View Diary: Health Insurers Refuse to Rescind "Unreasonable" Rates; Snub Feds (250 comments)

•  here is the thing (2+ / 0-)
    Pluto, Mnemosyne

I've used nature remedies, homeopathic, naturopathic and gone to those leaning drs all my adult life but eventually I had to add in some allopathic pharma medicines; I put that off as long as I could because I know that once you begin taking drugs for chronic (or debilitating) medical conditions that you really can't stop when the 'naturals' don't do the job any longer;

I don't know if I timed it right ( should I have started earlier on allopathic would I have gotten better long term results if I had not waited until the last straw so to speak)

can't say but as long as my family wants to keep me around and put up with me I'll have to take allopathic medicines ( I still use 'naturals' and it really makes a difference)

Romeny's world is divided into two kinds of people: Willard Romney and The Help - - NEVER ELECT REPUBLICANS

by anyname on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 07:44:08 AM PST

•  Indeed, it is difficult to pull back (2+ / 0-)
      DawnN, Mnemosyne

...from allopaths when they are controlling symptoms (like cancer, for example). But, if your body's immunse system is not destroyed by them, you can rebuild it with complementary medicines. In this way, you can achieve a cure and a body that defends itself from future invasion.

Most people, when knocked over by the truth, have a tendency to pick themselves up, brush themselves off...and then hurry away like nothing had ever happened.

by Pluto on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 10:56:25 AM PST

•  sorry (1+ / 0-)
        roseeriter

but Pluto you don't know that; what may work for you would not work for various other people and their constellation of functional and non functional bodies, ages and backgrounds,

that was very abstract thinking.... square peg in round world answer from you - abstraction is not reality

by anyname on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 11:09:20 AM PST

•  I stick to evidence-based medicine (2+ / 0-)
          DawnN, Mnemosyne

It's complex because it does take all those factors into account. The fact that there are so many more adjunct protocols than allopathic alone, creates even more complexity.

In the case of all treatment approaches, lots of people fail to thrive. Thus, one picks the protocols with the best outcome for their group-type -- taking into account personal objectives of quality versus quantity. And plans for a pallative exit.

by Pluto on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 11:51:46 AM PST

•  ps: zinggggg... are you Libertarian n/t (0+ / 0-)

by anyname on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 11:11:12 AM PST

•  Are you wearing clean underpants? (0+ / 0-)

by Pluto on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 11:52:20 AM PST

•  what did you say your (0+ / 0-)

mother told your father 'that you were his'; if your were born in Louisana your daddy might not even know

by anyname on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 12:46:10 PM PST