Skip to main content

View Diary: Mitch McConnell takes a permanent hostage: the debt ceiling (111 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  I don't believe that. (0+ / 0-)

    The filibuster has worked extremelly well for them since 2010 so I can't see them risking not having it when they lose power, again.  These things happen.

    "Put on your high-heeled sneakers/it's Party time" - Steely Dan.

    by rainmanjr on Wed Aug 03, 2011 at 07:57:15 PM PDT

    [ Parent ]

    •  They may not have to anyway (2+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:
      Pescadero Bill, apimomfan2

      since Dems are notoriously weak when it comes to using the filibuster.

      •  they never use filibuster (2+ / 0-)
        Recommended by:
        apimomfan2, blueoasis

        when was the the last time the democrats use it? When was the last time they even threatened to use it?
        They always say "We want to keep our powder dry."
        Give me a break they (democrats in the senete) are a jok

        Ah, the American dream...It is yet another myth perpetuated by the top 1% to make the the rest 99%, slave for them, to make their dreams come true.

        by brown american on Wed Aug 03, 2011 at 08:10:22 PM PDT

        [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site