View Diary: Wall Street lobbyists go into overdrive to defeat Elizabeth Warren (91 comments)

•  Actually, on the whole, Franken has done pretty (3+ / 0-)
    Supavash, TofG, TomFromNJ

well.

In comparison to many others, he's done very well.

What makes you say he's caved?

Someone in a very expensive suit is at the front door and says he wants to foreclose on our democracy. Where should I tell him he can put his robosigning pen?

by Into The Woods on Fri Dec 02, 2011 at 02:17:54 PM PST

•  This "makes me say he's caved." (2+ / 0-)
      The Dead Man, danno50

Franken supports this POS.

This wasn't hard to find.

Sheesh. Are you that uninformed?

The money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working on the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the republic is destroyed. ~ Abraham Lincoln

by ozsea1 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 at 02:42:31 PM PST

•  On the Whole Doesn't Mean Perfect (0+ / 0-)

Sheesh.  Are you always this rude?

I agree, he should be opposing this POS and internet piracy is not the next War we should be fighting.

But Franken is one of the more liberal members we have in the Senate and his previous positions on net neutrality have put him out front on our side of that issue.

YMMV, but frankly Franken is doing pretty good so far.

I don't write them off for one or two issues to say nothing of one or two bills.

For instance, he voted for the good Feinstein Amendment to the NDAA.  Not all supposedly 'liberal' Senators can say that.

by Into The Woods on Fri Dec 02, 2011 at 06:59:08 PM PST

•  I'd have been more genteel (1+ / 0-)
          Into The Woods

prior to  -

1) looming foreclosure

2) Occupy ____

3) unemployment

sad to say, in this economic environment, I won't cut Franken - or any other Dem -  slack. None.

That said, I will vote for Obama b/c our broken electoral system will produce no better for 2012.

Also, yeah, I was rude and your reply was civil.

I was wrong and I apologize.

by ozsea1 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 at 07:21:12 PM PST

•  No biggie. I asked because I am no one's (1+ / 0-)
            ozsea1

cheerleader and my 'consent' of the governed is something I excercise all year round.

Knowing where they're going astray is the only way we can try to lead them (by the nose if necessary) back on track.

At least he's one who will listen and whose values I think offer some rational on which we can argue that he should be taking a different position.

Quite an improvement over Noman Coleman.

by Into The Woods on Fri Dec 02, 2011 at 07:28:21 PM PST

•  heh (0+ / 0-)

the bar wasn't very high, but true enough.

Quite an improvement over Noman Coleman.

by ozsea1 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 at 07:44:38 PM PST

• Recommended (120)
  • Community (56)
  • Elections (23)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Media (22)
  • Law (21)
  • Environment (21)
  • Culture (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Josh Duggar (20)
  • Science (19)
  • Labor (18)
  • Marriage Equality (16)
  • Ireland (16)
  • Economy (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Bernie Sanders (15)
  • Climate Change (15)
  • Hillary Clinton (15)
  • Health Care (14)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site