View Diary: Angry Deniers Threaten MIT Republican Atmospheric Scientist's Wife After He Speaks Out (166 comments)

•  This hate mail reminds me of... (4+ / 0-)

...some frustrated ice fishermen I know, who decry climate change as some liberal plot but also wonder why it's mid-January and the lakes here in SE Michigan have not frozen over yet.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

by itsjim on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 09:16:29 AM PST

•  the ice-house census (2+ / 0-)
      itsjim, CuriousBoston

(yes, we have one every January) is at a 35-year record low here in Minnesota. No word on whether they weren't put out or just sank around Christmas when we had some 50-degree weather.

The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis. --Dante Alighieri

by uffdalib on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 09:25:40 AM PST

•  Wow! (1+ / 0-)
        CuriousBoston

I was wondering about that. I'm 52 and I do not remember ever seeing open water on the lakes this late in the season. It's been cold for the last few days, but usually we have a good 8 - 10 inches of ice by now.

To put it another way, last year I was ice fishing on December 15th. This year, I was golfing.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

by itsjim on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 12:36:29 PM PST

•  That's funny. (0+ / 0-)

Dumb asses.

If Obama doesn't deserve credit for getting Bin Laden because he didn't pull the trigger, Bin Laden doesn't deserve the blame for 9-11 because he didn't fly the planes.

by Bush Bites on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 12:24:27 PM PST

•  Definitely part of... (1+ / 0-)
        Bush Bites

...the "Get a Brain, Morans" crowd.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

by itsjim on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 12:39:13 PM PST

•  They have a brain. They do not think for (0+ / 0-)

themselves. They take the word of authority, as several comments above stated, with a link, and names of books. The scientists have two realities, how they account for them is difficult for us to understand.

Social Security is an INSURANCE PROGRAM. FICA FEDERAL INSURANCE CONTRIBUTIONS ACT

by CuriousBoston on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 01:51:40 PM PST