View Diary: How Some Democrats Enabled Failure and Shoved it Down Our Throat (89 comments)

•  I get it fine (1+ / 0-)
    Brit

You want to ridicule people and then attack them again...for paying attention to the ridicule. That is nonsense.

I'm finding a lot of things funny lately. But I don't think they are. -- Ripley

by tytalus on Thu Aug 04, 2011 at 09:56:27 AM PDT

•  Nope. (0+ / 0-)

The way I said it is not an effective argument.

Pro Life??? Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers!- George Carlin

by priceman on Thu Aug 04, 2011 at 09:59:57 AM PDT

•  As boadicea put it (1+ / 0-)
        Brit
        Count up how many people you actually persuade with this diary-I'll be interested to find out.

I'm finding a lot of things funny lately. But I don't think they are. -- Ripley

by tytalus on Thu Aug 04, 2011 at 10:18:04 AM PDT

•  His false equivalence failed miserably (1+ / 0-)
          Marie

If being nice worked, John Kerry would be president. the banks would regulate themselves and we'd all have a merry Christmas.

by priceman on Thu Aug 04, 2011 at 10:24:12 AM PDT

•  Ok, count = zero (1+ / 0-)
            Brit

Diversion tactic noted.  :)

I'm finding a lot of things funny lately. But I don't think they are. -- Ripley

by tytalus on Thu Aug 04, 2011 at 10:32:24 AM PDT

•  No diversion here (0+ / 0-)

We aren't influencing very many people at all online, but perhaps you should study someone who knows a thing or two about influence named Drew Westen.

Speaking what you believe however harshly is much more influential than party loyalty at all costs. At least for someone who knows anything about influence whatsoever.

Your snide account just comes from an overemotional visceral predetermined reaction. I have plenty of substance to back this diary up like that one.

by priceman on Thu Aug 04, 2011 at 10:44:12 AM PDT

•  Oh no! (0+ / 0-)

'an overemotional visceral predetermined reaction'. Go on, tell me more about what I think.  :)  I suggest doing so without further recourse to false dilemmas.

The point remains, and is reinforced by your insistence. It is nonsense to attack people for paying attention to your ridicule. Especially when you want them to do so, as these posts have made clear.

I'm finding a lot of things funny lately. But I don't think they are. -- Ripley