View Diary: hey, kos - about that third party rule... (197 comments)

•  what is your purpose in posting in this diary? (1+ / 0-)
    Deep Texan

you are trying to start a flame war - please stop.

as kos has noted, when a diarist - ANY diarist - asks that this type of behavior be kept out of the diary, the person who is trying to foment trouble may be hr'd.

i am not going to hr you but i would hope that if you continue, others will.

please either join in the topic being discussed and stop trying to make this personal or leave the diary altogether.

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 10:29:36 AM PST

•  You introduced the nastiness, as several (1+ / 0-)
      quince

have pointed out.

But go ahead and tell on me to kos if you want to.

This diary is dead now though - and I'm leaving it.

•  i believe you have missed the amazing (0+ / 0-)

diary that has had people agreeing on many things - people who have not before.

i am sorry you have such a negative attitude - i'd rather discuss issues with you and any one else here than see this type of petty bickering started.

it is too critical for this nation right now to engage in silliness - we need to work together - every single one of us - to change this nation.

i hope you'll find that focus to work with others and join in the discussion next time.

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 04:23:22 PM PST

•  edrie - you're displaying poor form. (0+ / 0-)

It's very poor form to ask someone to leave a diary, then after they say ok, you continue the dialog.Please stop using the pretense of decorum in this way.  I can only hope that you also will stop the silliness and take an honest look at your actions in OWS diaries which precipitated this diary.

•  you just can't quit, can you? (0+ / 0-)

i've asked you to discuss issues, you are determined to make this about me.

well, it ISN'T about me, neither is it about YOU.

either participate in the topic of the diary or leave.

those are your options.  i have no further need to engage you in conversation as you seem to be fixated on me instead of the issue at hand.

that's really too bad, but it's not my problem, it's yours to solve.

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 11:54:59 PM PST

edrie - you're displaying poor form.

•  are we playing "last word"? if so, you can have it (0+ / 0-)

i'm not interested in your opinion of my actions.  period.

buhbye.

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 01:58:57 AM PST

•  No - we're playing you being disingenuos. (0+ / 0-)

You pretended that you wanted me to leave your diary and stop commenting. I figured it was enough and so I said I would and I did.

But then you kept it going. What your real aim was to give me a reaming out - which you did after I was gone.  You just wanted another chance to scold - with no reply.

I called you on that BS and you didn't like it.

•  i am now formally asking you to stay away from (0+ / 0-)

me.  stop posting replies and insults.  if you don't agree with a topic, discuss that.  if you don't like me - that is your problem, not mine - this is not personal and i have no intention of making it so.

stop posting personal insults.

discuss the topic at hand or not - but stop posting personal insults.

i don't care whether you post or not. if you have something of value to add to a discussion, do so. but STOP posting personal attacks.

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 01:38:43 PM PST

•  I have not posted one. (0+ / 0-)
                      stop posting ... insults
                    •  Let me add a little more info (0+ / 0-)

and then really - I think this needs to stop for me.

My initial comment was not a personal insult, but a critique of your diary. A sharp critique, but a critique of your diary and your actions that preceded it.

That's not "personal insult."  Personal insult, by my understanding is name-calling, commenting on someones mental state, making fun of their name or other similar things.  I don't feel I've done any of that here.  I'm sharply disagreeing with you and I'm calling you out on what I feel is bad behaviour on your part - but not waging personal insults.

I rarely do comment to you these days.  When I saw your diary I felt I had to make my iniitial comment - this one.  If I had a do-over I would still have made that comment, but I wish I had made no further follow-up comments. Because I don't think the rest of the comments served either of us - and I know they left you irritated.

I also think that some of your irritation is that I'm calling you out on your behavior in the threads and in the diary. Simply commenting on "issues" could not be separated from that, in this case.

I will likely continue to rarely engage you. Perhaps on those occaisions when we do engage in the future, we should try to keep it shorter and avoid the race to the right margin.

BL

•  your comments were personal - directed toward (0+ / 0-)

me personally and not to the discussion at hand.

you continue to try to "call me out", even though i have politely asked you to either discuss the topic of the diary or discontinue the personal comments.

you cannot seem to do that.

i am referring this to the moderators.

now. i will disengage from you.

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 07:53:13 PM PST

•  You don't get protections when YOU START IT (1+ / 0-)
      BentLiberal