View Diary: WA-01: Darcy Burner, third time's the charm (107 comments)

•  Darcy is a better Democrat. (16+ / 0-)

Many people were very frustrated with the President's policy choices, especially from December 2010 until recently.  I see President Obama as having made some significant moves from deficts to jobs.

If you oppose her because she is a progressive who speaks her mind, so be it.   That's what primaries are for.

I support Darcy Burner.  She is among the best of better Democrats, a true progressive who will fight for the 99%, inlcuding those who are trhe bottom 25%, those who are in poverty.

I also support the re-election of Barack Obama.  I have contributed to both.   A Congress full of people like Darcy would be the best of all worlds for the President.

"I believe that, as long as there is plenty, poverty is evil. Government belongs wherever evil needs an adversary and there are people in distress who cannot help themselves." (Robert F. Kennedy, Speech, Athens, Georgia, May 6, 1961).

by TomP on Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 10:26:49 AM PST

•  wow all you people just live in ur own world (2+ / 0-)
      Inoljt, askew

NO OTHER candidate declared or undeclared at the time made nasty tweets about the president despite their frustration. No other senator or congressman did either. This is someone obsessed with party purity but I suppose you people just do whatever the net roots tell you to do no matter how messed up the candidate is that they support. When I think of how much better the other 6 candidates are in the primary and yet this site go crazy over this mess, just wow.

•  Thanks for the insult. (9+ / 0-)

"We" are the netroots.  The netroots consists of many, many folks, just like me.  No one "tells' me how to think.  I guess you don't understand that.

According to you, Darcy must be punished for sarcastic tweets about Barack Obama.  How silly.  I've given mony this year, volunteered, and will vote for him, but it is fine to criticize him, even with sarcasm.

I don't have a lot right now, but clearly I need to make another donation to Darcy.  If your comment is any indication of the other six candidates, than they are pretty sorry folks.

Darcy will support the President when he's right and oppose him when wrong.  Why would anyone seek anything different in a representative?

by TomP on Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 10:41:05 AM PST

•  the whole "you people" meme... (10+ / 0-)

and that "the net roots" thing (it's generally netroots-with-no-space, btw)...

As a registered user of this site since Dec 2, 2008, and an active one at that, do realize you ARE the netroots, right?

As for whether or not Darcy is someone who "act like someone who should be in congress", I've seen how many of those actually in Congress act. I'll take Darcy.

"But hate wears you down, and does not hurt your enemy. It is like taking poison and wishing your enemy would die." - - Cherokee saying

by brillig on Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 10:52:49 AM PST

•  first of all to tomP (2+ / 0-)
          Inoljt, tietack

you feel insulted, well i feel insulted every time you write those nasty diaries about Claire McCaskill, someone we actually need to hold the senate, because people here seem to think a hardcore liberal can get re-elected in Missouri. Secondly, anyone in elected office has to account for everything they say thats part of being a candidate and being in elected office. If Ben Nelson or Mary Landreiu or even DIFI made what everyone claims to be a sarcastic statement about Obama, this entire site would have some long hatefilled diary about primarying them and how awful they are. Its a double standard that Darcy is excused from this simply because she is a diarist. I'd really like to hear Darcy Burner's opinion on all this if she wants to comment, however, it appears that my comments have been hidden even without an HR.

•  Umm... (2+ / 0-)
            gooderservice, Situational Lefty

I'm most definitely NOT TomP.

As for whether she will reply, dont' worry that you've been HR'ed.  Darcy's a TU :)

by brillig on Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 11:11:06 AM PST

•  Your comments aren't hidden (2+ / 0-)
            TomP, bythesea

Just the one comment from Alan in Chicago that started this whole thread is.  Since you're a trusted user you should be able to see them.  Check your settings to enable viewing of hidden comments, since I think the default is to not show them (so as to help viewing of threads without clutter from bad comments).

•  Since when? (3+ / 0-)

I know of no politician that accounts for everything they say and do with the exception of maybe Bernie Sanders or Alan Grayson.

We delivered. They failed us. We have moved on. (h/t to my good friend)

by gooderservice on Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 01:13:18 PM PST

•  Yeah, heaven forbid we have a political candidate (6+ / 0-)

who actually speaks, or tweets, her mind-- about the President or any other subject-- without worrying about the optics or how the right or the msm will spin it.

What a fucking breath of fresh air. Wish I could vote for her.

When you triangulate everything, you can't even roll downhill...

by PhilJD on Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 01:51:07 PM PST

•  me too Phil. me too... sigh.... nt (4+ / 0-)

Hope has two beautiful daughters; their names are Anger and Courage. Anger at the way things are and Courage to see that they do not remain as they are. --St Augustine

by poligirl on Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 02:16:50 PM PST

•  My rep is Jan Schakowsky, and I'm pretty happy (4+ / 0-)

with her, all in all. I wouldn't be surprised if she has similar thoughts about the President-- in private. She's far too "political" though to ever let them get out into the wild.

I'll repeat, what a breath of fresh air Darcy in Congress would be.

When you triangulate everything, you can't even roll downhill...

by PhilJD on Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 02:27:22 PM PST

• Recommended (126)
  • Community (58)
  • 2016 (50)
  • Environment (38)
  • Elections (36)
  • Media (34)
  • Republicans (32)
  • Hillary Clinton (30)
  • Law (29)
  • Jeb Bush (28)
  • Culture (27)
  • Barack Obama (26)
  • Iraq (25)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (25)
  • Civil Rights (24)
  • Climate Change (23)
  • Labor (19)
  • Economy (19)
  • LGBT (16)
  • Health Care (15)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site