View Diary: Occupy DailyKos: Solutions Working Group (120 comments)

•  jeebus on a pony! (or was it pogo stick?) (1+ / 0-)
    Roger Fox

your comment is beyond words to reply.

[other than sheer stupidity, arrogance, idiocy, and total naivete!]

do you REALLY have such a poor understanding of how the senate works?  of who is blocking legislation? of mitch mcconnell's stated purpose of the republican party (to get obama defeated by stalling all bills and laws?)

do you not GET that it isn't the "senate" that is the problem - it is the REPUBLICANS?!?!  (same goes for the house - you know, that body the REPUBLICANS took over in 2010 because people were "p*ssed off" at the democrats (supposedly) and didn't bother to vote because "all politicians are the same" bs?

so, nothing gets done in congress because of the REPUBLICANS - and you still don't "get" that?

that is what is wrong with this movement and so many posters here - sweeping generalizations without understanding of consequences.

sheer ignorance and stupidity is what gives us the situation we're in now - a stalemated government.  and who is causing the stalemate?

one guess.  and the word starts with "R"...

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Sun Nov 27, 2011 at 12:00:09 PM PST

•  Are you fucking kidding me? (0+ / 0-)

First of all, go to hell, I know how the senate works.  I know what the filibuster is, and I know how it's being used.

What's more, I know how the Senate is supposed to work and I don't like it.    It's supposed to act as a counterbalance to the House, so that rural states don't get ignored when passing legislation.  Well, we've had 200+ years of being held back by rural states, and it's time we stop that.  My state could be a stand alone country but we have the same voting rights as Wyoming population 98,000 .  Those same people who elect politicians to use Senate rules to create gridlock in the government which distributes money disportionately to those very same states.  Oh, and which states do Republicans tend to come from?  Oh, yeah.  And what about the Democrats that do get elected in places like Nebraska, or West Virginia?  Those guys suck too.

And looking around the world, I don't see a whole ton of countries adopting bicameral legislatures, I wonder why?  Is it because they are naive or stupid?  Or is it because they know something we don't?

That's not a pox on both their houses argument.  The Founding Fathers made a mistake (amongst many others) and I'd like to fix it.  Jerk.

I am not interested in arguing about Barack Obama

by satanicpanic on Sun Nov 27, 2011 at 03:20:01 PM PST

•  ah, so your goal is to do away with our form (1+ / 0-)
        Roger Fox

of government.

that's what ows is about then?

really?  we should take a poll of all those who have attended - the veterans, the union members, the seniors, the former police chief, the...

oh, nevermind.

why am i bothering talking to you - done here.

ta ta...

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Sun Nov 27, 2011 at 05:27:28 PM PST

•  You're an ass. (0+ / 0-)

The diarist asked for ideas.  I gave one.  I am speaking for myself only and if my idea doesn't carry the day, then it doesn't.  I admitted it probably wouldn't be popular in my own post, so way to not read.  Now you're trying to change the subject and create another strawman because you clearly don't know what you're talking about.  Nice work, putz.

I am not interested in arguing about Barack Obama

by satanicpanic on Sun Nov 27, 2011 at 06:54:37 PM PST

•  your rude insults are pathetic - and inaccurate (0+ / 0-)

to be a "putz" - i'd have to be male.

you have no argument.  all you have are rude insults and petty temper tantrums when someone challenges the "solutions" you propose as being totally fallacious.

you are not winning any hearts and minds with your attitude, nor are you winning any arguments here.

try discussion - it is more productive than simply hurling childish insults at 66 year old women.

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Sun Nov 27, 2011 at 08:18:33 PM PST

•  Hating and punishing are not really good policy (0+ / 0-)

Understanding what worked in eras past can help us develop a plan going forward- that does work.

FDR 9-23-33, "If we cannot do this one way, we will do it another way. But do it we will.

by Roger Fox on Sun Nov 27, 2011 at 03:21:40 PM PST

•  Who are you implying that I'm (0+ / 0-)

hating and punishing?

I am not interested in arguing about Barack Obama

by satanicpanic on Sun Nov 27, 2011 at 04:10:56 PM PST

•  anybody that holds differing values than you - (0+ / 0-)

like the AMERICANS who live in rural states and areas.

perhaps you'd just like YOUR elite running things since you show such disdain for the country folk who happen to be more conservative than you are.

sheesh.  i've never seen such arrogance! perhaps you'd like YOUR elite in charge instead of representing the entire nation... or does only YOUR big state count?

i've lived both in ny and now in california and i don't feel that any large state has the right to tell a rural state what the specific issues for those states might be.

the needs are different.  you SHOULD know that - or are you one of the folks who think that no one should own a car because of pollution - let them take "public transportation" (which, of course, isn't feasible in nebraska, montana, the dakotas, arizona, etc., outside the city limits).

your statement is mindboggling in the ignorance and self-centeredness displayed within it.

What's more, I know how the Senate is supposed to work and I don't like it.    It's supposed to act as a counterbalance to the House, so that rural states don't get ignored when passing legislation.     Well, we've had 200+ years of being held back by rural states, and it's time we stop that.  My state could be a stand alone country but we have the same voting rights as Wyoming population 98,000.  Those same people who elect politicians to use Senate rules to create gridlock in the government which distributes money disportionately to those very same states.  Oh, and which states do Republicans tend to come from?  Oh, yeah.  And what about the Democrats that do get elected in places like Nebraska, or West Virginia?  Those guys suck too.

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Sun Nov 27, 2011 at 05:35:59 PM PST

•  Oh grow up. (0+ / 0-)

I have met some idiots on DKos but you are almost tops.  Don't try to lecture me about country folk, you don't know where I came from.

Who elects Repulicans?  Who elects conservative Democrats?  Oh, that's right, rural people!  The Republicans who you said yourself are the problem with our country are elected by the same people you're suddenly stepping up to defend.  They know what they're doing when the elect Republicans, they want gridlock.  So who are you to tell them that they shouldn't want that?

Or are you just trying to say that the only people in the USA who  can be called out, without being arrogant or elitist, are those lazy Democrats who didn't vote in 2010?

If only those hippies would do whatever it is you say, then things would be better.   You have a lot of nerve calling me arrogant.

I am not interested in arguing about Barack Obama

by satanicpanic on Sun Nov 27, 2011 at 07:06:34 PM PST

•  oh, goody - the "hippie" excuse again. (0+ / 0-)

so your solution is to deny anyone from rural america who happens to be conservative the right to a voice in government?

oh wow.  just wow.

in MY day (of the REAL hippie movement), we sought to educate those voters and to show them how it was in their best interests to vote democratic and why it would affect them.  sorry, you don't get to usurp what my generation did and how we did it.  this ows is a pathetic charade of what many THINK the hippie generation was all about - and it is wrong.

again, study history - it is your friend.

i guess your new and better way is to just disenfranchise them (rural states and their citizens) completely because they dare to differ with your opinions.

wild guess here  - i'm betting you're from california now.

btw, so am i.

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Sun Nov 27, 2011 at 08:16:12 PM PST

•  What are you talking about? (0+ / 0-)
                new and better way is to just disenfranchise them

Good grief, not letting them have disproportional voting rights is not disenfranchising them.  If that were the case, then the rest of us are being disenfranchised.  They would have exactly the same voice as the rest of us.  It's not that hard to understand.  I guess we could make them not drive cars (?), because everyone I know wants to take away their cars.  (and their guns and religion too!!)

I am using the term "hippie" ironically.

Remember how the hippies were so successful at educating people that America voted for Richard Nixon (!) twice (!)?   You know, silent majority and all.

I am not interested in arguing about Barack Obama

by satanicpanic on Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 12:05:59 AM PST

•  some day i'll share with you why nixon won... (0+ / 0-)

i worked the campaign in the ny office - we were second only to d.c. and d.c. kept calling ME for supplies (literature, buttons, etc.).

there were concrete reasons we lost that election and it took me decades to admit that we deserved to lose it.

if that was how mcgovern ran a campaign, god help us, he would not have been able to run a nation!

Is GlowNZ back yet?