View Diary: Who Snubbed Jesse Owens, Franklin Delano Roosevelt or Adolf Hitler? (242 comments)

•  Propping Hitler to make FDR look bad. (8+ / 0-)

Pretty sad, and to what end?

Does the answer really turn on a snub, as if nothing else matters?

Wish life was really that simple.

Hope you understand what I said, but if not, it may not be my inarticulation, but your predisposition.

by citizen53 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 at 04:10:35 PM PDT

•  ignoring slavery to save the union (3+ / 0-)
      conlakappa, sberel, evergreen2

Life isn't that simple at all it's incredibly complex.  This diary was in answer to who was better for me in comparison Barack Obama or FDR.  Next time you might be inclined to tell a Black person FDR know he thinks about that kind of thing.

"I honor the place in you where Spirit lives I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Truth, of Light, of Peace, when you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, then we are One." Namaste friends!

by Adept2u on Sat Aug 13, 2011 at 04:34:31 PM PDT

•  Were you alive when FDR was President? (2+ / 0-)
        pot, ZhenRen

Or is this just a projection of your anger at the other comment?

I am not telling you how to think, but questioning your thinking, which I find off the wall in this matter.

In other words, you laud Hitler because he did not make a snub, as if that is all that matters.  Yeah, he was more efficient than FDR, or Obama, too!  Props to Adolf!

Do you think that the snub you mentioned is the main criterion for your conclusion?

And how, pray tell, do you get to the implication that FDR ignored slavery?  That seems to be so from the subject line of your comment.

by citizen53 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 at 05:08:09 PM PDT

•  Really? Where is he lauded. (2+ / 0-)
          Adept2u, evergreen2

I'd like to see. Perhaps a relevant quote from the diary.

I'm finding a lot of things funny lately. But I don't think they are. -- Ripley

by tytalus on Sat Aug 13, 2011 at 05:14:14 PM PDT

•  In the context of the diary... (1+ / 0-)
            ZhenRen

citing Hitler in a positive light in comparison to FDR, may be considered lauding, as to praise Hitler because he did not snub Owens, as if that proves that this alone is what determines how the policies of Obama or FDR affects or affected blacks overall..

by citizen53 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 at 06:33:41 PM PDT

•  No it's easy for great leaders (3+ / 0-)
          AoT, conlakappa, evergreen2

To have their racism ignored.  There are 3 comments around here discussing Hitler and how the hell is he lauded?  I believe the problem lies in the fact that this is a stark and true comparison of the racial aspects America has never had to come to grips with.  It's a fact that long after Nazi Germany was destroyed and the German people making ammends this country was electing Klansmen to congress.

This diary is exactly what I said it was something I'm going to link to whenever some white person has the audacity to tell me that FDR was a better President for me than Barack Obama, I'm going to link this diary and say no Barack Obama let's Black folks in the White house.

by Adept2u on Sat Aug 13, 2011 at 05:20:17 PM PDT

•  See my comment above. (1+ / 0-)
            ZhenRen

You may want to dump on FDR all you like.  The whole country could and can be considered racist.  But the comparison you made, the ONLY comparison, as if that determines the matter, falls way short as I see it.  As such, I voiced what I think, no less than you.

You still have not answered my questions, but it's not necessary.  I'll reiterate that Hitler the fascist dictator and mass murderer certainly was more efficient.  Should we use that comparison to show that FDR and/or Obama are inefficient?

Not to mention that someone showed that Hitler snubbed others, just not Owens, which kind of negates the very point you were making, since you focused solely on the snub.

by citizen53 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 at 06:44:08 PM PDT