View Diary: CA Kossacks - Wind Storm coming (38 comments)

•  Frankly, the wind speeds aren't so bad, it's the (6+ / 0-)

duration. That is a long time. Thankfully, we don't have saturated soils. We have seen worse. But they did say 50mph gusts here in the delta. I would prepare for power outages. Out here in the sticks of Sherman Island, we are used to it. We have generators. BTW RayP, I think the majority of your writings are spot on. We are living in interesting times.

"We're here to start a dialog, nothing more. We keep quiet and let the press, the politicians, and the Wall Streeters hang themselves." From a veteran protester in the civil rights days at Liberty Park. h/t to pistols at dawn.

by mrsgoo on Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 10:59:11 PM PST

•  and don't forget bad cell coverage when the (4+ / 0-)

towers on top of the hills blow down.

always have had problems with high winds here and cell service.

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 11:21:00 PM PST

•  LOL! It will be a race which will fail first! PG&E (3+ / 0-)
        FrugalGranny, Tinfoil Hat, AnnieR

or the microwave WIFI. One or both are guaranteed to go down. I'm betting on both at this point. Now the real question is which will get restored first?

I hope the WIFI. Coz I really, really have a Daily KOS addiction. And I have generators!

by mrsgoo on Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 11:58:29 PM PST

•  And OH! If I happened to be at Doran Beach (1+ / 0-)
          FrugalGranny

in Bodega Bay between Xmas and New Years.... What would be my best bet on getting internet access?

by mrsgoo on Wed Nov 30, 2011 at 12:00:01 AM PST

•  yep - real dilemma! (0+ / 0-)

wifi or phone... phone or wifi?

hmmmmm - well, at least my PHONE has internet!

phone wins.  8^)

Is GlowNZ back yet?

by edrie on Wed Nov 30, 2011 at 07:41:48 AM PST

•  Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, we make (1+ / 0-)
      mrsgoo

sure to have plenty of water, canned food, flashlights.

•  Somehow, I knew you are a preparation kind of guy! (1+ / 0-)
        FrugalGranny