View Diary: What Have I Done to Ohio? (17 comments)

•  Well I Think You Throw Us Out of Betty Sutton's (0+ / 0-)

D district into an R with a bunch of the South-of-Ohio-Mason-Dixon-Liners. I am NOT a happy camper.

Obama 08 is not at all relevant to Ohio. You should probably look at 2010.

by Gooserock on Sat Oct 15, 2011 at 05:24:36 PM PDT

•  Not at all relevant? (2+ / 0-)
      Skaje, jncca

I do know enough about Ohio to know that that's wrong. It isn't the final word, and the pattern is a little different from before, but it's surely relevant.

In any case, you may also refer to the statewide averages for a different picture (I believe the averages represent all statewide races in 2008; not what I would have chosen, but. . .)

Ok, so I read the polls.

by andgarden on Sat Oct 15, 2011 at 05:27:30 PM PDT

•  Also, I think Sutton could plausibly win my 16 (0+ / 0-)

But I don't know exactly where she lives.

Ok, so I read the polls.

by andgarden on Sat Oct 15, 2011 at 05:28:39 PM PDT

•  She lives in Copley (1+ / 0-)
        andgarden

It is in western Summit County so it is in the 16th district. As for the 16th district, I like from a pro Democratic perspective because Akron is able to neutralize the Republican areas in Medina and Holmes Counties. I am a little worried about the COI though by combining inner city Akron with those areas. Still, it is difficult to put Akron in one district that represents its COIs and splitting Akron would be a bad idea.

As for the rest of the map though, I really like it. It definitely respects COIs. I like how Cinncinati and Columbus are drawn. I am not 100% sure if Canton and Athens should be in the same district though.

For more election analysis and redistricting maps, check out my blog http://racesandredistricting.blogspot.com/

by Alibguy on Sat Oct 15, 2011 at 06:06:15 PM PDT

•  Thanks (1+ / 0-)
          Alibguy

Ok, so I read the polls.

by andgarden on Sat Oct 15, 2011 at 06:08:12 PM PDT

•  BTW, if I'm going to be honest, the 11th (0+ / 0-)

was one district where I wasn't exactly playing down the middle. I wanted to make Athens, um, useful. . .

Ok, so I read the polls.

by andgarden on Sat Oct 15, 2011 at 06:09:11 PM PDT

•  It's fine (2+ / 0-)
            andgarden, nycyoungin

I like that district from a pro Democratic perspective. You  could make a good argument though for putting Canton in the 11th district because it also combines the industrial counties on the Ohio River like Belmont which are similar to Canton.

by Alibguy on Sat Oct 15, 2011 at 06:18:21 PM PDT

• Recommended (132)
  • Community (65)
  • Media (32)
  • Elections (32)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (31)
  • 2016 (29)
  • Science (21)
  • Labor (20)
  • Economy (19)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Bernie Sanders (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site