View Diary: Fox News: White House cards prove Obama hates Christmas (131 comments)

•  Dear Sarah (8+ / 0-)

YFPH, shut it. Happy Holidays!

#Occupy, exposing the US police state to the world.

by OleHippieChick on Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 06:10:04 AM PST

•  She can't shut up (6+ / 0-)

Roger Ailes has all kinds of stupid and demeaning (even for Fox) chores for his "hot" but "stupid" star who double crossed him by announcing her decision not to run on a conservative radio talk show.

He was pissed and she is under contract.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 07:10:17 AM PST

•  She just can't not quit things. (3+ / 0-)
        msmacgyver, snazzzybird, Dragon5616

#Occupy, exposing the US police state to the world.

by OleHippieChick on Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 07:28:12 AM PST

•  Right you are (2+ / 0-)
          rlharry, Dragon5616

I have a family member who reminds me of Palin...probably everyone does.

There is no remark or situation which she invariably misconstrues that isn't stored away for future reference and revenge.

She is never at fault for anything and while she is tedious and boring, she is also dangerous and often effective in her well planned battles.

Palin still has some scores to settle but so does Ailes.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 09:30:43 AM PST

•  Kroist, sounds like my former boss! (3+ / 0-)
            msmacgyver, rlharry, Dragon5616

#Occupy, exposing the US police state to the world.

by OleHippieChick on Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 09:47:41 AM PST

•  Aren't you glad he/she is (3+ / 0-)
              OleHippieChick, rlharry, Dragon5616

your "former" boss?

These people don't have co-workers, friends or family.  They take hostages.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 11:11:00 AM PST

•  She was all rule by intimidation and fear (2+ / 0-)
                msmacgyver, Dragon5616

but always via mean girl proxies.
                And yes, former, phew. I still have PTSD from working "with" them.

#Occupy, exposing the US police state to the world.

by OleHippieChick on Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 11:15:48 AM PST

•  Exactly (1+ / 0-)
                  OleHippieChick

I also have flashbacks to the carefully orchestrated blow up with the family member and this is over twenty years ago.

Same MO as your former boss, Palin and all the rest of the narcissistic sociopaths who wander around looking for potential melodramas to capitalize on.

And yes, proxies are integral to their operation.  This family member left a trail of not-so-willing collaborators who are still wondering how in the hell it all happened.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 11:25:10 AM PST

•  I'm just rereading your replies, msmac, (1+ / 0-)
                    msmacgyver

and they are very helpful. I'm saving them. I need to sort out what happened. I'm more certain all the time that I was framed and fired. I'll never be able to prove that but would like to sum it up in writing and send it to the board of the society.

#Occupy, exposing the US police state to the world.

by OleHippieChick on Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 01:40:39 PM PST

•  I think we all run afoul of this kind (1+ / 0-)
                      OleHippieChick

of experience at least once in our lives and it leaves scars. I'm so sorry your situation led to your being fired for what sounds like a well planned set up.

The family member I described tore up the family over our situation and despite the fact that she was in the wrong and I reacted in a perfectly acceptable way, she was able to prevail.  And, it was a set up, make no mistake about that.

I know exactly what I said and did and you also know the facts of your situation. Because I did not lie about any part of the drama which was created and she did lie and misrepresent, my story is still consistent while hers was not then and certainly is not now.

Think how Fox twists and turns facts to fit whatever narrative they want to push. Fox creates highly emotional scenarios which people can't help but react to. This is the same thing.

I'm glad I can help in some way and try to remember that your life is better by being away from the person who caused you so much hurt and damage.  I hope you can reconstruct the situation and present it to the board of the society if only to get yourself on record.  If, as you say, the boss got others involved, they might not be willing to admit they were equally as wrong and you may never be vindicated.  If, however, you believe you can prevail, get an attorney.  In my case, that would not have been an option.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 04:21:57 PM PST

•  I can't afford an attorney and (1+ / 0-)
                        msmacgyver

can't prove what was done to me, but then again neither can she prove she didn't do it. It would be a she said, she said, but at least I can vent it.
                        The thing was this: After almost two years of store-closing ritual -- gawd, I couldn't WAIT to close -- anyway, you don't close out the register without locking down everything, starting at the front door and going counterclockwise through the store, locking the front door and flipping the sign to Closed, checking the second unused front door, checking the bathroom, checking/locking the two rear emergency exits, shutting off ACs, lamps and Xmas village lights or whatever, all without fail. Ritual. This was a Saturday closing and I can see my own hand turning the lock, testing the door and flipping the Closed sign and saying, Oh, thank gawd THAT's over with.
                        We were closed on Sundays. The following Monday morning, I came in, the overhead lights were off (I always left them on), the register keys and key to the cash locker were GONE. I about had a nervous breakdown.
                        I called my boss and left a message that asked, since she had the other key, if she had come to the store and that if she didn't call me back within 5 minutes, I was calling the cops. I waited, no return call so I called the cops.
                        Oh, the cops knew all about the open door on Sunday, someone had phoned it in, an "honest customer" whose name and out-of-area phone number were in the police report.
                        The boss appeared shortly thereafter, with all complaint paperwork in order; she and her toady were en route to fire me when I left the message for her.
                        I asked for and got the police report. I reverse-searched the phone number with two different search services and both times it showed up as a land line in the Orlando-Apopka area. Then I phoned the "honest customer" guy, who said no, the phone was his work cell. Fishy enough?
                        I'm still writing it up but every time I try to work on some kind of narrative, I have a panic attack. Just typing this gave me palpitations. :-PP

#Occupy, exposing the US police state to the world.

by OleHippieChick on Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 05:12:37 AM PST

•  But, you did type it up here where (1+ / 0-)
                          OleHippieChick

you know you will be believed.  That's what's important right now for you.  The experience I related was not the first time my credibility was questioned and it is demoralizing and can make you question yourself.

Some time after the incident, I also began to have panic attacks which further complicated my life.  I understand what you are going through.

If I'm understanding your narrative, there was no theft involved and the complaint rests on an unlocked door and the loss of two keys.  Who filed the police report and what was the conclusion made by the cops?

What is the reason given for your being fired?

I do believe that you were set up and only you would know why.

I'd like to help and if continuing to write your thoughts in this thread does that, I'll keep checking for your comments and reply.

msmac

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 07:38:34 AM PST

•  Thanks, msmac, that's very helpful. (1+ / 0-)
                            msmacgyver

There was no theft: "honest guy" saw Open sign, walked in, lights were on as I left them the night before. He found a pair of swim fins, put them on the counter. He saw our counter sign, 'Sorry, we are now closed on Sundays', and started yelling around the empty store. Of course, no one was there so he phoned the police and waited until they came.
                            I always left the register keys/cash locker key/door key on a hook next to the register, sort of hanging down behind the counter. According to the cops, whom I called after the whole deal went down, the lead officer went through some papers on my desk and supposedly found my boss's cell phone number and called her. She was in the middle of a bike run and phoned the manager of the closest store -- about 10 mins away -- and he came to my store where the cops handed him the keys. He secured the place, took my store's bank deposits and register cash from the locked locker and that was it till I came in Monday morning.
                            The boss claimed the keys were found on the counter. I was fired for negligence for leaving the door open. I believe the real reason for firing was my refusal to fire my assistant sales associate who had had a complaint lodged against her by a customer.
                            When I analyzed the complaint, I found my assistant's story to be credible and did not warrant her being fired. Boss didn't like that at all.
                            We're two older women, we're friends, who don't take any bull from anyone. We ask questions and they don't like that. We built the thrift store from the ground up and, instead of a junk store, we made it look like a nice retail shop. We cleaned every item that came in and artfully displayed them. I was extremely picky with the clothing and we had a fab reputation among the ladies.
                            All we got was a key to the building; we had to use our own cash for the register on opening day! The boss's minions were very rude, my "team," and I was on the wrong side of the chick who dispatched the trucks to pick up donations. She hated my guts from day one. Hence, the store was starved for furniture; the good stuff went to the other 3 stores, not to us. We had no large-ticket items to sell so we couldn't make our sales quotas. Doomed to fail from the very beginning, I'm coming to believe. WhyTF did she ever hire me?
                            Now the boss is going around the neighborhood introducing her new manager and slandering me and Terry to our friends and neighbors that we were "bad for business."
                            Here's the kicker and what she's trying to cover up: The building she jumped into because of cheap rent had laid vacant for 3 years prior to her signing a 1-year lease. No traffic study was done, but I did one 1 year later by computer and there was NO traffic at our location, none registered, a dead end of a dead road. She's trying to pin her mistake on anyone but herself.

#Occupy, exposing the US police state to the world.

by OleHippieChick on Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 11:44:31 AM PST

•  I had already assumed that you worked (1+ / 0-)
                            OleHippieChick

for a non-profit which told me all I needed to know.  I have my own experiences which mirror yours and I was also a whistleblower. Shortly after I joined the non-profit as a volunteer PR coordinator, I concluded that the Treasurer was stealing.  I said so and was dismissed.  Three years later, he was indicted, charged and found guilty.  In the meantime, I lost the opportunity to work for a cause I believed in and was slandered in an attempt to discredit me.

In this case, the board of directors were warned, not only by me, and did nothing until they ran out of money and had to investigate.  As you said:

She's trying to pin her mistake on anyone but herself.

Is your "boss" a board of directors member?  If she isn't, you really do need to write to the President of the BOD and put your case to him/her.  I understand from your narrative here what the facts of the case are.  You don't need to speculate on how this happened, but do state that you certify that you closed out the shop exactly as you always have.  Let the BOD do their own investigating.

If your boss is creating trouble among the employees/volunteers (you and your friend -vs- the others) the non-profit will suffer.  If she is slandering you in an attempt to vindicate her own actions, you do have a civil case.  It doesn't matter if you hire an attorney, just stating that this is an option should put an end to that.  The customers who loved your store and your fellow merchants and neighborhood friends won't believe bad things about you.

I'm an Ole Hippie Chick, too.  I received my first Social Security check this month :)  However, it never ceases to amaze me that I still get caught in situations where I really should be able to prevail if by nothing else but intelligence and life experience.  Alas, if we are dealing with people who are screwing the pooch and who are incompetent jerks, we really can't win.

Take some time and get your thoughts together then put what you wrote above into a formal narrative for the BOD.   One thing which never, ever fails is...Put It In Writing!

I'll check this thread and be happy to reply if you want to comment.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 12:31:44 PM PST

•  You're a doll. I was going a little nuts. (1+ / 0-)
                            msmacgyver

Collecting it in one place will help. I have a word file somewhere too with a list of grievances from when I started. It just was never right and I knew it. I never journal or save notes except for this job.
                            I really have to make self-employment work for me again. It was always so satisfying. Cleaning and organizing a closet for a little old lady is one of the the stairs to some heaven, they're so happy. Cheap plug: Our new 1-page Web site is up as of yesterday: WomenWithGloves
                            Other pages (Before & After, Happy Clients, etc.) coming shortly :-P

#Occupy, exposing the US police state to the world.

by OleHippieChick on Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 12:47:38 PM PST

•  I'd say you're well on your way to (0+ / 0-)

not only putting the screws to that bitch who knew you were smarter and more successful at the thrift shop than she ever could be, but also...you're going back to what you love to do!

Everyone Needs Some Assistance!
                            What Can Women With Gloves Do for YOU?

This is genius!  A winner of a business for you and your friend and a fantastic website.

Like you, I went self-employed in 1982 and never looked back.  We're a unique bunch of people who can't really tolerate incompetence and usually have all our bases covered every single day.

One thing that did cross my mind when retelling my story is the possibility that your boss could be stealing in addition to all the other crap.  The Treasurer of the non-profit I was involved with ruled with an iron fist, found fault with everyone and kept the organization in a constant state of chaos. This worked very well for him and kept prying eyes (except for mine) away from his fairly clever schemes.  I do hope you give the BOD a chance to review your situation and give them the opportunity to take action.  In any case, you need to protect yourself in case the woman does have sticky fingers.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 01:09:09 PM PST

•  We're rebeels, Dottie. Loners. (1+ / 0-)
                            msmacgyver

Thanks for caring. I will sum up for the board. We have their home addresses. The boss would vet anything to the board, nothing ever got through to them. But now we will.

#Occupy, exposing the US police state to the world.

by OleHippieChick on Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 05:09:28 PM PST

•  Heh, Pee Wee's Big Adventure? Really? (1+ / 0-)
                            OleHippieChick

I was thinking more like Thelma and Louise :)

No surprises that the boss blocks communications with the BOD.  You will get through and no matter the outcome, you built a successful business for them and you deserve a hell of a lot more than a quick firing without recourse.  Give 'em hell.

I know your biz will take off and be glad you're out of a bad situation, and...

Happy Freakin' Holidays!

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 05:40:05 PM PST

•  I love me some Pee Wee. (1+ / 0-)
                            msmacgyver

The very best of the holidays to you, too, ((((msmac))))!!!!
                            Thx for listening.

#Occupy, exposing the US police state to the world.

by OleHippieChick on Sat Dec 24, 2011 at 04:31:22 AM PST

•  Here 'ya go... (1+ / 0-)
                            OleHippieChick

Glad to listen, it helped me, too.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Sat Dec 24, 2011 at 09:25:21 AM PST

•  Please Explain the "" Around Stupid (2+ / 0-)
        msmacgyver, rlharry

cause when it comes to PaleIn, stupid is as Sarah does

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the Republican Party.

60% of White-Americans voted for the TeaBigots in 2010. Yet, some Kossacks think Obama is the problem. I guess it's easier to blame Obama than it is to blame your momma

by OnlyWords on Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 09:35:58 AM PST

• Rescued (17)
  • Politics (16)
  • Media (15)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Texas (15)
  • Barack Obama (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site