View Diary: How Walmart avoids unions by cracking down on baby shower committees (98 comments)

•  It's not just money, it's the power and control. (14+ / 0-)

Management BOLO Alert: The sub-40 hour wage serfs are trying to hold another baby shower for some poor, young co-worker or co-worker's spouse...it's a damn insurrection!

The desire to control the thoughts and speech of the American Worker and use power to limit our liberty has reached the fetish level.  It makes them feel unstoppable, above the masses, superior in every way.

Management isn't just focused on organizing workers for productivity, but policing the minds and aspirations of workers, and enforcing political limits.  The right to peaceably assemble and to free speech apparently are completely trumped inside this sterile workplace which is enforced to conform to the privileged political sentiments and fears of Wal*Mart's ownership class.

When life gives you wingnuts, make wingnut butter!

by antirove on Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 09:42:45 AM PDT

•  I do not understand your troll rate. (2+ / 0-)
      Amber6541, Ahianne

Please do not be alarmed. We are about to engage... the nozzle.

by Terrapin on Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 10:26:34 AM PDT

•  You HR'd the tip jar. (4+ / 0-)

If this was a mistake, you might want to fix it. Otherwise, explain.

We are not given mercy because we deserve it, but because we need it.

by Ahianne on Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 11:57:20 AM PDT

•  It was truly a mistake...and somehow I've (5+ / 0-)

managed to do this twice to diarists I like and appreciate in the last 24 hours.  Thanks for pointing it out. And my apologies to the diarist who I've appreciated as a fine writer.

I don't know if it's just me and my bleary sight or wobbly hands, or perhaps, it's a small possibility I realize, these were transient flukes of the changing DKos software, since I'm seeing reports of others have problems with occasionally Hides ending up where Recommends were intended.  I've also experienced comment 'Preview' failing or never ending recently, don't know if related.

When life gives you wingnuts, make wingnut butter!

by antirove on Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 01:30:05 PM PDT

•  A recent bug (3+ / 0-)
          RunawayRose, Dirtandiron, Ahianne

I believe it is related to no longer being able to reply to auto tip-jars, so it isn't just you.  Management is aware of the problem, don't know if a fix is planned.

Those who support banning cocaine are no better than those who support banning cheeseburgers

by EthrDemon on Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 01:38:21 PM PDT

•  It's happening a lot. (2+ / 0-)
          Dirtandiron, Ahianne

The Reply function was removed for tip jars, so there are just the Rec and Hide buttons; since they are further left than they used to be, Hide is about where Rec is under most comments.  Don't know if the tip jar Hide gives the usual warning, either.

C'est la vie, c'est la guerre, c'est la pomme de terre.

by RunawayRose on Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 01:54:40 PM PDT

•  I'm not sure I buy that reasoning. (0+ / 0-)

I know people have said "Oh, the buttons are in a different place"... But who really uses a mouse on the screen without engaging their eyes to see where the arrow is dancing over the monitor?

Seriously, how often does anyone go "I'm going to rec this, so let me wiggle the mouse over to this location where the rec button is by the mere memory I have of the site, and I shall click in that location without putting my eyes on the spot where the mouse is"

Never mind that clicking hide brings up a dialog box. Or rather, it's supposed to bring up a dialog box. But apparently doesn't.

So, if the system can accidentally bypass the HR safeguard dialog box, then there's no reason it can't accidentally shuffle a rec into a hr.

"I must confess, when I see anyone with an Obama 2012 bumper sticker, I recognize them as a threat to the gene pool." - Republican Congressman Allen West (FL-22) Rawstory Source

by JayFromPA on Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 04:53:11 PM PDT

•  No worries - thanks for responding :) (2+ / 0-)
          Ahianne, RunawayRose

Please do not be alarmed. We are about to engage... the nozzle.

by Terrapin on Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 05:50:35 PM PDT

•  Thanks. (2+ / 0-)
          commonmass, RunawayRose

It's been happening a lot lately.

We are not given mercy because we deserve it, but because we need it.

by Ahianne on Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 06:28:36 PM PDT