View Diary: BREAKING-D.C. Citibank-Occupied (117 comments)

•  Just ignore the high interest rates on bank cards (7+ / 0-)

and the dozens of types of gouging fees.  Poor Citigroup must have horrendous business 'expenses' to offset all the double digit interest earnings on charge cards, student loans, mortgages. even with their cost of funds hitting the near outrageous 0% interest rate from 'the Fed'.  You have to wonder if they really have the business 'know how' to be a bank if they can't make enough profits to pay taxes in this sort of environment...or if the tax regulations have been so corrupted by Congress that it's legalized theft from tax payers and consumers.

They probably think 'the Fed' really ought to pay them to borrow the tax payers' money as well as being able to earn big interest against it.  What a strange reward which we US tax-payers and consumers get for going into debt and bailing out this 'too big to fail' bank!!  My gosh, you'd think they'd offer some sort of mortgage readjustment program or something special loan forgiveness program to say thank you to us, or forestall the further decline of the economy and help save themselves too.

And let this be a lesson to sharp MBA types--being able to lead the bank in accomplishing all this will result in massive bonuses to the top bank management and big dividends to shareholders.  It's a massive Win Win Win Lose deal for management, shareholders, politicians and the slighted consumer/tax payers.  And as for tax payers, maybe your Treasury gets paid back, but not with any record sort of interest or bonuses or big thank yous for the rescue, and nothing is repaid to you directly for your imposed upon generosity.

It's really the total lack of public gratitude expressed to the by the banks which astonishes me, and no recognition from shareholder resolutions.

It seemss this top 1% elitists presumed their massive rescue from horrendous implosion of their wealth is simply the way things are supposed to work, and have to work, especially given their investments in Congress and government branches.  We simply couldn't allow them to fail (or be allowed to let them fail), no matter what, so there is no need to thank us--and in the name of great business sense just jack up our rates and fees, again, and again.

And then we are asked to call them Job-Creators and inspiring business leaders and key partners with political party candidates.  Along with them being key partners with the NYPD's security system...it's almost like they fear 'average' people figuring out they are the real danger and biggest crooks in our economic system and had to hijack the NYPD police force and its thousands of surveillance cameras and private security, just to keep them secure from any possible expression of public criticism or outrage.

Get thee and thy cash and loans to a Credit Union and encourage family and friends to do the same!

When life gives you wingnuts, make wingnut butter!

by antirove on Thu Oct 20, 2011 at 11:12:54 AM PDT

•  tomorrow or early next week (6+ / 0-)

want to get in before the national day of moving money as I'm guessing the PTB are planning resistance and harassment for that day.

Being ignored is the difference between being a one percenter and an American.--sweeper

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Thu Oct 20, 2011 at 11:45:21 AM PDT

•  I've already opened my CU account (12+ / 0-)

I HAVE to wait until my direct deposit goes through before closing the bank account though.

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.

by Horace Boothroyd III on Thu Oct 20, 2011 at 11:50:01 AM PDT

•  Hooray for you, Horace! (1+ / 0-)
          Horace Boothroyd III

Hmm.  Maybe that would be a good title for a kids' book:
          Hooray for Horace!

I miss the days when people named their children for classical writers and characters.  I knew twins named Homer and Helen.  The Virgils/Vergils I knew have gone to their rest.

And Hector.  There was a hero.

Ulysses S. Grant.  Ten points if you know what S. stands for.  (Simpson - his mother's maiden name.)  Grant was a pretty disappointing president, though.

Now kids are often named for birds, animals, plants, mountains, towns and cities in remote areas.  I guess that's cool.

As my little friend Sequoia told me: My name has all of the vowels in it!

Anyway, you're always on top of things and alert us, so Hooray for you, Horace!  Thanks!

I have no help to send. Therefore I must go myself. Aragorn

by Old Gardener on Thu Oct 20, 2011 at 01:37:18 PM PDT

•  Opened my CU account this week. Changing the (0+ / 0-)

direct deposit over next week.  I, too, think I might try to completely close out the Chase account before the 5th as I'm starting to think there may be some shenanigans pulled by the big boys in an effort to intimidate and harass.

End the wars! Single payer now!

by HCKAD on Thu Oct 20, 2011 at 03:14:16 PM PDT

•  BOA charges me 27.99 percent. (8+ / 0-)

My girlfriend is lending me money to pay them off and burn the cards. I already closed one. I paid it in full, then 10 days later I noticed a new charge. It was interest. I said WTF? So I called. They said they charged me interest because I did not pay off my credit card in full two months in a row. If you don't pay in full two months in a row they will still charge you interest. Fuckers.

•  How is that even legal? nt (1+ / 0-)
        mrkvica

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.

by Horace Boothroyd III on Thu Oct 20, 2011 at 01:39:08 PM PDT

•  EVIL. (1+ / 0-)
        mrkvica

Congratulations on paying off the one account...or at least getting to within a month of closing it out.  Unless they think of some other way to extort money from you.

I have no help to send. Therefore I must go myself. Aragorn

by Old Gardener on Thu Oct 20, 2011 at 01:39:46 PM PDT

•  Just watch--your 'credit scores' go DOWN because (1+ / 0-)
        KateCrashes

you've recently closed lines of credit, or attempted to, and may be trying to pay off your debts instead of remaining a reliable source of interest payments, and appear to be trying to walk away from your primary banking institution.  This kind of inconsiderate (of bankers) consumer disloyalty can only be rewarded with credit score dings.  And this could affect your eligibility for jobs where employers are using your credit scores to hire those with depressed scores, or to fire those flagged as having declining scores.

When life gives you wingnuts, make wingnut butter!

by antirove on Thu Oct 20, 2011 at 02:18:54 PM PDT