View Diary: San Jose: Millions Withdrawn from Bank of America and Wells Fargo! (288 comments)

•  Local bank in Nashville (7+ / 0-)

They're charging ATM/debit card fees, regardless of balance.  They'll charge it, $5 per month, no matter what.  It's got me thinking about moving to a credit union myself.

Grab all the joy you can. (exmearden 8/10/09)

by Land of Enchantment on Thu Oct 13, 2011 at 07:55:58 AM PDT

•  You're just thinking about it? (2+ / 0-)
      marsanges, Old Gardener

It's time for action. Just do it!

Links at end of diary to help you do research.

"I mean, it -- I mean -- and I tell somebody, I said, just because you have a group of scientists that have stood up and said here is the fact, Galileo got outvoted for a spell." -- Rick Perry, 9/7/11

by Senor Unoball on Thu Oct 13, 2011 at 08:10:04 AM PDT

•  I'm thinking I'll do that. (5+ / 0-)

I don't have any automatic EFT's set up at that bank.  (I also have an account in NM that shows to be suitably regional in NM.  Good thing because I know the people at the branch, and like them.  They've always been helpful over the years with the various accounts I've been attached to:  Power of attorney for an Alzheimer's patient; Treasurer of the irrigation district (complete with litigation and chaos), so I'm glad to stick with them.  Plus I've got several accounts on EFT there (electric bill and the like) so it would be a bigger chore to change it.

Move my Money website doesn't include a Credit Union I know of in my NM town.  At any rate:  I learned about that from the comments here.  I'd recommend a link right in your diary, too.  I'd have got to it faster, had it been there.  As it is, this has only been on my radar screen for a few minutes.  I've only got till tomorrow to get my taxes done, so moving the bank account will have to wait until next week.  That'll just have to be soon enough.

Grab all the joy you can. (exmearden 8/10/09)

by Land of Enchantment on Thu Oct 13, 2011 at 08:22:31 AM PDT

•  New Mexico Credit Unions (4+ / 0-)

In icebergslim's diary of last month, he provides a link to credit unions in all states.

Maybe this site lists one near you in New Mexico.

by Senor Unoball on Thu Oct 13, 2011 at 08:27:53 AM PDT

•  NM not an issue (2+ / 0-)
            Senor Unoball, Odysseus

My local bank there passes muster.  I'm p/t in two locations.  It's Nashville where the change is required.  One of the banks suggested by Move My Money just got bought by another bank.  I'm going to have to do some researches.  (After I do my taxes.)

And I think, actually, that going into a bank and explaining what's motivating me might be good.  Interview them.  Make them sell me on why/how they're a good local citizen bank, not part of the problem.

I'll even leave my bongo drums home!  (< /snark> since I don't have any.)

Grab all the joy you can. (exmearden 8/10/09)

by Land of Enchantment on Thu Oct 13, 2011 at 08:59:18 AM PDT

•  Nevermind (3+ / 0-)

It is there.  I didn't see it even when I looked for it.  Getting a slow, groggy start to the day.  Sorry!

Grab all the joy you can. (exmearden 8/10/09)

by Land of Enchantment on Thu Oct 13, 2011 at 08:23:56 AM PDT