View Diary: Boehner says GOP debate should trump President Obama's jobs speech (332 comments)

•  If it's in WI, it better be a damned good speech. (8+ / 0-)

Those folks are not in the mood for prevarication and evasion.

And the Pack is on the union side.

Nowhere do I understand that national security is a substitute for the law.---Thomas Drake You cannot tell from appearances how things will go.--Winston Churchill

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Wed Aug 31, 2011 at 02:21:41 PM PDT

•  God (2+ / 0-)
      mikeconwell, SouthernLiberalinMD

I'd pay a truly stupid amount of money to see that happen at that game at that stadium.

only 97 years left on the waiting list for tickets.

It is better to be making the news than taking it; to be an actor rather than a critic. - WSC

by Solarian on Wed Aug 31, 2011 at 02:36:59 PM PDT

•  Me too. Packer Nation! :-) (0+ / 0-)

I was so freakin' happy to see them win last year.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Wed Aug 31, 2011 at 02:42:53 PM PDT

•  They were gifted the game; even with 3 (1+ / 0-)
          Rick Aucoin

turn-overs, the Steelers were still in a position to win the game.  Bitter?  You're damn right, lol.

•  Bitterness (0+ / 0-)

is unbecoming such a storied franchise. I'm sure if we'd have lost we would have been dignified and polite.

...

...
            (laughter)
            Can't hold a straight face for that.

You have to admit though, that giving the speech at/around that game

by Solarian on Wed Aug 31, 2011 at 04:18:28 PM PDT

•  Me too, Pete, me too. (1+ / 0-)
            PittsburghPete

I rewatched the game for the first time since it was played, just last week.  I was dumbfounded how the Steelers lost, they were in a position to win the game repeatedly in the 4th quarter, in spite of such horrific fortune in turnovers, Polamalu's ankle, Pouncey not playing, etc, etc.

"Blind cheerleading of the president will create jobs and get him to stop droning on and on about deficits no one cares about to the point that his numbers have tanked among independents?" - Markos Moulitsas 8/20/11

by Rick Aucoin on Wed Aug 31, 2011 at 05:54:48 PM PDT

•  It was weird for me, because (0+ / 0-)

I love both teams.

Steelers are my team on the AFC side.

I don't really agree Pack was gifted the game, but I guess YMMV.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 10:41:35 AM PDT

•  I mean, remember that the Pack (0+ / 0-)

had horrific injuries and a short bench at the time of that game.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 10:42:35 AM PDT

•  Actually, if Obama were smart and bold (1+ / 0-)
        stcroix cheesehead