View Diary: With Gaza Under "Major Assault," Israel's Protesters Respond Defiantly: We Will March W/ Candles (185 comments)

•  According to the NY Times (3+ / 0-)
    JayinPortland, fizziks, Floande
    Officials in Gaza said the militants killed in the Israeli airstrike belonged to the Popular Resistance Committees, a shadowy group that has worked with Hamas.
    The Popular Resistance Committee (PRC) is a terrorist organization active in the Gaza Strip. The organization was founded in September 2000, at the beginning of the current violent confrontation, by former Fatah and Palestinian Security apparatus members. Its ranks also include ex-Hamas terrorists, some of whom were wanted by Israel and who joined the Palestinian Preventive Security apparatus, and operatives who belonged to the Palestinian Islamic Jihad and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestinian.

No offense, but this stuff is easily found using a search engine.

A writer cannot prevent and is not responsible for the deliberate desire of some to distort his words. -- Eric Sevareid

by citizen53 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 at 10:11:11 PM PDT

•  Thank you. I'm multi-tasking and thought (12+ / 0-)

someone here would know off the top of their head. Didn't intend anyone to google. So, I don't know why you need to get all pissy with me.

I'll just go away and ignore all the I/P stuff again for a few months and see if anyone can ever be civil at a future date.

You all are impossible.

•  personally, Una (7+ / 0-)

you are a breath of fresh air...;)

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."- Albert Camus

by valadon on Thu Aug 18, 2011 at 10:43:17 PM PDT

•  I am not pissy. (2+ / 0-)
        JayinPortland, fizziks

I just made an observation.  Seems like you have been a lot more pissy here, however.

It takes a few seconds to do a search.  Probably less than it took you to make that remark.

by citizen53 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 at 10:46:07 PM PDT

•  That's hilarious (8+ / 0-)

You are so nasty and pissy in every one of these diaries.  I am almost embarrassed for you if you weren't so ugly about it.

I'd rather die than give you control ~ Trent Reznor

by JustJennifer on Thu Aug 18, 2011 at 10:49:06 PM PDT

•  What do... (5+ / 0-)

...YOU think you're contributing to these diaries?

Serious question.

•  How is saying... (3+ / 0-)
            JayinPortland, Corwin Weber, JNEREBEL
            No offense, but this stuff is easily found using a search engine.

nasty or pissiy?  Point out where I have been here.  Because I say things that do not agree with your views?

Just yesterday you were being authoritarian, admittedly so, and trying to dictate to others what they could say.  You also falsely said I was using Syrians for political purposes, as if you were the fount of political virtue and morality.

It now appears, however, from your conduct in this thread that you are just playing games for your own ends.  It seems you cannot help but to constantly butt in, now insultingly so, yet you accuse me of being ugly?

You like making accusations.  But let me clue you in.  You have been far more gratuitous with your behavior than me.

by citizen53 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 at 11:02:35 PM PDT

•  This is it precisely. (3+ / 0-)
              Mets102, Corwin Weber, JNEREBEL
              Because I say things that do not agree with your views?

As one who is so concerned about civility in these diaries, I'd suggest she may want to scold this guy above for his nasty personal attack.

If she won't, then I'd at least appreciate it if she admitted that she only comes here to scold those, like you and fizziks, with whom she disagrees while tacitly condoning the very same behavior she professes to abhor when those with whom she agrees engage in same.

And yes, her insinuations the other day about your motivations were also disgusting.

•  What are you talking about? (1+ / 0-)
                JayinPortland

I do not run through threads commenting willy nilly over anything or everything.  I leave that to others.

As such, I have no idea who "she" is.  It is your comment that I have responded to alone.  You tell me I should write a diary.  I tell you that you should stop policing others with respect to what is appropriate content or form.

Here, I made an original comment and the one other answering about the terrorist group.  Where was I nasty and ugly?  That was what you alleged.  Explain yourself, since you deign yourself as prosecutor.

Nor have I EVER chased you down to imbibe an insulting comment.  I stick with the diary content to comment upon.  On the other hand, how many comments have you directed pointly at me that had nothing at all to do with the points being made?  Just because you did not like my substantive criticisms.

Demanding that one write a diary or shut up gets old and detracts from discussion of issues, which is what I do.  Maybe you could care, but I find imbalance in a diary significant and worthy of discussion.  I also have expressed concern that these one sided diaries promote incitement here among a certain element, as we saw clearly yesterday.

In other words, I will continue to criticize as I see fit, and if you see it as being nasty and ugly, then I suggest your lens is clouded by your own bias, while your reaction leaves much to be desired.

by citizen53 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 at 11:49:47 PM PDT

•  Sorry. I completely misread the comment,... (2+ / 0-)
                JayinPortland, leftynyc

particularly the sender, which is why I could not understand it at all.  A completely wasted rant, however.

by citizen53 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 at 11:52:38 PM PDT

• Education (22)
  • Labor (21)
  • Spam (21)
  • GOP (20)
  • Law (20)
  • Rescued (19)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site