View Diary: Rahm Caught Red Handed By State Officials (239 comments)

•  It's clear people were bused in. (1+ / 0-)
    AaronInSanDiego

However, there is nothing in this diary that ties the bussisng to Rahm except the diarist's thoughts.
     I had to read this thing twice because I couldn't believe what a scumbag thing that would be.   I then realized there was plenty of fact about the bussing but none tying it to the mayor.

Koch Industries, Inc: Quilted Northern, Angel Soft, Brawny, Sparkle, Soft 'n Gentle, Mardi Gras, Vanity Fair, Dixie

by ChiTownDenny on Sat Jan 14, 2012 at 02:44:07 PM PST

•  From the diary (6+ / 0-)
      State Representative Esther Golar said she was at the meeting about Reed School in Englewood, which is set to receive Guggenheim students, and saw people arrive on a bus. She said she talked to them and discovered they were from a halfway house and were paid $25 to come to the meeting.

BBM

"I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one."

by Betty Pinson on Sat Jan 14, 2012 at 02:49:48 PM PST

•  That's not true. (19+ / 0-)

The diarist wrote about this very thing in another diary.  Perhaps you should go back and read it.  They were trying to close Crain, I believe and these folk showed up and caused a ruckus.  Once it was uncovered that they were paid agitators, the vibe at the hearing turned against the school board when these folk actually joined in with the parents, teachers and community activists fighting to keep the school open.  Why?  Because they started to actually LISTEN to what they had to say and it made sense to them.

The Board reps then abruptly left the meeting.

I think that HydePark link the other diary.

"No, I'm being judged against the ideal. Joe Biden has a saying: 'Don't judge me against the Almighty, judge me against the alternative." --President Barack Obama, 12/11/11

by smoothnmellow on Sat Jan 14, 2012 at 03:00:02 PM PST

•  none of those diaries (0+ / 0-)

demonstrated the connection to Mayor Emanuel either, unless I'm missing something.

"Okay, until next time. Keep sending me your questions, and I will make fun of you... I mean, answer them." - Strong Bad

by AaronInSanDiego on Sun Jan 15, 2012 at 02:09:54 AM PST

•  go back to August 25, 2011 (5+ / 0-)

aug 25 2011 preacher breakfast

One of those who sat with Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel at the August 25, 2011 preacher patronage breakfast at Sox Park was Rev. Roosevelt Watkins (above right at the mayor's table), who later was a prime organizer of the "Rent A Protest" groups that picketed the Chicago Board of Education, City Council, and the Chicago Teachers Union during 2011 and in January 2012. Above, left to right (except the bodyguard standing at the far left) are Jean-Claude Brizard, Noemi Donoso, Andrea Saenz, Garry McCarthy, Rahm Emanuel, and Roosevelt Watkins. Substance photo by George N. Schmidt.

rev watkins has been spotted at multiple events by multiple eyewitnesses and even has been confirmed by sources as  the organizer of the rent a protesters who have told union staff and board staff that they were paid by the rev. the same rev from aug 25 2011.

first rent a demonstration cps 8/24/11

The Christian breakfast took place one day after many of the same ministers and churches staged a loud demonstration outside the headquarters of Chicago Public Schools. On August 24, the day of the Board of Education meeting, ministers (above) held a press conference demanding the longer school days and year, while their supporters held up printed signs (above). Substance photo by George N. Schmidt.

signs look similar?

Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach. -Aristotle

by Hyde Park Johnny on Sun Jan 15, 2012 at 02:30:51 AM PST

•  OK, I admit that I missed that one, and (0+ / 0-)

it does show more evidence of a connection to Emanuel.

by AaronInSanDiego on Sun Jan 15, 2012 at 03:11:11 AM PST

•  On second thought. (0+ / 0-)

this seems like guilt by association. It certainly doesn't look good, but I still don't see strong evidence that points to Emanuel.

by AaronInSanDiego on Sun Jan 15, 2012 at 03:53:53 AM PST

•  by the way..... (0+ / 0-)

Real Name: Aaron
          DOB: 1967
          Gender: M
          Diaries published: 0
          Diary frequency: never
          Comment frequency: frequent
          Total Recommends: 0
          People Following AaronInSanDiego: 9

Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach. -Aristotle

by Hyde Park Johnny on Sun Jan 15, 2012 at 02:34:09 AM PST

•  what is your point with that? n/t (2+ / 0-)
            aufklaerer, shesaid

by AaronInSanDiego on Sun Jan 15, 2012 at 03:07:49 AM PST

•  Let's not get personal here. Aaron's a commenter (4+ / 0-)

like I am. (And I'm not particularly fond of this habit of quoting UID's and personal profiles to make a point in a debate)

I think you have a strong point.

Aaron and ChiTownKev may be technically right that you didn't show evidence Rahm personally ordered anything. But this is politics, not a criminal court, and in politics, you have to answer for with whom you sit down, and make clear you are not involved in these shenanigans, and I understand Rahm hasn't done this, so there's enough of a foundation for your allegations, and this diary. Maybe it helps to build up public attention and subsequent increased scrutiny this case needs.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." Mark Twain

by aufklaerer on Sun Jan 15, 2012 at 08:26:38 AM PST

•  this means nothing, and is a bit of a (0+ / 0-)

low blow, imo...dkos is a vast community with many moving parts-not all work in the same way.

this is said with all due respect.

i'm not aware of too many things-i know what i know, if you know what i mean-e.b.

by shesaid on Sun Jan 15, 2012 at 10:38:18 AM PST

•  ChiTown (7+ / 0-)

I suggest to you and the mayor that no one is buying this weak defense you're offering.

The mayor and you should know that attacking the messenger by HR-ing a diary isn't going to fly.