View Diary: FRY'DAZE - Progressive Zionist Style (37 comments)

•  The problem with your view (0+ / 0-)

is that you fail to recognize that many on the other side of this issue have been very critical of Abbas and the Palestinian leadership.  You suggest that this isn't so, and come off as a two-bit propagandist in the process.

Further, your complaints about "one-sidedness" fail to acknowledge the obvious -- that no one on this blog is more one sided than you are. I'm not saying there aren't others that are one sided; there are.  But you are as one-sided as they come, incapable of engaging in any serious criticism of Israeli policy, and only willing to criticize the faults on the other side.  That's (one of the reasons) why your words carry no weight; you simply have no credibility with anyone on either side of the issue.

•  Not really. (0+ / 0-)

I do not claim not to be one-sided, and am so for a reason.  This site is anti-Israel, in the event you have not noticed.  There is a virtual tidal wave here that requires some counter.  If it was not so bad, then I would certainly be less vociferous.

I believe I have more credibility than you think.  I stick to issues and, unlike many, do not engage in name calling or labeling of others.  Too bad more are unable to refrain.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but that does not necessarily make it accurate.  As for your need to throw insults, much like the others here, I saw long ago that you behave different than how you come off.  In other words, I need no lessons from you.

A writer cannot prevent and is not responsible for the deliberate desire of some to distort his words. -- Eric Sevareid

by citizen53 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 at 12:56:04 PM PDT

•  You deny the obvious (0+ / 0-)

The one-sided participants on the other side of the issue are not credible . . . and obviously so. Even you see that. They ignore facts that are in conflict with their narrative, and they wish to paint a picture of the blame being on one side . . . alone.

And you're no different.

That's why you have no credibility . . . just like the anti-Israel propagandists.

•  You can call me what you like. (0+ / 0-)

I am not here for YOUR approval.  I actually speak more to the actual suffering of the Palestinian people than I have seen you do, and many purported pro-Palestinian people here, who care generally when Israel is involved.

Yes, these people may not be credible, to you.  As I said, this site is way imbalanced.  They have credibility to many others, more than it seems you accept.

Perhaps you should be less prone to judge people you do not really know.  Your need to be insulting does not help in making your case, and to me shows a very small side.

by citizen53 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 at 01:21:27 PM PDT

•  You speak to the actual suffering (0+ / 0-)

of the Palestinian People? You . . . Mr. One-sided?

I'm laughing, and not with you.

The lack of balance of other participants here does not make you any more credible then they are.

Your blatantly one-sided and dishonest approach to this issue does nothing to bring "balance" to this site. All it does is demonstrate that a lack of credibility exists on both sides.

Way to go.

•  Actually, I have done so MANY times. (0+ / 0-)

Perhaps if you were less prone to tossing insults you would have seen it.  I frequently mention how Palestinian and Arab leaders mistreat and deny human rights to the Palestinian people.

Indeed, I just wrote a diary about how Palestinians living in camps in what would be the Palestinian state will not receive citizenship.

You are just wrong.  And, so far as I am concerned, you come off a bit too sanctimonious.  That is why I dismiss what you say, and the way you say it.

by citizen53 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 at 02:35:44 PM PDT

•  Ah . . . I see (0+ / 0-)

You use them as means to trash Palestinian and Arab leaders . . . part of your admittedly one-sided and (consequently) dishonest propaganda.

So (and obviously) I am not wrong. It is just part of your little game of placing all the blame on one side . . . just like so many on the other side of the issue.

•  What is your problem? (0+ / 0-)

Yes, I trash the leaders because I believe they deserve it.

Who makes you the fount of honesty?  I love how so many here self-proclaim as you have.

For your information, I don't play games here, and I get amused by those who think that way, and what it show about them.

Finally, time after time, you attack me while showing a very small, bitter and obnoxious side.

by citizen53 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 at 03:31:35 PM PDT

•  Actually, you do play games . . . big time. (0+ / 0-)

You complain bitterly about the one-sidedness  of others, and yet you are just as one-sided and biased as anyone on this blog.

•  I explained myself. (0+ / 0-)

The difference with those others is they do not make the same acknowledgement, not to mention the abuse in the way they treat others who see things differently.  You have emulated the latter.

I do not complain bitterly, either.  You are projecting.  I point it out only when I believe it is appropriate.

by citizen53 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 at 02:04:46 PM PDT

•  There's really no difference at all. (0+ / 0-)

You indeed complain about how biased and absolutist they are, all the while being every bit as biased and absolutist as anyone who participates in I/P here.

That's why you're not credible.

•  But I do think there is a difference... (0+ / 0-)

and have explained it, yet you are carrying on and on and on.  To what end?

I understand you believe I am not credible.  You have told me how many times now.  You don't want to know anything else it seems.

I am not here for your approval.  I do not agree with your characterizations.  I think your assertions are out of context.  It's as simple as that.

I am biased, as I have said repeatedly, but far from absolutist.  I do not care if you believe I am not credible, but don't be misleading and inaccurate.  That's even worse than being insulting without cause.

by citizen53 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 at 04:13:25 PM PDT