View Diary: Loonwatch.com and Radical Islam (96 comments)

•  Don't take my word for it (0+ / 0-)

Read the Koran.  Then do a little research as to how the Koran's most violent passages are being practiced right now around the world.  This will take a little more work than quoting a barbaric rapper who had also said, "A moment of silence?  Fuck dat, I wanna moment of violence".

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK at - www.Facebook.com/EricAllenBell

by EricAllenBell on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 11:10:12 AM PST

•  implying that I don't back up my posts is foolish (1+ / 0-)
      JDsg

given the documentation I provided you with regarding biblical quotations in this same diary's comments.

Similarly, trying to discredit Immortal Technique's words on the basis of other things he's said is not valid; the truth of the quoted statement stands on its own.

I've read significant passages of the Bible and the Koran, and what they both have impressed on me is that I would not be inspired to join either faith merely from from reading their holy works.

Meanwhile, you didn't really address the substance of my post and cite a course for your assertion, but rather suggested that I do my own research. I read about current events all the time, and am familiar with lamentable events taking place in many locales, including ones run by Muslims. However, I thought someone so eager to explain how "Islam IS Islamic fundamentalism" would be able to back up his assertions with something other than a list of "terrorist events" cribbed from wikipedia.

"You try to vote or participate in the government/ and the muh'fuckin' Democrats is actin' like Republicans" ~ Kweli -8.00, -6.56

by joey c on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 12:19:46 PM PST

•  Read the Koran, Watch World Events... (0+ / 0-)

... if you don't see a correlation there, I can't help you.

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK at - www.Facebook.com/EricAllenBell

by EricAllenBell on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 01:24:26 PM PST

•  In other words... (1+ / 0-)
          Devon Moore

...you can't make your point.  But we already knew that.

Muslims and tigers and bears, oh my!

by JDsg on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 07:25:37 PM PST

•  We? Are you part of a flock of something? (0+ / 0-)

My point is self evident.

Read the Koran.

Observe world events as they pertain to Islam.

Connect the dots.

This is a first grade homework assignment.  If I gave you all the answers you would refute them anyway.  I would challenge you to suspend for a moment your preconceived notions and look at this whole thing fresh, critically, with the courage that is required to question ones own tightly held beliefs about how things ought to be.

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK at - www.Facebook.com/EricAllenBell

by EricAllenBell on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 08:18:18 PM PST

•  I humbly suggest you need to read the Koran (2+ / 0-)
      skrekk, JDsg

in the original and not depend upon Ayatollahs' and mullahs' pronouncements as Gospel.  If you do wish to continue to validate your views with "what the mullahs say", I would suggest visiting Ayatollah Sistani's site with his explanations of the Koran:  http://www.sistani.org/...

•  I have read the Koran... (0+ / 0-)

... and the combination of it's violent passages in conjunction with how I see them being carried out has formed my view on Islamic fundamentalism.

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK at - www.Facebook.com/EricAllenBell

by EricAllenBell on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 01:27:21 PM PST

•  consider the violent sections of the Bible (1+ / 0-)
          JDsg

since both Muslims and Christians are offshoots of Abrahamic religion.  Cherrypicking the passages of any holy book is the root of problems and which we see the fruits of today as fundamentalists use these quotemining products to justify our most outrageous activities. Something else for your consideration:

•  Like I keep saying, the violent passages of the... (0+ / 0-)

... Bible are rarely carried out anymore in contrast to the constant practice of enslaving women, punishing women for being raped, killing homosexuals, stoning people for adultery and on and on as the Koran commands.

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK at - www.Facebook.com/EricAllenBell

by EricAllenBell on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 02:31:55 PM PST

•  violent passages of the Bible are rarely carried (1+ / 0-)
              JDsg

out?  I don't know how you define violence but the actions of the Religious Right to limit women's access to healthcare including abortion has not been a form of violence?  You argue that Operation Rescue is not a violent organization or that they do not have disproportionate influence?

It appears your myopia limits your ability to comprehend that the same number of Muslims resort to violence as do Christians. 95% of both groups are sane and pretending otherwise does not advance us in finding solutions to the problems we face today

•  Abortion is violent - it's a human rights abuse (0+ / 0-)

That issue, upon which we will undoubtedly disagree, about a woman's right to kill her baby...

And let's be clear, I'm not a Republican or a Christian.  That said, do you actually believe there is an equal number of Christians stoning women to death as Muslims?  Are you that far gone?

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK at - www.Facebook.com/EricAllenBell