View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: Republican Rob Cornilles jogs through wrong district in new ad (74 comments)

•  There's nothing wrong with that OR-01 ad. (1+ / 0-)
    cloudbustingkid

Who cares if he was standing in OR-03; it's where he needed to stand to take the footage of OR-01 he wanted.  The critique of the ad seems a bit silly.

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

by bigtimecynic on Wed Oct 26, 2011 at 06:43:36 AM PDT

•  It won't, it just is out-of-place (1+ / 0-)
      James Allen

He's not even likely to win, anyway.

'An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.' -Mahatma Gandhi

by KingofSpades on Wed Oct 26, 2011 at 07:09:37 AM PDT

•  What's silly is to film in the wrong place (0+ / 0-)

I don't know, I think if you're going to make a bunch of statements about how superior you are to run in a district, you should at least get the details right. It's minor, which means it's not worth a defense. It's a silly mistake, it should be called as such.

25, Male, CA-24, DK Elections Black Caucus Chair.

by DrPhillips on Wed Oct 26, 2011 at 07:16:05 AM PDT

•  The problem is (2+ / 0-)
        James Allen, itskevin

that I doubt most voters even have a clue what's in the district and what isn't.

That's why it almost never matters whether a candidate lives within the borders or not (for political reasons, anyway).

Ok, so I read the polls.

by andgarden on Wed Oct 26, 2011 at 07:20:45 AM PDT

•  A friend of mine worked a campaign years ago (4+ / 0-)

In Michigan. The media firm wanted to shoot an ad with the Detroit skyline in the background. The problem is that you generally have to be in Canada for that to be possible. My friend objected; they filmed the ad anyway. When it ran, people commented that it looked like the candidate was having a picnic lunch with his family in Canada.

No, none of this is a big deal. But OR-01 is a geographically huge district which, among other things, also has some beautiful coastline. It wouldn't have been hard for Cornilles to shoot an ad in the right district.

Political Director, Daily Kos

by David Nir on Wed Oct 26, 2011 at 08:31:02 AM PDT

•  it was mostly tongue in cheek because (2+ / 0-)
      andgarden, itskevin

Scott Brown's campaign has been hammering Elizabeth Warren on minor geographical issues (which she hasn't even gotten that wrong).

I changed by not changing at all, small town predicts my fate, perhaps that's what no one wants to see. -6.38, -4.15

by James Allen on Wed Oct 26, 2011 at 08:38:09 AM PDT

•  When asked about this ad... (2+ / 0-)
      James Allen, itskevin

Cornilles reportedly replied, "Actually, I really wanted to represent the third. It's a way better district than the first. I wouldn't cross the river if you paid me a million dollars. But the third was too Democratic, so I had to settle."

21, male, RI-01 (voting) IL-01 (college), hopeless Swingnut

by sapelcovits on Wed Oct 26, 2011 at 09:14:35 AM PDT

•  luckily for him he does get paid (0+ / 0-)

a million dollars.