View Diary: Black Kos, Tuesday's Chile (268 comments)

•  Ek v. Taylormatt. (25+ / 0-)

This is exactly the fucking problem.  The bile and rage and personal insults.  Kos called it by its correct name.

Ek provoked and taylor jumps out of the boycott to fight.

Like moths to a flame.

Ek was doing a great job making an ass out of himself.  But you had to break the boycott to add your attacks.

The American people must wise up and rise up!

by TomP on Tue Sep 13, 2011 at 03:31:04 PM PDT

•  Yes Tom (3+ / 0-)
      evergreen2, vcmvo2, shaharazade

False equivalencies and equal frustration with all parties is exactly what's called for here.

It's working so well for the media and the GOP that we should all adopt the tactic as our own.

Hope isn't a choice, it's a moral obligation...hope is not naive, hope grapples endlessly with despair. Tony Kushner, 2002

by Commoditize This on Tue Sep 13, 2011 at 03:56:48 PM PDT

•  Thank you for your comment. (8+ / 0-)

I disagree that I am employing false equivalencies and equal frustration with all parties.

But this is how the wars go, isn't it?

I do see Ek and tayormatt to be very equivalent.  Taylor happens to be on your side now and can bring sophisticated defenses for his actions, but I can remember taylor crashing EENR in 2007 with hiderates.  It's the war that attracts warriors.

As for Ek, I think he would be happy with permanent war.  There is no love lsot between us.

I responded to Ek in this diary and disagreed with him. So did Adam B and many others.

Do you defend taylor's comment because he happens to be on a side you like?

Is it really okay to spew that garbage so long it is your team?

The American people must wise up and rise up!

by TomP on Tue Sep 13, 2011 at 04:05:03 PM PDT

•  Tom, with due respect, Ek came in here (11+ / 0-)

to troll the Black Community diary, and has drawn a warning from Kos for his behavior.

"[R]ather high-minded, if not a bit self-referential"--The Washington Post.

by Geekesque on Tue Sep 13, 2011 at 04:30:39 PM PDT

•  He deserves the warning. No doubt. (11+ / 0-)

I'm not defedning Ek in any way.  I just don't think taylormatt's comment helps at all.

I think Ek made a great case for what some in Black Kos called provocation.

We see it differently.  Ek's bullshit/trolling, etc. does not excuse taylormatt's comment.  Other folks here had it under control.

The American people must wise up and rise up!

by TomP on Tue Sep 13, 2011 at 04:39:24 PM PDT

•  There's a difference, imo, between an (6+ / 0-)
              TomP, Dancun74, COwoman, doroma, vcmvo2, evergreen2

unhelpful response and a willful provocation.

"[R]ather high-minded, if not a bit self-referential"--The Washington Post.

by Geekesque on Tue Sep 13, 2011 at 04:43:00 PM PDT

•  True. (5+ / 0-)

Perhaps I react to taylor based on years of old battles?  Seeing the comment just pushed buttons in my head.

Hell as strategy, letting Ek screw himself is better anyway.  His comments helped the boycott side much more than anything taylor could say.

You and I got over that fights in the past, but really there were not a lot of HR wars between us.  The day I spilled chocolate milk on my keyboard and I could not comment well was not fair!  Okay, "cockroaches" was mean, but it really did not "bug" me.  :-)  I just used it against you.  :-)

Take care Geekesque.  I'm sorry I overreacted to taylor.

The American people must wise up and rise up!

by TomP on Tue Sep 13, 2011 at 04:47:22 PM PDT

•  you didn't (2+ / 0-)
                  andrewj54, ek hornbeck

overreact to Taylor nastiness, dickishness is okay. False equivalencies abound unchecked and roaming free while ek he's a dick cause he hates torture his major transgression . Anybody that brings up the abuse that is heaped on liberals here is a dick.

While this dairy that supports a boycott of kos for stepping in and trying to moderate gets rec's and arguments from the administrators who are being badmouthed and vilified from the wider blogesphere.  People who said to my liberal white ass listen and respect and then tell me that for my stances I'm  a termite fucking white progressive liar cause I don't support Obama or his Lilly white bankster  and assorted neocon administration.  disgusting.

If this is a democratic blog why is this crap boycott recommended by kos. Were all supposed to roll over and accept the fact that if we don't think this is democratic or Democratic were racist Republican enablers and feel guilty for being progressive purists and Obama haters.

I'm a fucking liberal and there is nothing liberal about caving to people who call anyone who thinks that calling out and hounding those that oppose this 'new' Democratic  administration bs is a racist or a dick. So sorry I'm not ready to make nice with Republicans who claim to be Democrat's and call it the way forward.

By the way the DNC regarding Ron Paul's horrific let people die comment said that laughing at people who die from being irresponsible cause they are not insured would not be held against our opposition. Teabaggers somehow get a pass and liberal Democrat's get the zap as they offend the bots. Gimmie a break.

•  True, geekesque, (3+ / 0-)
                mrkvica, ElaineinIN, Geekesque

but while one was worse than the other, both were inflammatory and both were unnecessary and, in light of the changes in discourse we would like to see emerge around here, neither was what we really need to hear.

•  Exactly right. (1+ / 0-)
              Geekesque

It is a calling...to do things about injustice.... It helps to have a goal. I've always tried to have one.--Ted Kennedy, True Compass

by Timaeus on Tue Sep 13, 2011 at 05:10:28 PM PDT

•  False equivalence does suck (13+ / 0-)

but it doesn't really matter. In this case, ek was doing a plenty good job of making himself look like a huge friggin' jerk, even quite effectively pointing out exactly one of the more major frustrations of those doing the boycotting, all by his lonesome. So whether the really long, super angry, personally insulting comment was "equivalent" or not on some supposed moral scale, it was totally unnecessary.

Many, many potential reactions are justified that are nonetheless still not helpful to actually addressing the injustice.

Note that I'm not talking about waiting politely for justice. I'm talking about not losing sight of what matters in actually getting there.

•  Ya know what TomP, thank you (14+ / 0-)

I was all ready to rec up taylormattd's comment but your comment made me realize that that would be a mistake and be in complete conflict of the way I am wishing for us all to act.

Thanks again.

This stops with us. All of us.

•  ek is the ass here? (2+ / 0-)
      andrewj54, ek hornbeck

gimmie a break TomP Last time Taylormatt let lose on me it was nothing but insane rage. For daring to question for daring to oppose or dissent. Would look it up and link etc but why bother we all know what goes down. ek is not the bully he's not the boycott the racist kos cause progressives are the enemy.

• Recommended (141)
  • Economy (18)
  • Rescued (17)
  • Politics (15)
  • Science (15)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Police Brutality (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site