View Diary: About last night... (12 comments)

•  This is a very interesting diary. (0+ / 0-)

I found your quick analysis to be very good. I can't see how Pawlenty could end up being the nominee, because he fades so, into the woodwork. But upon reading your diary, I must admit, you made great points.

I apologize for not addressing the content of your diary first. I just got lost in the Jordon poll. I always like to mention how much I love Bill Russell and I rarely get the opportunity. So I jumped at it. But it was at the expense of addressing your spot on analysis.

Thank you for this diary. I love writing that makes me thing and offers me insight. You did both.

Yes, this is my country Retchin' and turnin', she's like a baby learnin' how to live ~ Buffy Sainte-marie - Soldier Blue

by denig on Fri Aug 12, 2011 at 10:35:50 AM PDT

•  that would be makes me think, not "makes me thing" (0+ / 0-)

by denig on Fri Aug 12, 2011 at 11:05:39 AM PDT

•  No problem (1+ / 0-)
      denig

I couldn't think of a related poll but wanted one in the diary.  MJ is a subject that I have to be careful delving in to.

Pawlenty could totally fall off, but just from being here in the state, if he thinks he can smell the finish line, even by default, he'll take it.  This is a guy with no shame.  We thought he was done the last time he ran for governor but he got through even though people didn't really like him here, even the GOP but he plays ball and if the GOP wants to give him a shot he will do what they say.  He was closer than people realize to picking up the VP slot for McCain and he is going to beat that teabagger balanced budget deal for the rest of the time he's in the race.

We'll see though.

The other thing is that Iowa is right next to MN and they know him pretty well especially along the border of the two states, plus the chance to pick up MN is GOP crack.  Romney will never pull MA and Obama will never pull TX but MN will shut the race down for us if it goes republican.

Who shot ya? Seperate the weak from the ob-solete Hard to creep them Brooklyn streets It's on ____, f**k all that bickering beef I can hear sweat trickling down your cheek

by mim5677 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 at 09:06:29 PM PDT

•  I loved the completely unrelated nature of the (0+ / 0-)

poll.

This is very interesting about Pawlenty, as the 'turtle' in the race.  I had in my mind, all but written him off. Now, not so much. You make great points.

by denig on Sat Aug 13, 2011 at 07:58:40 AM PDT

•  I've come a long way (1+ / 0-)
      denig

about ten years ago I wouldn't even admit Russell had a better career.

by mim5677 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 at 09:07:17 PM PDT

•  ha ha ha ha! (0+ / 0-)

I remember the first time I saw MJ. I was standing in the LR and Basketball was on the TV. Suddenly this amazing being was flying across the screen, and his movement was so beautiful. I gasped. I had not had my breath taken away like that, since I was little and saw Bill Russell. I was completely hooked.

After that, I was glued to the screen when ever he played. When he came to town, you know I had tickets! When he 'retired' to play baseball, I was inconsolable.

So I totally get any and all devotion to his career, his accomplishments and his talents. He was mesmerizing and thrilling. Every time I saw him play, he took my breath away all over again. I always felt really privileged that I was getting to see such greatness.

You really have an excellent way of expressing things, simple, to the point, yet chock-full of the goodness. I was especially taken with this post of yours

You really gave voice to what I was thinking and couldn't figure out how to say.  I wanted to thank you for that!

by denig on Sat Aug 13, 2011 at 08:21:53 AM PDT