View Diary: Massive Protests Rocking Israel as Over 300,000 (4% Population) Angrily March | Analysis & LiveBlog (231 comments)

•  Agree with you this is nothing like the Arab Sprng (4+ / 0-)
    elwior, Mindmover, Dallasdoc, highacidity

I'm not actually pining for more coverage, I'm simply surprised it's not off-the-wall given the type of focus American media like to give Israel.

As you point out, though, articles are being written.

I'm "THE" Troubadour," and not "Troubadour" without the article. We're different people here at DK :)

by David Harris Gershon on Sat Aug 06, 2011 at 10:53:50 AM PDT

•  I addressed this elsewhere, but... (3+ / 0-)
      elwior, charliehall2, JayinPortland

I find it more disappointing to see the mentality that somehow the truth is being withheld, as if nothing occurs in the world without complicity.

If one reads the press, there is never a shortage of anti-Israel commentary that far exceeds positive coverage.  In some instances it crosses impermissible lines.  If one looks solely to Israeli behavior, painted in black and white terms, it is impossible to understand the context in which it occurs.

Hope you understand what I said, but if not, it may not be my inarticulation, but your predisposition.

by citizen53 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 at 11:26:47 AM PDT

•  This isn't about Israel. (10+ / 0-)

This is being withheld because it doesn't fit the right-wing narrative.  There are stories about the "Arab Spring" which are likewise being withheld.  There are stories about Greece and Spain which are likewise being withheld.

There is a systematic bias in US reporting against anything indicative of socialist uprising or potential socialist uprising, to be very blunt.  This has nothing to do with any biases for or against Israel or any policies of Israel.

Even in Europe there seems to be some suppression of honest reporting about what's going on on the ground in Greece (collapse of governmental functions entirely) -- I suppose they're just afraid to admit it.

Read pp. 1-7 of Krugman's _The Great Unraveling_ (available from Google Books). NOW.

by neroden on Sat Aug 06, 2011 at 01:37:52 PM PDT

•  Sorry, not buying. (1+ / 0-)
          charliehall2

If anyone wants to look, all of this information is available.

Why are people so in need of spoon feeding?

Many would not read about these stories anyway.  One must care in the first place.

by citizen53 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 at 01:42:01 PM PDT

•  Maybe you're selling? (3+ / 0-)
            zinger99, PeterHug, highacidity

If you don't recognize by now that the corporate media is a massive disinfo project then there's no hope for you.  If you do recognize it...well...

"It's not a question of worrying or of hoping for the best, but of finding new weapons." -- Gilles Deleuze, Postscript on Control Societies

by GiveNoQuarter on Sat Aug 06, 2011 at 02:48:45 PM PDT

•  Or maybe you are swallowing... (1+ / 0-)
              charliehall2

too much.  I understand plenty what media is about, and about what it is not, and do not believe that this is an earth shattering story that has been deliberately suppressed.  In fact, I think such a notion in this case is laughable.

I guess there is only hope for you!!

by citizen53 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 at 03:04:32 PM PDT