View Diary: Nixon: more liberal than Obama? (182 comments)

•  Who gives a fuck (2+ / 0-)
    HamdenRice, doroma

about your disappointment.  I'm sick of you idiots using a stupid campaign slogan for governance. I'm sick of you idiots taking every issue and every thing as fuel for your disappointment.  I'm sick of you idiots making comparisons to racist and longing for the good old days.

Fuck yes he lowered the ozone the people with the jobs said it was a fucking sacrifice we have to make, now if the jobs aren't forthcoming who will you idiots blame.  Probably the President you people make me want to heave.

SO WHAT ABOUT THE FUCKING RACISM IS THAT FUCKING PROGRESSIVE IS THAT FUCKING LIBERAL.  IS IT THE PROGRESSIVE POSITION THAT INTER RACIAL CHILDREN BE ABORTED!!!!!

How was your weekend Mr. President? Just great! Ate some ice cream, played with the kids, spent some quality time with the Mrs., oversaw the end of a tyrant, you know just a normal relaxing vacation.

by Adept2u on Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 09:02:12 AM PDT

•  I GIVE A FUCK about why I am disappointed. (4+ / 0-)

He is doing the wrong things and damaging this nation and its people.
      He screwed our economy with a horrible tax deal with the devil.
      He screwed the public with his secret deals with Big Pharm.
      He is not only ignoring his campaign statements, he is adopting republican policies again and again.

What we call god is merely a living creature with superior technology & understanding. If their fragile egos demand prayer, they lose that superiority.

by agnostic on Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 09:09:08 AM PDT

•  Says a person who likes a racist (0+ / 0-)

Excuse me if I don't take your disappointments to heart, and you are as uninformed as a teabagger with your stupid list.

Here let me help you because you're obviously challenged.

THE REPUBLICANS SCREWED THE ECONOMY WITH THE TAX DEAL

YOU HAVE NO IDEA YOU'RE AN IDIOT WHAT OR IF THERE WAS A SECRET DEAL AND SO WHAT IF IT WAS YOU CHILD I LIKE MY SISTERS TO HAVE MAMOGRAMS, I LIKE MY BROTHERS TO HAVE FREE CLINICS, I LIKE THE IDEA THAT KIDS CAN STAY ON THEIR PARENTS COVERAGE, I LOVE THE PATIENTS BILL OF RIGHTS

YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT NOT ALL REPUBLICAN POLICIES ARE WRONG

I'll go off all caps as you won't seem to answer the question, as is the habit of idiot racist loving progressives

WHAT ABOUT THE RACISM ASSHOLE. WHAT ABOUT THE FACT THAT YOU LOVE A MAN WHO WOULD HAVE HAD THE PRESIDENT ABORTED

by Adept2u on Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 09:13:39 AM PDT

•  Now, I'm a racist? (1+ / 0-)
          kurt

Here, my hand is up, and I am dropping three fingers and a thumb. I leave it to your overactive and  misguided imagination which finger is left standing.

by agnostic on Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 09:17:59 AM PDT

•  By the way, inside all your confused rambling (1+ / 0-)
          Major Tom

what is the question? I must be too stupid to figure out what it could possibly be.

by agnostic on Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 09:19:06 AM PDT

•  asdf (1+ / 0-)
            mallyroyal

Don't have the mental capacity to understand that?  Hmmm.

Tell me what you don't understand

So help me be clear on the "progressive" position.  You lionize Nixon and hate Obama, yet Nixon held the above views.  Tell me again why progressives aren't as racist as teabaggers?  Help me out

That's the original question you answered with a litany of your stupid disappointments.  Like I said in the original comment, I'm confident you knew of Nixon's rampant racism, and like I said in the original comment it's not important to the "progressive"  they care more about the public option or some other stupid shit than the fundamental facts, and like I titled the original comment it is the reason I loathe and detest this branch of "progressia" like the teabagger, I know you took the age old excuse of you are calling me a racist, I'll ask another question what should I call a person who compares Richard Nixon (racist bastard) compares him favorably to Barack Obama.  What should I call a person when given 3 opportunities to make themselves clear on the matter uses the new and effective Republican tool oh you're calling me a racist so I don't have to comment on the fact I just put out a diary in support of a person who would have aborted Barack Obama.

by Adept2u on Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 09:33:09 AM PDT

•  OK. I don't understand. (0+ / 0-)

by agnostic on Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 09:34:08 AM PDT

•  I just hope no one says progressives aren't racist (2+ / 0-)
                Ana Thema, mallyroyal

ever again.

by Adept2u on Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 09:39:58 AM PDT

•  You could overgeneralize too (0+ / 0-)

But agnostic's ignorance is amazing.

Republicans: Taking the country back ... to the 19th century

by yet another liberal on Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 09:43:19 AM PDT

•  I'm really trying not to (6+ / 0-)

However, to say I'm heartbroken at what I've seen around here is an understatement.  Agnostic isn't alone and what is so disappointing is that he could have just answered gosh I didn't think of that aspect.  When you think about it just that way maybe Nixon isn't more liberal, but that literally has never happened.  I can think of 10's of instances like this right off the top of my head and the normal course is I get called the racist and hr'd.

I was here for prop h8 I was here for the New Yorker, I've been here through every outrage and it's more than a trend.  I couldn't even open IcebergSlim diary (why she got to name herself for the most infamous pimp in america?) diary because I knew what kind of disrespect would be flowing in there, and with Kos declaring calling "centrist" read supporters of the President idiotic he has given further license to his racially insensitive members.

by Adept2u on Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 09:56:53 AM PDT

•  I agree. I've been here a little bit longer than (5+ / 0-)

you. It has been a downward spiral as far as racism goes on this supposed liberal/progressive political site.

There used to be relatively minor disagreements about what was or wasn't racist- which can be pretty infuriating to read when Black people are constantly told that they don't know what "real" racism is.

Now, we have some people here seeming to compete to write the most personally insulting thing about the First Black President of the US. The idea that these are "policy discussions" is laughable.

You have to get over the color green; you have to quit associating beauty with gardens and lawns; you have to get used to an inhuman scale; you have to understand geological time- Wallace Stegner

by blindyone on Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 11:10:30 AM PDT

•  I'm amazing? Thank you! (0+ / 0-)

I needed that after a tough week.

by agnostic on Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 10:52:01 AM PDT

•  the answer to the diary's title question is: (3+ / 0-)
                joedemocrat, doroma, Ana Thema

"Nixon would have found it prudent to ABORT Obama because of his birth circumstances"

that's damn sure answer enough for ME, anyway.  and Adept, obviously.

you might have been able to "thought experiment" this one out without taking racism into account, but I can't, and frankly it looks less than progressive that you could.

"I'm Black and I'm proud, I'm ready, I'm hype, plus I'm amped/ most of my heroes don't appear on no stamp!" ~Carlton Ridenhour

by mallyroyal on Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 12:31:05 PM PDT

•  I don't give a fuck why UR disappointed because (4+ / 0-)
        Adept2u, Robinswing, mallyroyal, doroma

you're clearly delusional if you think Nixon was more liberal than Obama.  Someone as stupid and delusional as the person who wrote this diary might as well be disappointed that the aliens from Tralfamador are not communicating with him through his dental fillings.  I mean the diary is really that stupid and embarrassing.

So who gives a fuck what you think or what your disappointed about?  You obviously have no rationality or factual basis for your thinking.

•  For the last time, they are from alpha centauri, (0+ / 0-)

NOT tralfamador.

Delusional? Cite one fact about Nixon that was incorrect or delusional. Just one. Cite one fact about obama that is inaccurate.

by agnostic on Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 10:55:00 AM PDT