View Diary: Clint Eastwood Doesn’t Give A F*ck About Gay Marriage (221 comments)

•  You two should really broaden your horizons (7+ / 0-)

Grab yourselves some tasty Stone Brews:  Arrogant Bastard, Stone IPA, or even some Ruination.

If you're more into the dark side of things try a little Deschutte's Obsidian Stout, Brooklyn Chocolate Stout, or Sam Smith's Taddy Porter.

Hopefully you and @vacantlook are open to new experiences and will heed my advice and recommendations.

"Religion and Government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together" - James Madison

by SierraDrinker on Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 11:37:13 AM PST

•  I live in Maine. We have some of the best (6+ / 0-)

beer in the country. I'll be exploring it at the beer festival, as I am wont to do. We have excellent beer in New England, and especially good beer here in Maine.

Capitalism may be our enemy, but it is also our teacher. --V.I. Lenin equalitymaine.org

by commonmass on Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 12:00:51 PM PST

•  Having spent two years in Boston (8+ / 0-)

I'm well aware of the selection of tasty brews in New England.  Sadness befalls me every time I read about another batch of Kate the Great being released, and every June I cry a little when I read about the beerfest put on by the Astrom brothers.

Pray for me @commonmass as I am now in a frozen tundra wasteland (Calgary) filled with crappy beer and surrounded by people who believe Budweiser is the best America has to offer.

That said, gay marriage is 100% legal here and recognized by federal and provincial governments.

by SierraDrinker on Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 12:17:42 PM PST

•  Wanna get married? (3+ / 0-)
          llbear, jayden, kyril

You get me the work permit, I'll bring the beer. Of course, I would have to introduce you to my relatives in Ontario, you know, before they would actually come to the wedding.

by commonmass on Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 12:30:33 PM PST

•  The things I'll do for a good beer (3+ / 0-)

Sadly polygamy is not yet legal in Canada and my wife would have some serious objections.

Then again, she enjoys tasty beers too and if I tell her that she never has to go down on me again, she might go for it.

by SierraDrinker on Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 02:10:59 PM PST

•  Surely Alberta's got some okay microbrews? (2+ / 0-)
          commonmass, kyril

I mean, in Quebec you've got Maudite, Fin du Monde, Boreal Blonde, Rousse, etc. .... Ontario has Rickards, Sleemans, Creemore, Upper Canada Rebellion... Surely Albertans have produced some halfway decent brews.

Nothing requires a greater effort of thought than arguments to justify the rule of non-thought. -- Milan Kundera

by Dale on Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 01:27:04 PM PST

•  One would think (2+ / 0-)
            commonmass, kyril

And there are a few good tasty brews, but the selection is limited.  After years of resisting the Belgian style I'm starting to develop a taste for it and thus have come to appreciate Unibroue (Fin du Monde).  Creemore is a good lager, but I wouldn't be too proud of Sleeman and Rickards.

Wild Rose Brewing is the best Calgary has to offer.  Big Rock's McNally's Ale is passable.

Sadly there just isn't the selection and I miss my having my beloved Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on tap @ $4.00 a pint.

FYI, Anchor Steam is $14 for a six pack, Rogue Dead Guy Ale is $18 a six pack.

I miss the U.S. sometimes.  Then I remember there's 9.1% unemployment, I have guaranteed health insurance, and the Tories are liberal hippy's compared to the Rebublicans in the States.

by SierraDrinker on Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 02:07:34 PM PST

•  Damn straight. Er, I mean, damn right. (3+ / 0-)
        commonmass, Jay C, kyril

Allegash White. Peeper's by the Maine Brewing Company. Geary's, Gritty's, etc. Lots of good stuff.

by Dale on Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 01:25:20 PM PST

•  Ah, Spring Peeper Ale. (0+ / 0-)

Good stuff.

Between that and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, you guys are hitting some of my top beers.

Regards,
          Corporate Dog

-----
          We didn't elect Obama to be an expedient president. We elected him to be a great one. -- Eugene Robinson

by Corporate Dog on Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 07:03:01 PM PST

•  Common, I think Sierra was oh-so-subtly ... (1+ / 0-)
        kyril

... telling you and Vacant to GET A ROOM!

A tumbrel remark is an unguarded comment by an uncontrollably rich person, of such crass insensitivity that it makes the workers and peasants think of lampposts and guillotines. ~ Christopher Hitchens

by The Werewolf Prophet on Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 04:11:29 PM PST

•  My options are always limited... (1+ / 0-)
      kyril

...by what I can find in the store, and I don't think I've ever seen any of those.

•  Love Deschutte's Obsidian Stout (1+ / 0-)
      SierraDrinker

Once you go black, you never go back!

"Anything that diminishes the humanity of anybody, seems to me, to be violently opposed to the essence of the Christ figure that I understand in the New Testament." - Bishop John Shelby Spong

by TigerMom on Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 07:27:43 PM PST

•  Try the Black Butte Porter n/t (1+ / 0-)
        TigerMom

by SierraDrinker on Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 11:08:21 PM PST

•  Oh, I have my dear! (0+ / 0-)

I love both Deschutte's porter and stout.  They are fine brews!

by TigerMom on Tue Nov 08, 2011 at 08:17:08 PM PST