View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: What on earth happened to Jennifer Brunner? (314 comments)

•  I would caution reading too much into crosstabs (2+ / 0-)
    itskevin, DCCyclone

Compared to the recent Q poll out of FL this poll is amazing.

“I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times.” Everett Dirksen (R-IL)

by conspiracy on Thu Sep 29, 2011 at 11:45:43 AM PDT

•  Honestly, I regard the racial crosstabs (0+ / 0-)

as the only ones worth considering. And in this case, I think they somewhat undermine the genuinely not-so-bad toplines.

Ok, so I read the polls.

by andgarden on Thu Sep 29, 2011 at 11:48:52 AM PDT

•  I think they are all worth considering (1+ / 0-)
        DCCyclone

I just don't give excessive weight to them. Now, granted, as the single largest demographic group in the poll, the figure for whites should be more reliable. But we are still talking about a sample of 319 people. We don't take seriously polls of that number when it represents the total sample.

by conspiracy on Thu Sep 29, 2011 at 12:37:23 PM PDT

•  What accounts for the difference (0+ / 0-)

between Obama versus Romney in each poll?

•  Comparison (1+ / 0-)
        itskevin

PPP - Obama 46-45
        40D, 37R, 23I
        46-52 disapprove (83, 8, 41 approve)
        67 White, 12 Black, 16 Hispanic
        18-29 16%
        30-45 22
        46-65 36
        65+    26

Q - Romney 47-40 (83, 4, 35 Obama)
        32D, 29R, 33I
        39-57 disapprove (75, 6, 37 approve)
        70 White, 12 Black, 14 Hispanic
        18-34 16%
        35-49 16
        50-64 35
        65+    29

by conspiracy on Thu Sep 29, 2011 at 01:14:59 PM PDT

•  Romney wins indies 44-35 in Q (0+ / 0-)

PPP has Obama up with indies 45-42.

by conspiracy on Thu Sep 29, 2011 at 01:24:01 PM PDT

•  The Obama vote according to PPP (0+ / 0-)

82D/7R/45I.