View Diary: Wisconsin wrap up, a real victory, and we fight on (323 comments)

•  Mohamed Bouazizi (11+ / 0-)

Thank you Wisconsin Dems!!! 2 wonderful victories and all that hard work rewarded!!! Who knows were this will lead us in the U.S. and Wisconsin Dems have put us on the path of decency! We are not so powerless that we riot or, sadly, self - immoluate. We stand up! I am reminded of the pizza's from egypt! Thank you again, one stone has sent out many ripples and our lives are impressed upon!! Thank you again for the doorknockin' and for all, from across the U.S., that phone banked and sent in$'s. I am also reminded of Paul Wellstone and his David versus Goliath victory!! That is what Democracy looks like!! Goodnight and sweet dreams becuase that is what I want all of you to have!!!!!

•  For additional laughs (11+ / 0-)

please remember that this only cost the Koch Brothers and other corporations a mere 50 million dollars!  To defend Republican seats in Republican districts!

Now that's what I, as a Democrat, say is bang for the buck.

This was people power vs. money.  I think we did damned good.

There already is class warfare in America. Unfortunately, the rich are winning.

by Puddytat on Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 11:47:58 PM PDT

•  How much did we spend? (2+ / 0-)
        Puddytat, Ice Blue

Not trying to be provocative; I'm legitimately curious.

In my avatar, the blue bars show how many want Reps who COMPROMISE; the aqua bars show who wants Reps who STAND FAST no matter what. (Left=Overall; Center=Democrats; Right=Republicans.) And there's the problem!

by Seneca Doane on Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 12:25:29 AM PDT

•  The only one I have stats on is Sandy Pasch (7+ / 0-)

who got $41,000 in donations because of Darlings crying to the media (Alberta Darling was whining that she only about half as much).

The real figures will come out much later.  On Friday they were estimating $10-12 million, but with the massive media buys over the weekend through election day, that figure is up to $50 million now.

I'll be very interested in comparing the figures.  I know We Are Wisconsin did a lot of media buys.  People for the American Way did a small, but effective buy.  Bold Progressives did lots of buys.   But no one did more media buys than Americans for Prosperity and the other RW groups.  My own TV viewing had half a dozen attack ads by the Republicans to ever one for the Democrat.

There already is class warfare in America. Unfortunately, the rich are winning.

by Puddytat on Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 01:00:32 AM PDT

•  Those figures are outside donations (1+ / 0-)
            Seneca Doane

directly to the campaigns.  I don't have figures on media buys.

There already is class warfare in America. Unfortunately, the rich are winning.

by Puddytat on Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 01:02:41 AM PDT

•  I think I just heard $40 mil in TV ads. (2+ / 0-)
              lzachary, Puddytat

This, for just under 350,000 votes.  That works out to nearly $115 per vote.

Never meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer.--Bruce Graham

by Ice Blue on Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 05:41:35 AM PDT

•  That's an amazing figure (1+ / 0-)
                Ice Blue

on it's own, but the realization that this amount of money was spent to protect Republicans in red districts is very telling.

There already is class warfare in America. Unfortunately, the rich are winning.

by Puddytat on Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 11:35:04 AM PDT