View Diary: What's in the American Jobs Act? (148 comments)

•  Stock market doesn't seem to like this (1+ / 0-)
    Julia Grey

Is the current 3+ % drop in the market because of this?

What's going on?  A whole lot of people are VERY nervous right now.  A big portion of people in 401K's and such are banking on our financial markets to maintain and grow.

I'm going searching around to see WTF is going on !!!

- If you don't like gay marriage, blame straight people. They're the ones who keep having gay babies.

by r2did2 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 at 11:42:08 AM PDT

•  The market is responding to the mess in Europe.n/t (6+ / 0-)

Obama 2012 http://whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/

by jiffypop on Fri Sep 09, 2011 at 11:46:45 AM PDT

•  Bank Of America Is Laying Off 40,000 (2+ / 0-)
      TomP, mightymouse

Five years ago the stock market, and buyers of BAC stock, would have taken this as a positive.

I won't be coming home tonight, my generation will put it right - Genesis 9:3

by superscalar on Fri Sep 09, 2011 at 11:47:50 AM PDT

•  The stock market has been falling (0+ / 0-)

for weeks now.

Tough shit on the 401(k).   Wanna play with the big boys (despite the deck being stacked against you), take your losses.

•  Lovely (0+ / 0-)

There's always a certain percentage of folks that post things like this on blogs.

Feel better now?

by r2did2 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 at 12:07:48 PM PDT

•  Read your prospectus..... (0+ / 0-)

the stock market is risky, no matter what your 401(k) manager tells you.

•  I'll go with being partially in my 401K (0+ / 0-)

One thing I love about America is that we all have the freedom to invest in whatever we want and freedom to work toward our own retirement as we wish.  In my case, it's not like I'm ignorant on financial matters.

But, I appreciate your input.

by r2did2 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 at 12:24:52 PM PDT

•  You're not "ignorant on financial matters" (0+ / 0-)

but you don't know why the stock market is down?  Ok.  Good luck with your investing.  Remember - it's not insured and the whole system has been raided once that we know of.

•  So, this makes me ignorant? (0+ / 0-)

Not knowing why the stock market is down wouldn't have anything to do with my knowledge on personal financial matters.  And, I posted that message here for discussion.  I'm pretty savvy on going to google finding out how analysts think on this day's downtrend.  I didn't know I'd snag a financial genius who is condescending and downgrading.

But, I'm finding that here on DKos, there are folks like you that are called "lurkers" that read posts trying to find some they can post negative remarks to.

It's just something we need to accept as we participate here.

by r2did2 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 at 01:13:59 PM PDT

•  I would like to rec that (0+ / 0-)

it's true the stock market is a gamble, probably not for us. I've stopped putting retirement money there.

but when it drops it hurts a lot of people.

Here I am! I'm up here! Where are you? - the Red-eyed Vireo

by mightymouse on Fri Sep 09, 2011 at 12:51:56 PM PDT

•  That's a hell of a lot more about EU debt (0+ / 0-)

Wall Street knows that very little of Obama's bill is going to pass. They've already priced in gridlock for the rest of the term.