View Diary: Immigration Uproar (61 comments)

•  False equivalence. (0+ / 0-)

The GOP'ers and their minions have done far worse damage to the country than any blocking of comprehensive immigration reform that those from the left might be doing. Lack of employer oversight allows the exploitation of these workers...and that sure ain't Democratic doing.

Justified anger does not grant you unrestricted license.

by GoGoGoEverton on Wed Oct 26, 2011 at 06:13:38 AM PDT

•  I'm Not Sure What You Are Trying To Say Here (1+ / 0-)
      bdevil89

Sure it is, I can make the case all day long that the Democratic Party doesn't want employer enforcement of immigration law anymore then the Republican Party does -- they simply don't want it for a different reason.

Quick Guide to Kennedy- McCain Immigration Bill

Two Random Responses On The Subject Of Illegal Immigration

"There Is No Legal Path For Mexicans"

I won't be coming home tonight, my generation will put it right - Genesis 9:3

by superscalar on Wed Oct 26, 2011 at 06:31:53 AM PDT

•  Here's An Example (1+ / 0-)
        bdevil89

Cecilia Muñoz is the Director of Intergovernmental Affairs at the White House. Prior to her post with the Obama administration Cecilia Muñoz was Senior Vice President for the Office of Research, Advocacy and Legislation at the National Council of La Raza.

The National Council of La Raza has been a consistent opponent of employer enforcement of immigration law since the 1986 IRCA (because they know that the crux of the biscuit is, if you are going to make it practically impossible for the illegal immigrant to work in the U.S. you may as well deport them).

Do you think that Cecilia Muñoz is counseling President Obama that we need strong employer enforcement of immigration law?

I won't be coming home tonight, my generation will put it right - Genesis 9:3

by superscalar on Wed Oct 26, 2011 at 06:43:49 AM PDT

•  Are you really using someone in Obama's cabinet (1+ / 0-)
          VClib

as a representative of the liberal/progressive body as a whole? Really?

Justified anger does not grant you unrestricted license.

by GoGoGoEverton on Wed Oct 26, 2011 at 06:51:04 AM PDT

•  I'm Using Cecilia Muñoz As An Example (2+ / 0-)
            VClib, bdevil89

Of a group of individuals who, in the past and for the foreseeable future shape and create public policy ... Really.

I won't be coming home tonight, my generation will put it right - Genesis 9:3

by superscalar on Wed Oct 26, 2011 at 06:54:22 AM PDT

•  You're Also BSing.... (0+ / 0-)

...and taking Cecilia's position to be what you assume it to be. Basically demonizing her as a shill for oligarchs exploiting her own people. I'd call that close to blood libel.

"I never met a man I didn't like." Will Rogers - American Redneck