View Diary: Occupy Wall Street roundup, Day 21 (237 comments)

•  Um. No. THIS is different. THIS springs forth (1+ / 0-)
    COBALT1928

the REAL PAIN of millions who are unemployed or know and love people who are trulydestitute.  You seem removed from reality.  What are you?  Staff?  Rich?  It seems you don't want to see the reality of this uprising.  I'm 54 and this is completely different from the'60s and '70s.

This is not a fashion statement.

Freedom is just another word for no one left to screw. ~ Anonymous

by Saint Jimmy on Fri Oct 07, 2011 at 08:43:35 PM PDT

•  can I assume you responded to the wrong post too? (0+ / 0-)

Read it again.

•  No. Sure didn't. Nice try, Mr. Establishment. (0+ / 0-)

Freedom is just another word for no one left to screw. ~ Anonymous

by Saint Jimmy on Fri Oct 07, 2011 at 09:16:11 PM PDT

•  bwaaaaa ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (0+ / 0-)
          Nice try, Mr. Establishment

Now THAT is just too fucking funny for words . . . . .

See that link in my sigfile?  Click on it.

SURPRISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(snicker)  (giggle)

•  So what? Is a nice collection of books supposed to (0+ / 0-)

mean something to us?  This is REAL.  Ok?  It is not an academic exercise or a graduate fuckin' seminar at NYU.  Fuckin' got that?  THIS is Hendrix and Trower, not the pansy ass bee gees.  Heads will roll.

Freedom is just another word for no one left to screw. ~ Anonymous

by Saint Jimmy on Fri Oct 07, 2011 at 09:39:09 PM PDT

•  yeah I know--I was there yesterday in Tampa (0+ / 0-)

I'm helping plan next week's action here.

And thanks for yet again missing the point. Didn't read quite far enough, didja . . . (snicker)  (giggle)

•  Well, good luck. If your heart is in the right (0+ / 0-)

place, I'm with you.

Why so unforgiving and why so cold? been a long time crossing bridge of sighs.... ~ Robin Trower

by Saint Jimmy on Fri Oct 07, 2011 at 09:55:22 PM PDT

•  gee, that only took . . . what . . . an hour and (0+ / 0-)

ten minutes . . . . . .

Next time READ before you shoot your mouth off.

"Mr Establishment", indeed.  What a buffoon . . . .

My heart has, uh, "been in the right place" since my very first rally back in 1983, when Grenada got invaded. And it was still in the right place when I went to Nicaragua during the Contra war, when I organized for Greenpeace and the Sierra Club, when I was active in the South Africa divestment and Central American sanctuary movements, and when I organized workers for the SEIU and the IWW. Among other things.

•  I understand. Don't judge me too harshly. (0+ / 0-)

I've given a lot, too....  I won't defiantly describe it all here.  Maybe some day.  I'm so angry, at times.  Ok?  I've seen a lot.  Some tell me I've seen and heard too much.  I know.  There is no gratitude.  No thanks.  Nothing.  For what I've done, I don't get any shiny medals or ribbons.  It was important but unseen and not on the news.  I know....

by Saint Jimmy on Fri Oct 07, 2011 at 10:09:24 PM PDT

•  whoa, i don't think Lenny is establishment (0+ / 0-)

could be wrong, of course, the internet is a weird place

Being ignored is the difference between being a one percenter and an American.--sweeper

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Sat Oct 08, 2011 at 02:36:41 PM PDT

•  it seems rather harsh to dismiss the struggles (0+ / 0-)

of the 60s and 70s as "not real" or not involving real pain, when people died in those struggles.

I think Civil Rights and the war were very real struggles.  But I was an infant in arms, so I can't really speak to it; maybe it was all just a "fashion statement."

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Sat Oct 08, 2011 at 02:38:05 PM PDT

• Republicans (26)
  • Media (25)
  • Civil Rights (24)
  • Barack Obama (24)
  • Education (22)
  • Law (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Economy (19)
  • Congress (17)
  • Labor (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site