart in opinion. I used to be called an Obamabot, and these days I usually get treated with either the "rainbows and ponies" argument or the separation of powers line when I make criticisms of this administration.

A large part of the reason I haven't been on Daily Kos in the last year or so is because I don't want to be a part of this particular pie fight. It seems like it never ends, and a year later, I still don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I've seen people I respect and admire turn into bitter enemies over this administration, to the point that I doubt they will ever reconcile. I don't want to get into that fight with someone like you, because to me, even if I won the argument I would lose too much for it to be worth it.

If there's anything I see that's self-defeating here, it's neither the people who are ready to primary the first black president in history nor is it the people who will defend the first Democratic president to preemptively offer up cuts to flagship Democratic programs like Social Security and Medicare.

What is defeating us is the fact that we're so wrapped up in this essentially irrelevant binary argument about Obama that it consumes all our energy. Right now, I don't give a hot damn whether Obama is a middling hero or a well-meaning nerd. That is a debate for the historians, and it has absolutely no bearing on my life or anyone else's right now. To me, this isn't about him, it's about me, the people I love and care about, and the struggles we all face together.

If you're looking to renew the spark, there it is right there. Quit getting dragged into this unproductive debate about Obama. Let him sink or swim on his own merits. We've got better things to worry about on Daily Kos right now.

(-5.88, -6.46) Democracy is what happens between elections.

by autoegocrat on Wed Aug 03, 2011 at 02:05:35 PM PDT

•  Nader has better ideas and principles than Obama. (4+ / 0-)

Or most modern day Democrats.

As far as I can see.

Can someone just say that here?

Yeah, arrogant and a poor team player, yada yam yammer.

Like the beltway bunch arent rife with flaws and foolishness.

But there is a distinction with a big difference: Those fools on the Hill (in WH, etc) lack his ability to say what is and what should be done about that awful IS, policywise, in a way that is both intelligent and ethical.

Should a "progressive" Dem blog dwell in the safe zones of a lame party, or should it drive a lame party to break out? If it cant, should it break out?

by NYCee on Wed Aug 03, 2011 at 10:54:41 AM PDT

•  Exactly (0+ / 0-)

Obama had better principles too. Until he had to govern the country.

Unfortunately Ralph Nader (whose run was funded by the GOP) never won a victory and never had the chance to prove to us how he would have governed. I predict Ralph would have sold out once in office just like Obama has become the caver in chief.

by missliberties on Wed Aug 03, 2011 at 11:01:58 AM PDT

•  Exactly! NOT. (2+ / 0-)
            skayne, cville townie

I never found the twain to meet between Obama's intellect and Nader's. With Nader I learn and am stimulated. With Obama, its like watching the clothes go around in the machine: Dull, predictable, and mechanical - spin, spin, spin.

Dont get me wrong! I'm not knocking washing machines! They do clean my clothes and save me the toil.

It's just that whenever I strike up a conversation, they arent all that scintillating.

by NYCee on Wed Aug 03, 2011 at 11:22:28 AM PDT

•  It's Easy to Have Principles as a Loser (0+ / 0-)

Yes, St. Nader the hypothetical president, whose face should be on the virtual Mt Rushmore.

by clone12 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 at 10:59:38 AM PDT

• Recommended (128)
  • Community (64)
  • Elections (24)
  • Environment (23)
  • Media (23)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Culture (22)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Law (21)
  • Science (21)
  • Josh Duggar (20)
  • Labor (18)
  • Economy (17)
  • Bernie Sanders (16)
  • Marriage Equality (16)
  • Ireland (16)
  • Hillary Clinton (15)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Climate Change (15)
  • Rescued (15)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site