View Diary: Ahmadinejhad - Holocaust a "big lie" and Israel MUST be Eradicated (295 comments)

•  I'm just not cool with (4+ / 0-)
    soysauce, Tonedevil, poco, weasel

this reasoning as something that would change the September UN vote on statehood.

I (or anyone) won't (or shouldn't) deny that Hamas is/was tight w/ Iran, but you'll always have those people on either side who won't agree.

It would be like the Palestinian advocates continuously pointing to the Israeli groups who advocate the complete annexation of nearly all WB territory (and all Jordan River frontage) as representatives of Israeli opinion. Teh Crazy is on both sides, but not completely representative of either... y'kno?

"Look at this; I'm a coward too; You don't need to hide, my friend; For I'm just like you" - Monster/Sprite (Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites - Skrillex)

by AZ Independent on Fri Aug 26, 2011 at 01:40:26 PM PDT

•  Again I ask you (7+ / 0-)

What about this diary mentions the September vote?

Where did I say that this P.O.V. is representative of the Palestinian Polity?

Look I know the folks in weasels diary are going nuts about me and my diary the other day. I get that. I get they are making up all kinds of crap regarding me and what I believe. But just because they say it doesn't mean it's true. In fact, it is the opposite of true.

SO how about we stick to this diary and what it is about. Okay?

DK4: For those times when pissing in the hummus isn't enough

by volleyboy1 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 at 01:50:05 PM PDT

•  Meh... maybe I'm reading too much into it (3+ / 0-)
        yaque, canadian gal, Tonedevil

It's not a far stretch to get there, but you're right, you didn't put that in there.

For someone who isn't familiar, or passingly familiar, it could be seen that for a rally for "Palestinian solidarity" and the idiot-would-be-King of Iran to come out and say stuff he says all the time would reflect very poorly in light of the UN vote. Like I said, it wouldn't be a stretch for someone to say, "well, if thats what those supporting the Palestinians believe..." But I guess following that same logic, we'd have to believe that Glenn Beck's tour in Israel represented Israeli opinion- and that would be pretty dumb.

I try not to pile on w/ all the bad things people say about each other, I try to figure out where people are coming from based on what they say.

I can see arguments for/against bias, hell I have bias. And I can see some criticisms coming from both sides of recent news that have validity. Do I agree with them? Not necessarily.

Anywho, as long as you agree that these views aren't what the Palestinian people (the majority) would agree with, any "too much reading between the lines" I did is moot.

Cheers.

by AZ Independent on Fri Aug 26, 2011 at 02:11:43 PM PDT

•  You sell your intuition short. nt (1+ / 0-)
          Tonedevil

I take responsibility for what I say. I do not take responsibility for what you understand.

by soysauce on Fri Aug 26, 2011 at 02:14:11 PM PDT

•  Depsite the Volley Derangment Syndrome (/snark) (4+ / 0-)

that people who disagree with me have... You are right, you are reading more into than is there.

I have an admitted bias. I am biased towards Israel. I want it to live for a long time as the National State and Homeland of the Jewish People and have that life be based on Peace and Security.

I think Nasrallah's ideas are a dream (though most would acknowledge the reality of Israel) of most of the Palestinian People, and certainly reflect a number of people here (Palestine from the Med. to Jordan) but I can't imagine that Ahmadi's madness is representative of the majority of Palestinians.

And this:

is dead on.

DK4: For those times when pissing in the hummus isn't enough

by volleyboy1 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 at 02:20:16 PM PDT

•  Oh and btw.... (4+ / 0-)

This:

You mean like the regulars here in I.P. ?

DK4: For those times when pissing in the hummus isn't enough

by volleyboy1 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 at 02:01:44 PM PDT

•  Haven't seen it, so can't say (0+ / 0-)

whether it happens.

If it does, they need to, in the words of a famous poet:

"Check yo' self, before you wreck yo' self"

/Yeah, take that Herman Cain