View Diary: The Nuclear Option is Coming. Are you ready? (140 comments)

•  Robert C. Byrd was on a local talk show... (none)
    ...and you could almost hear him levitaing above his chair when he discussed limitations on debate.  He was his usual passionate, articulate, scholarly self, and you can be sure that the filibuster will be outlawed over his dead body.

They don't want their kids to pray in school. They want your kids to pray in school!

by roxtar on Sat Apr 02, 2005 at 10:25:39 AM PST

•  In My Movie Plot (none)
      Senator Byrd literally goes ballistic on the floor of the senate, pulling out a WWII era Army issue revolver and taking out the republic majority single...well double handedly.

He at least gets Santorum and Frist before the Sgt at Arms takes him down.

We the undersigned urge you to support Federal funding for research using human pluripotent stem cells. -80 Nobel Laureates to Pres. Bush

by easong on Sat Apr 02, 2005 at 10:30:01 AM PST

•  I assume... (none)
        ...that film is the darker version of Mr Smith Goes To Washington?

I'm not part of a redneck agenda - Green Day

by eugene on Sat Apr 02, 2005 at 10:46:32 AM PST

•  Byrd Shouts As He Guns Down Santorum (none)
          "I haven't fired this many shots since I rode with the White Knights...and I won't have to live with a lifetime of regret about it this time...die fascist...you too, sonny boy."

by easong on Sat Apr 02, 2005 at 10:49:28 AM PST

•  Giddyup (none)
            You should add that he rides onto the Senate Floor on a horse as I would love to see the horse shit all over the Republican side of the aisle for a touch of comedic justice.

We choose hope over despair; possibilities over problems, optimism over cynicism.-John Edwards

by wishingwell on Sat Apr 02, 2005 at 11:00:31 AM PST

•  Like Byrd to get cheny too n/t (none)
              •  I'd like to urge caution. (4.00)
                I know that no one here actually intends harm to anyone, but wishing for someone to "get" the sitting vice president of the United States could be interpreted by some as a threat. In addition, in another comment a few days ago, a commenter laid out a fictional scenario in which fundamentalists assasinated the president.

I know these comments are not intended as a genuine threat to anyone, but as a recent diary pointed out, there are those out there who are looking for excuses to make life hell for Democrats. I just don't want anyone here to be harrassed by this administration for having made an off-the-cuff statement.

Having said that, everyone here is capable of making their own decisions, so I understand that each individual has to make up his or her own mind about this.

•  Not a Threat (none)
                  Only a movie script, and only in my mind, and I don't even own a gun nor do I plan to. Nor would I encourage Senator Byrd to open up on the floor of the U.S. Senate. Like he needs my advice on that matter.

by easong on Sat Apr 02, 2005 at 04:50:54 PM PST

•  Yes use caution (none)
                  We are jokin but you are very wise, it is best to use common sense and caution and be very clear we are joking.   As none of us would ever harm anyone physically for any reason, most of us..and surely we are mostly all very nonviolent and leave our lives as such.

by wishingwell on Sat Apr 02, 2005 at 05:21:42 PM PST