View Diary: First Officical Statement From #Occupy Wall Street (73 comments)

•  I think tone is more the issue + (20+ / 0-)

Maybe instead of dissin' it, just say: I like x,y and z - don't like A,B and C - I would include 1,2 and 3. And here's why.

If you support them, that's how supportive people behave.

Thousands of years ago the question was asked: 'Am I my brother's keeper?' That question has never yet been answered in a way that is satisfactory to civilized society. ~ Eugene V. Debs

by PlutocracyFiles on Sat Oct 01, 2011 at 04:48:30 PM PDT

•  Please don't lecture me. (0+ / 0-)

I support the protestors 100%. Why this anonymous group thinks they speak for all the people down there I do not get. And I think this document highlights immaturity. My thoughts.

•  Well - I don't mean to lecture but + (13+ / 0-)

You may be supportive, but you don't sound supportive. And since we're not mind readers, you come across as not supportive.

by PlutocracyFiles on Sat Oct 01, 2011 at 04:58:41 PM PDT

•  ?? Because I don't like this list (0+ / 0-)

you're accusing me of not being supportive? Do you realize how empty that is? Can I just ask you to trust me? I am really really really really supportive of these protests, and I have spent WAY too much time arguing with ppl about "Oh, what are the goals??" (Like Bob Fucking Cescca.) Fuck that. PPl with their asses out there deserve our support.

•  No, I'm not accusing you of not being supporting+ (7+ / 0-)

I'm saying you don't SOUND supportive. You opened with "Good God." That opener and the whole post SOUNDED not supportive. And then, when someone suggested you weren't supportive, you acted shocked. And then I suggested that the issue was tone and you said I was lecturing and....here were are.

If you think your posts SOUNDED supportive, I would say that you maybe don't have a good sense of how you come across to others.

Disagreeing is no problem - it's a question of tearing down or building up.

Of course, all of this is my opinion and really it was just a suggestion. And if you honestly feel you are coming across supportive, by all means - continue. But if you continually have people accusing you of not being supportive, it might be tone. Just sayin'...

by PlutocracyFiles on Sat Oct 01, 2011 at 05:17:42 PM PDT

•  no, because you keep making accusations about (1+ / 0-)
            p gorden lippy

who the people are who voted on this, without understanding that if the occupyboston web site published it, it had to have been sanctioned by a vast majority of the community there. the occupyboston web site has been sanctioned as the only official web site. What gets published there is agreed upon by everyone at the General Assembly.

So, disagree with the items, the presentation, whatever, but quit trying to delegitimize it as representative of the protesters there.

I was there for 3 days to get a sense of how they work. It's a very powerful thing. It is not perfect. But it is awesome. Rather than sit here belittling the validity of the list, you might try experiencing the process.

Please remember to Witness Revolution. It means so much to them that we pay attention.

by UnaSpenser on Sat Oct 01, 2011 at 09:26:44 PM PDT

•  the group is not anonymous. You can see them (2+ / 0-)
        bablhous, p gorden lippy

all on the livefeed.

There is a village which has coalesced there. Almost every person attends the General Assembly.

by UnaSpenser on Sat Oct 01, 2011 at 09:22:52 PM PDT

•  "They have purposely covered up oil spills, (0+ / 0-)

accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit."

"Inactive ingredients"? Here's a supportive suggestion: if that group wants to release written statements, get really good thinkers and writers to make them.

•  I know what they mean by inactive ingredients (3+ / 0-)
        VictorLaszlo, Little, p gorden lippy

(I think) but I had to think about it, and I bet a lot of people won't know.

(has to do with palming off "medicines" that aren't really medicines, selling them as something they aren't.)

Thing is, though, the list is so long that I don't think most people are going to get to that point.

Still, like I said elsewhere, I've been wrong about OWS before, so more power to them!

Being ignored is the difference between being a one percenter and an American.--sweeper

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Sat Oct 01, 2011 at 05:17:53 PM PDT

•  You have a point, but (1+ / 0-)
        Little

even though this protest is very well organized in some ways, this is still a very diverse group.

I'm sure that getting the group (or any sampling of representatives) to agree on anything is like herding cats.

It's kind of amazing that they did this well.

But I agree that it does sound a bit unprofessional in places.

"We come on a peace thing. White flag?" "White flag!"

by VictorLaszlo on Sat Oct 01, 2011 at 05:25:09 PM PDT