View Diary: Graphing Rising Income Inequality, the Trademark of Neoliberalism (282 comments)

•  Eliminating large-scale economic crimes (9+ / 0-)

and prosecuting "connected" criminals are critical.

Neoliberal theory is promulgated largely to cover for crimes -- see the Big Bubble schemes here in 1994-2000 and 2003-2008 for examples.

Neoliberal bullshit... trillions of dollars stolen.

Look at Israel today for exactly the same megascam pattern.

Government is used to engineer huge smash-n-grab events for the oligarchs. These scams have nothing to do with "market economy" or any other feature of legal capitalism -- it's organized theft and nothing but.

Angry White Males + Crooks + Personality Disorder psychos + KKKwannabes + "Unborn Child" church folk =EQ= The Republicans

by vets74 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 at 06:49:01 AM PDT

•  Agree on prosecuting criminals (19+ / 0-)

... but I think the neo-liberal agenda is much more about economic aristocracy:  giving the power of the state to the rich and letting them using it to help them maintain dominion over everybody else.  In that frame, "economic crimes" becomes a meaningless concept.  Instead we have the divine right of kings updated to the era of Wall Street: Money Makes Right.

That's even more infuriating, and requires a strong, potent and continuous propaganda effort to cover up.  We see this every day, and both political parties are part of it.  Our democracy has been bought and is being turned into yet another subsidiary of America, Inc.  Making people aware of this theft, and of their economic and political disenfranchisement is the way to begin to fight back.

Don't tell me what you believe. Tell me what you do and I'll tell you what you believe. --Meteor Blades

by Dallasdoc on Fri Aug 19, 2011 at 06:54:03 AM PDT

•  Biggest theft event right now..... (9+ / 0-)

is that The Fed continues to churn out ZIRP free-money for the bankers.

ZIRP = Zero Interest Rate Policy.

The one and only time for doing a ZIRP is to meet a short-term catastrophe -- something on the order of Japan's 3/11/11 tsunami.

Then you see both Rick Perry and Ron Paul waving their False Flag banners -- calling for audits and open-books policies for The Fed.

What the Republicans have done for decades it to conceal this information at every turn. So the Perry and Paul yabber is bullshit.

The very last thing Republicans want is for these giveaways to be documented.

by vets74 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 at 07:30:55 AM PDT

•  Not directly on topic (2+ / 0-)
          vets74, divineorder

but I can do what I want, cause it's my diary:

What is the biggest downside to the gold standard. In the interest of educating my seemingly exponential growth of Paul fanatic friends on facebook. You're an economist. I'm a political scientist. I think I know, but you would know if you know. :)

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ||@totushek on twitter

by tote on Fri Aug 19, 2011 at 08:53:25 AM PDT

•  Gold is restricted by an international cartel. (3+ / 0-)
            psnyder, blueoasis, tote

This works similar to diamonds, which are quite plentiful. There's no diamond shortage. Not even close.

If there was no diamond cartel, they'd sell at less than 10% of what you see now.

Gold price is an artificial figure. It is manipulated. And similar to diamonds, there are vast gold veins and slags that could be tapped at will.

by vets74 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 at 10:29:36 AM PDT

•  starting with campaign finance and lobbying (2+ / 0-)
        tote, vets74

reform??

This "Trickle Down" thing has turned out to be somebody pissing on my leg and tellin' me it's rainin'.

by swtexas on Fri Aug 19, 2011 at 09:03:03 AM PDT

•  Cart before the horse (3+ / 0-)
          vets74, divineorder, blueoasis

If Republicans start talking about 'campaign finance reform' look out. Already in the Houston area there are right-wing activists looking at the Texas Ethics Commision Reports of liberal groups and trying to find violations.

•  100% turnout for liberals !! (1+ / 0-)
            scott5js

That is the key.

Quityerbitchin' and Vote !!

by vets74 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 at 10:32:37 AM PDT

•  Who is bitchin'? (0+ / 0-)

If you are so damn smart why don't you try to find some solutions?

by swtexas on Fri Aug 19, 2011 at 10:52:15 AM PDT

•  Check out my diaries. (0+ / 0-)

The economics and political tactics ones, for choice.

Our work getting nose dogs for the Marines contributed to that argument. My nephew's unit is using two of them now to identify heroin labs.

by vets74 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 at 11:40:35 AM PDT

•  So, i read your diaries and (0+ / 0-)

then that is supposed to make it OK about your smart ass "bitchin'" remark?  Don't you ever talk to me that way again.  Better yet- don't ever reply to my comments.

by swtexas on Fri Aug 19, 2011 at 12:16:41 PM PDT

•  I'm agreeing with you. (2+ / 0-)
                    blueoasis, tote
                    "There will not be the votes in Congress for any good sort of campaign finance reform unless more people get more interested in politics and more committed to voting."

That's condensed to "That is the key. Quityerbitchin' and Vote !!"

The word "quityerbitchin" is common New York slang. A cousin to "fergitaboutit."

P.S. cut a little slack for your allies....

by vets74 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 at 01:28:21 PM PDT

•  Well, it is my intention to do just that. (2+ / 0-)
            Dallasdoc, vets74

Hell, i'm well aware of the problem. Every Republican I have ever talked to agree that we need to change this!  This is something that goes across party lines. Fuck Congress.  We are on our own on this deal, but it is imperative that it must be changed before any regular person stands a chance in this country. Campaign and lobby corruption is the number one big elephant in the room that everyone ignores.

by swtexas on Fri Aug 19, 2011 at 11:04:58 AM PDT