View Diary: Tell Us What You See (123 comments)

•  Sweet lord. I hope he listens to you honey. (2+ / 0-)
    Vetwife, worldlotus

He deserves and needs all the help they can provide.

I'm so, so, sorry he's going through this, and you with him.

Sending both of you much love, comfort, and strength.

"I want us to live up to her expectations. I want our democracy to be as good as she imagined it." President Obama

by Onomastic on Tue Oct 04, 2011 at 04:54:41 PM PDT

•  me too....doesn't look that way though (2+ / 0-)
      Onomastic, worldlotus

We the People have to make a difference and the Change.....Just do it ! Be part of helping us build a veteran community online. United Veterans of America

by Vetwife on Tue Oct 04, 2011 at 05:37:01 PM PDT

•  Is there someone, besides you, that he (2+ / 0-)
        Vetwife, worldlotus

will listen to? A brother or sister, a best friend, that can help convince him to go?

Sometimes, we're too easy to say "no" to.

by Onomastic on Tue Oct 04, 2011 at 05:50:17 PM PDT

•  Yes.So stubborn..said he will go (1+ / 0-)
          Onomastic

in the morning.  Bet he changes his mind as the night
          wears on.  Pain in his legs, shoulders, spine...hands.
          Thanks, He said he will go if it gets any worse. (rolling eyes).

by Vetwife on Tue Oct 04, 2011 at 06:26:03 PM PDT

•  Woke up thinking of you both. (0+ / 0-)

How is he this morning? How are you?

((((((((Vetwife)))))))

by Onomastic on Wed Oct 05, 2011 at 06:33:00 AM PDT

•  I am tired..Did not sleep much (1+ / 0-)
              Onomastic

and thank you for thinking of me.  I already told him...if the pain starts up severely again today... he will go to the hospital.   Surely they can do something.  He went by ambulance to the local one last week and was released with a prescription to go to the VA....60 miles away.....I have been all over the VA in Gainesville.  I got a social worker in the mix now rom about 30 miles away.
              I plan on calling her today.

Thank you for thinking of me this AM.
              I took my daighter to school and stopped by the store and found so many people wanting to tell a story.  They don't want to be filmed but they want to talk.  I think something is going to happen here with folks opening up.  A man told me aboutwhere 50 tents were hidden and where some go to the Dollar General to wash in the bathrooms.   I will be checking this story out as soon as I get Vet settled.

by Vetwife on Wed Oct 05, 2011 at 06:46:25 AM PDT

•  You ever want to talk PM me and we'll exchange (1+ / 0-)
                Vetwife

email addresses and phone numbers.

It sounds like you got very little sleep last night. Hope you can find time for a nap today. Lack of sleep only makes dealing with what's going on even worse.

Looking forward to hearing what you find out about the poor folks living in their tents. If they don't want to be filmed, could you do an audio recording? Just tape them talking?

Be careful please.

((((((((Vetwife)))))))

by Onomastic on Wed Oct 05, 2011 at 07:08:58 AM PDT

•  Thanks ...I may need to do that (1+ / 0-)
                  Onomastic

nap
                  exvhange numbers
                  and audio tape

(((((Hugs))))) back

oh and be careful......I want these stories heard !
                  Maybe we can start faxing to Congress and media ...(like they will do anything with it.)We will figure it out.

by Vetwife on Wed Oct 05, 2011 at 08:33:49 AM PDT