View Diary: GOP candidates gone wild! (Or, TMI in Ames) (380 comments)

•  I'm familiar with the GBCW posts (2+ / 0-)
    ATFILLINOIS, i like bbq

and completely understand the sentiment.  If you can't see what a train wreck this site has become in the past 3 years. you aren't paying attention.

•  And if you're still hanging around here (4+ / 0-)

after multiple posts in which you repeatedly express that sentiment, you're being disingenuous.

"The truth will set you free...but first it'll piss you off." - Gloria Steinem

by Sharoney on Mon Aug 15, 2011 at 08:49:44 PM PDT

•  Untrue. (0+ / 0-)

My profile is still here (for infinity) and, as I said, I come here on occasion for content.  The impulse to want to either A.) object to non-sense like this or B.) dissociate from the site is perfectly natural.

If I can't take my writings and profile down, attaching my creative work to this community, I want a say in it.  And I do come by for perspective now and then.

But you'll find that in almost all of my recent writings, this "let's be better" sentiment holds true.  Even before the last post I made asking about deletion (which you'll notice was not angry, but curious).

Anyway, I know this is the standard diversion for when someone criticizes the site.  So carry on.

•  You've had your say. (4+ / 0-)

We disagree. So what is the problem?

"The truth will set you free...but first it'll piss you off." - Gloria Steinem

by Sharoney on Mon Aug 15, 2011 at 08:54:11 PM PDT

•  Ha! and I buy Playboy for the articles right? (0+ / 0-)

OmFg.... creative work? Are you serious? Sanctimonious bullshit to say the least!

"Drought is an act of God. Famine is an act of man. What we are going through - it's an act of men." John Githongo, Kenyan anti-corruption activist

by HGM MA on Mon Aug 15, 2011 at 09:12:57 PM PDT

•  Do you diary? (2+ / 0-)
            WillR, OLinda

I don't see how that isn't creative work.  My voice, personal stories, and passion went in to two years of blogging here.  And posts like this one are why I'd never show my profile to any friends or family, despite being proud that many of my posts were read by thousands of people.

•  Do I diary? Um no... I write the occasional skunk (2+ / 0-)
              laurnj, Paulie200

piss and debate progressives issues here with others while I enjoy a nice glass of wine. Sorry you have such stringent sensibilities... Maybe your friends and family would find it funny as well?

by HGM MA on Mon Aug 15, 2011 at 09:27:02 PM PDT

•  Well, Miss Priss, 4chan is all over this, (9+ / 0-)

as is every comedian on earth.  This is so incredibly stupid.  They look like they are performing fellatio.  In public.  These pictures will be seen everywhere and will haunt these imbeciles as long as they live and beyond.  This is My Pet Goat stupid.  This is macaca stupid.  It's big time and not confined to dailykos.  This is some seriously viral shit.  And what could they possibly say to questions regarding these spectacular decisive moment photos?  I'm not performing fellatio, I am eating a corn dog?  Cartier-Bresson would be proud of these magnificent lensmen.  And I am proud of kos for recognizing a historic dick joke.

Lighten up, Missy.  Have drink, or a toke, come back and look again.  You'll get it then.  It's funny.  Seriously.  They look like they're performing fellatio.  In public.  And they are running for president.  And they hate gay people.  And truthfully it would be mighty difficult to take a more gay photo.  So, it's funny on a whole lot of levels.  And as for the matter of taste......they actually are eating a fucking corn dog.

The Scourge of God....damn Republicans

by Atilla the Honey Bunny on Mon Aug 15, 2011 at 09:49:57 PM PDT

•  Some people..........you know.... (1+ / 0-)
            Eddie L

Speaking of disgusting, just hearing the types of foods that were available at this clambake was enough to make one hurl.

But you just know the Donald would have used plasticware to eat the corndog, eh?

•  i agree with just about everything you say here. (1+ / 0-)
            quiet in NC

nevertheless, those pictures don't need to be on this site let alone on the front page and posted by no less than kos himself. they should be hr'd to keep casual readers from seeing them because they are in very poor taste regardless of how correct kos was in his commentary about the stupidity required to be caught on camera eating corndogs. that's kos's own policy from the faq.

kos should pull the post. let others make the pointed jokes elsewhere.

blink-- pale cold

by zedaker on Tue Aug 16, 2011 at 01:50:14 AM PDT

•  Hide rated for..... (2+ / 0-)
        Eddie L, Sharoney

...inattentiveness, Sharoney. You MUST pay attention and no laughing!

I am waiting in my car, I am waiting in this bar, I am waiting on your essence. - Lucinda Williams

by Bensdad on Mon Aug 15, 2011 at 09:40:26 PM PDT

•  Sorry, Bensdad. (1+ / 0-)
          Bensdad

I'll go stand in the corner for a time out, having been well and duly chastised by the Council of Bluestockinged Arbiters of Good Taste.

"The truth will set you free...but first it'll piss you off." - Gloria Steinem

• Science (25)
  • Barack Obama (24)
  • Media (24)
  • Civil Rights (23)
  • Education (20)
  • Law (20)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (19)
  • Economy (18)
  • Congress (16)
  • Labor (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site