View Diary: I was (mostly) wrong about Elizabeth Warren (125 comments)

•  Yeah (0+ / 0-)

I'm not really speaking to my personal feelings on this. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care if her "story" is compelling or not. I'm speaking to the dirty, but unfortunately necessary task of selling her to the voters.

"Preventive war is a crime not easily committed by a country that retains any traces of democracy." -George Orwell

by Zackpunk on Fri Sep 23, 2011 at 01:38:12 PM PDT

•  Personal stuff helps sometimes... (6+ / 0-)
      p gorden lippy, TDreamer, Chi, gmb, LynneK, Matt Z

and I have heard "Come from nothing" spiels from Dem candidates that weren't half as accurate.

"...Can't do nothing, girl, without somebody bugging/ I used to think that it was me/ But then I learned it wasn't." --Salt NPepa None of Your Business

by chicating on Fri Sep 23, 2011 at 01:42:02 PM PDT

•  yeah, but i have a bad (6+ / 0-)

feeling about your diary, frankly.

you think Harvard professors are defacto elite snobs from wealthy families?

have you bought the right wing anti-elitist meme?

as a professor at a major university, i can testify that a whole lot of us are from poor, uneducated backgrounds, and we really know what the world is like.

elizabeth warren is my kind of person all the way.

i'm glad you came around, but am questioning why you started where you started.

"Until we know how to safely dispose of the radioactive materials generated by nuclear plants, we should postpone these activities so as not to cause further harm to future generations" Dr Shoji Sawada

by BlueDragon on Fri Sep 23, 2011 at 02:50:27 PM PDT

•  See the above photos (4+ / 0-)

If it were up to me, Washington would be filled with Noam Chomsky's and Howard Zinn's. Unfortunately, what I think isn't so important. What matters is what the Globe thinks, and others like them. They're the ones who are going to decide this thing. Again, look at the photos that the Globe intentionally published. Let's not be naive.

by Zackpunk on Fri Sep 23, 2011 at 03:01:10 PM PDT

•  i appreciate your reply (8+ / 0-)

but those photos were coakley, not warren, so i'm not sure that is relevant.

but if they are going to go after every woman, there isn't much to be done.

is the globe all that influential in today's MA?

isn't teevee much more relevant?

and warren is dynamite on camera.

by BlueDragon on Fri Sep 23, 2011 at 04:53:46 PM PDT

•  Photos (0+ / 0-)

You don't think they could dig up a photo of "Professor" Warren at a Harvard gala and print it next to that picture of Scott Brown? Personally, I like that photo of Coakley. I don't have any problems with it. But I understand enough about the language of media to know how that plays in the public's eye.

I agree that Warren is dynamite on camera -- sort of the whole point of this diary. Now that I've had the chance to see her in action, I don't have the concerns I did before.

by Zackpunk on Fri Sep 23, 2011 at 10:46:42 PM PDT

•  "Not sure if she can overcome state townie effect" (1+ / 0-)
        BlueDragon

"Not sure if she can overcome our state-wide townie effect"

is what was heard from established MA Dems around here when people first started talking about drafting her to run.

That's where I thought the diarist was coming from. YMMV.