View Diary: Secret government panel can put Americans on 'kill list' (381 comments)

•  This is honestly nothing new. (0+ / 1-)
    Hidden by:
    Geekesque

Al Alwaki investigation can get in line behind the ones for MLK, Bobby Kennedy, JFK and Malcolm.

What? Our govt has been killing American citizens for a he'll of a long time.

Anybody surprised by that hasn't been paying attention.

I've become re-radicalized. Thanks a lot you bunch of oligarchical fascist sons-of-bitches. But once again, I have no choice. Bring it the fuck on.

by mdmslle on Thu Oct 06, 2011 at 10:41:06 AM PDT

•  Wow, all the really crazy folk are out today. (4+ / 0-)

Really? MLK, JFK - you are honestly going to sit there and put this terrorist-recruiting asshole in the same category as one of our greatest presidents and probably the single finest human being to ever draw breath?

Really? And with the conspiracy theory that our government killed those people to boot. Perhaps you believe the President was secretly born in Kenya, and the moon landing was faked?

•  Sanity??? Bullshit. (4+ / 0-)
        Robobagpiper, pot, Johnny Q, lotlizard

Our military is tasked with fighting hostile combatants. NOT those who cheer lead them. By your logic we should be carpet bombing everyone in the Northwest provinces of Pakistan.

"I will veto any bill that changes benefits for those who rely on Medicare but does not raise serious revenues." Uh, Mr. President, and if the bill DOES raise "serious revenues"?...

by WisePiper on Thu Oct 06, 2011 at 10:54:20 AM PDT

•  bullshit. (3+ / 0-)
          Pozzo, Seeds, Geekesque

The military's task is to defend this nation, and part of that defense includes the dismantling of the structure of organizations like Al Qaeda. Their head honchos don't get a pass. They are legitimate military targets. If your organization has declared war on the US (as Al Qaeda has), then guess what - you are at war with the US. If you're at war with the US, you're a legitimate military target for the US.

•  Funny, I remember the military's oath (1+ / 0-)
            Johnny Q

being to the Constitution, which states - with no exceptions - that no one be deprived of life without due process of law.

Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit. -Declaration of Arbroath

by Robobagpiper on Thu Oct 06, 2011 at 11:01:45 AM PDT

•  So, every soldier we kill must have a trial? (2+ / 0-)
              Seeds, Geekesque

He's the enemy, and we are at war. Is every soldier and every commander all the way back to the birth of our republic guilty of murder?

It doesn't matter that this guy was born here. What matters is that he was a member of an organization that we are at war with. He was actively recruiting people to murder American citizens. He's the enemy.

The military has the obligation to go kill him, given that he's the enemy.

•  By the way - (1+ / 0-)
                Seeds

When republicans scream that Liberals are terrorist sympathizers, crap like this gives their claims legitimacy.

You are actually sympathizing with a terrorist who belongs to an organization that has been at war with the US since the 90's.

•  Don't give them ideas. nt (1+ / 0-)
          WisePiper

Reality has a liberal bias.

by Hayate Yagami on Thu Oct 06, 2011 at 12:11:01 PM PDT

•  no i'm neither crazy nor putting them in the (0+ / 0-)

same category Why don't you try reading comprehension.

I SAID the US government has a long history of killing american citizens.

read much?

by mdmslle on Thu Oct 06, 2011 at 11:41:53 AM PDT

•  and BTW you can call it what you want. (0+ / 0-)

I don't have to prove anything to you. And though it's beneath me to say I'm don't believe any of your bullshit kenyan teabag bullshit and I resent the accusation.

If you don't think the US govt conspired to have certain leaders in this country killed when they represented the real threat to the status quo, you are hopelessly naive about this country, my dear.

by mdmslle on Thu Oct 06, 2011 at 11:44:14 AM PDT

•  and the worst thing about your stupid statement (1+ / 0-)
        Pozzo

is that i happen to AGREE with you that Alalwaki was rightfully dealt with. I personally would have no expectation of a guarantee of rights if I decided to go railing off and educating people about how to overthrow the US Govt. If that's the choice I were to make, it would be cowardly for me to insist on "american" rights when caught.

The only thing that troubles me about his killing is that there's a really wobbly definition of who's railing against the govt.

by mdmslle on Thu Oct 06, 2011 at 11:46:58 AM PDT

• Media (27)
  • Barack Obama (24)
  • Law (23)
  • Labor (23)
  • Spam (21)
  • Education (19)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (19)
  • International (18)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site