View Diary: BREAKING: Elizabeth Warren Gearing Up To Challenge Scott Brown! (347 comments)

•  And MA is the perfect State for her to show her (6+ / 0-)

stuff.

•  Why? Because we're blue? Not enough (4+ / 0-)

Do the names Romney, Celluci, Weld, ring a bell with you?   Those were our previous governors - all Rep.   Really, guys, you're living in a bubble.  I think SB will be thrilled.  There'll be one debate, no one will watch it, he'll survive it and spend the rest of the election season glad handing voters while she runs around sounding like a policy wonk.

It's very frustrating to explain this state to people.  We're blue and have a horrible Dem Party organization.

•  I've lived in this state for 30 years, so you (3+ / 0-)
        jennyp, Danali, pundit

don't need to explain it to me.  Brown was a vote against Coakley; a misguided vote for change, and guess what?  MA voters still want change, and Brown is now on the other side of that debate.  The pickup truck crap is over.  And the governorship has zip to do with the senate.  Why do you think Kerry survives?  I agree that the Dem party org here is crap, but the Repub organization isn't any better.  I find your pessimism to be really off putting.  There will be a huge amount of enthusiasm for Warren here, and people will work hard for her.

•  the pickup truck crap is not over (0+ / 0-)

and Kerry is not a sure thing to survive his next challenge either.

"Politics is like driving. To go backward put it in R. To go forward put it in D."
          I am a volunteer for Bob Massie for MA-Sen

by TrueBlueMajority on Thu Aug 11, 2011 at 07:27:14 PM PDT

•  It's not pessimism. (0+ / 0-)

In my case, it's experience as Vice-Chair of my town's Dem committee and twice as a delegate to our state's convention, along with participating in local to national elections since the Seventies.

Kerry survived by the power of incumbancy, the same thing that will make Scott Brown such a formidable candidate.

And the governorship has zip to do with the senate.

Except that--surprise!--candidates for both posts have to get Massachusetts voters to vote for them.

"The truth will set you free...but first it'll piss you off." - Gloria Steinem

by Sharoney on Thu Aug 11, 2011 at 09:25:57 PM PDT

•  Seriously (2+ / 0-)
        Larsstephens, wdrath

I am not from Mass...but the fact that a state as blue as that one is supposed to be, would put a REPUBLICAN in Teddy Kennedy's seat after his passing, was very shocking to me. I'd believe anything about the voters there.

"At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution." - Bill Maher

by AZ RedWingsFan on Thu Aug 11, 2011 at 09:37:03 PM PDT

•  jofr it was before the fools (1+ / 0-)
        darkbloom

in full force came to Washington.  Even Olympia had to say this is the most stupid congress she has ever seen.  The Republicans are so horrible now and hate America (and Massachusetts) so much -- and remember it was Mass and Romney that lost him the nomination and most likely will again as they don't like Massachusetts.  The fact that Dem voters in Mass would even relect Duval says that era is over. In the old days, a Republican could have easily beat him as he isn't a very good governor.

Until the National Republicans are seen as human instead of bed mates to the Christian Right and Wall Street Bankers, Brown is on very thin ice.  To run someone who actually represents the opposite of the new Republican party is a big deal and will get lots of national attention. In Mass it will engage thousands in the campaign (similiar to the first Duval campaign) and thousands will carry her to victory.

Pass new laws to end media monopolization now.

by john from vermont on Fri Aug 12, 2011 at 01:39:01 AM PDT

•  Thanks for putting it so succinctly (1+ / 0-)
          wdrath
        •  Patrick was elected (0+ / 0-)

because an early start, a non-scary persona, a great campaign team and lots of cash overcame the entrenched racism in a lot of the state.

And he's a fine governor. He's just not flashy. He's getting the job done, despite the wishes some have that he would gladhand and grandstand more.

And your last sentence is sweet but you have offered absolutely no evidence to prove that it's anything but wishful thinking at this point.

"The truth will set you free...but first it'll piss you off." - Gloria Steinem

by Sharoney on Sun Aug 14, 2011 at 08:47:52 AM PDT

•  I didn't know people thought he was (0+ / 0-)

good governor, Sharoney.  I am just over the border and I have never heard anyone say one nice thing about his governoring.  I am glad someone does.  As for understanding Mass politics, I am from the old days when I worked at WBCN and saw first hand Republican win over Democrat because... I don't know why.  All analysis I have seen have been wierd.

Pass new laws to end media monopolization now.

by john from vermont on Sun Aug 14, 2011 at 03:24:26 PM PDT

•  most of the country has a horrible (0+ / 0-)

Democratic Party organization...which is part of the problem...if we had a 50 state strategy, or, better yet, a 538-district strategy (Democrats being aggressive in each and every Congressional District in the country), then, perhaps we might be in better shape.