View Diary: Ron Paul? Really? (363 comments)

•  I wish to mock you (1+ / 0-)
    volleyboy1

Yes, you're right about that.

Anyone who labels himself as a "visionary" should be mocked.

So you're right about the mocking part.

But your vision failed you on attempting to figure out why I would mock you.

If Barack Obama called himself "transformative!" don't you think that would be ridiculous?

I do.  And I'd mock him for it.

I am an atheist for moral purposes. Seriously.

by otto on Wed Dec 28, 2011 at 03:55:35 PM PST

•  Feel free to mock. But things are what they are. (0+ / 0-)

I happen to be a person of vision. If you read my writings or check out the organizations I have founded you would see that. I don't perceive the word "visionary" as a pompous word.

Many people are visionaries. Entrepreneurs often are, and especially those who not only create new businesses but also new cultural organizations that create change. Some of my personal friends are also visionaries; in fact I primarily tend to hang out with visionary people. If you perceive the term as pompous, fine. You can perceive language in any way you wish.

Eric Stetson -- Author, Speaker, Visionary. www.ericstetson.com

by Eric Stetson on Wed Dec 28, 2011 at 05:03:34 PM PST

•  This is probably the funniest I've seen here (0+ / 0-)

"I happen to be a person of vision."

Thanks for that.

Would you agree that if Obama called himself a "transformative" president that he would be making a ridiculous comment?

My uncle would frequently tell me how he had very great plans to solve the problems that the world faces.  I am not making a joke by telling you that he was on crack when he would go on those long ranging, self congratulatory spiels.

I mean that literally. He smoked crack, and he would talk about how we could solve the world's problems by bringing the Democrats and Republicans together and...

That's visionary, don't you agree?

It's okay, though.  In order to manage in this media environment, you have to make yourself a product that can be sold.

As to your second comment, what do you think I would like to have happen as a result of mocking you?

My vision is that the end goal was the mocking.  I had no other goals after that.

It was a short range vision.

I am an atheist for moral purposes. Seriously.

by otto on Wed Dec 28, 2011 at 06:13:47 PM PST

•  Yes, your vision is definitely short range. (0+ / 0-)

And to answer your question, no, I don't think that if Obama called himself "transformative" it would be ridiculous or deserving of mockery. He is a transformative president, for a variety of reasons (his race being but one). That's just a statement of fact.

I don't consider these kinds of words like "visionary" or "transformative" to be anything other than honest descriptions, if the person is describing a genuine feature of their personality and/or accomplishments.

I happen to know people who are even beyond visionary, they are prophetic. Perhaps that's because some of my friends are spiritual people who believe in things like inspiration, prophecy, etc. Your signature indicates that you are a staunch atheist, so presumably all of these phenomena are outside your experience or belief system.

So mock away, if a person's views/experiences/nature is incongruent with your own. Keep those short-range spectacles firmly lodged on your nose, and have fun! lol

Eric Stetson -- Author, Speaker, Visionary. www.ericstetson.com

by Eric Stetson on Wed Dec 28, 2011 at 06:35:15 PM PST

volleyboy1

I will continue to make fun of people who are so self congratulatory about their amazingly unique abilities to see the future that they label themselves with something like you've done here.

Did you notice that you answered the question in just the right way?

You said that he is transformative.  He didn't say it.

That's the difference, and I'm surprised that the advanced synaptic connections you are able to make were not able to uncover that key point.

I'll be sure to look out for your visions.

I am an atheist for moral purposes. Seriously.

by otto on Wed Dec 28, 2011 at 06:44:29 PM PST

•  Btw, for future reference, mocking doesn't work if (0+ / 0-)

the person you're trying to mock actually is doing the things you're claiming he's only pretending to do. It actually just makes the mocker look ridiculous.

Eric Stetson -- Author, Speaker, Visionary. www.ericstetson.com